Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I upset someone over running my truck today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i once got a letter from the tceq, i dont remember exactly what that means, but its texas air quality complaint department. my truck will make some SMOKE, but i dont try to smoke people out, unless they follow too closely or something like that. but i think it was on the day i let my buddy borrow my truck for the day... sounds like something he would do. they said the ticket could be up to 300 dollars.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 AM

Meh. I always fuel up at the same place and many times when I go to pay their like "someone complained about your truck running, they don't understand it's a diesel". People are just stupid. I idle my truck all the time, anything over a couple mins and it's 1100 RPM, never turn it off to fill up. A couple years ago when I was moving stuff for my grandma, not one minute after pulling up the old people are complaining that the fumes are ruining their fresh air outside. They were easily 300 ft away....

Anything under like 10 mins it's better for the truck to keep it running, and burns less diesel, so much better off keeping it run.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 PM

People have nothing else better to do than complain about others, sticking their noses in on things they don't know about.

The few times that I've been told leaving my truck running, I usually tell them to " Deal with it...Now move along"....and go on about my business.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:00 PM

i usually tell them my starter is broken. when they dont believe me, i pull an old starter out of the bed of my truck and show it to them, it stumps them out of words usually. i did that to a cop one day. but it actually WAS the starter off my truck, i live on a hill and i just pop it in gear to start it, i left it running in high school all day a few times till payday... they were calling me from the office and all kinds of stuff, i had a hard time explaining to them that i couldnt turn my truck off... one guy thought he would get cocky and turn my truck off for me, but the switch was all messed up and when he pulled the key out, it was still running... lol it was an old school 7.3 non turbo too!! that truck was hard to kill, but i did it
R.I.P. ol' blue