Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Hate People, Hit & Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Hate People, Hit & Run

I went fishing this morning so the wife took the truck and went to the grocery store. Anyways she drove up to the lake and decided to tell me what had happened. She went to the grocery store this morning and got a page over the intercom about a red dodge with my plate's sitting in the middle of the parking lot drive way. She told me she parked out away from everyone, like we always do. She went out and sure enough there it was up against the curb. She said she left it in gear but forgot to set the parking brake. So I get to looking and some Edit side swiped the front of the bumper. white paint on the bumper, chunks out of painted plastic trim on the bumper! Then I get looking a little more and find a long, big, black scratch on the (R) rear fender! What is it with :edit: people! I work hard to have nice things and then some Edit comes by and ruins it!

From what I see, this is what happened. The idiot was towing a trailer and short cut the turn, hit the truck and forced the truck back into the driveway. The black scratch is probably a shopping cart, unsure on that though. IF the parking brake would have been set, it would have been worse!

Sorry for the rant! I just needed to vent!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I feel for ya man...

Last Christmas I had a lady side swipe me merging on to the freeway in stop and go traffic. She pulled right in to me as I was established in my lane on Freeway, I pulled over, she went around me and kept driving. I pulled in behind her got her plate and make/color/model, the next exit was my insurance agent so I pulled off and turned it in.

It's going to a hearing to determine if she was involved *INVOLVED* in an accident with me. She refused to bring her car in for inspection for 3 weeks, her only damage would have been her mirror so I'm sure she replaced it before agreeing to having it inspected. Her mirror height matches exactly to my damage height. The CHP wouldn't do anything because I said I could not ID the driver (it was at night).

The hearing isn't even scheduled until 07/27/07...It happened 12/28/06.

Then 2 weeks ago I come out of the grocery store and found someone had back into my rear bumper, no note or anything of course...Even if they left a note saying oops, sorry, but nothing at all.

I have since left my ball mount in so if someone rear ends me or backs into me they'll hopefully tear up their car worse.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Thats the whole reason I leave my hitch in I had someone rear in me sitting at a light and it looked like someone took a metal cutter and cut a 8 inch by 2 inch strip out of his hood and killed his radiator. He tried to say it was my fault due to my brake lights were not on! I have a stick and I was pulling up to the light slowly. Anyway repainted the hitch for the next one!...lol
Old 06-09-2007, 06:31 PM

I leave mine in for the same reason. Several years ago, I just dropped the boat trailer and decided that I didn't want to mess with taking out the hitch before going out for the evening. I was on my way to pick up my girlfriend and someone smashed into me at 30+ mph. The hitch split the hood in two like a can opener, took out the radiator, the exhaust manifold, and it looked like the valve cover shattered. My truck? Well, considering how hard I was hit, I believe I did very well by just needing a new bumper... And the nice new chrome ball and hitch was just a trophy, since the old one was still usable.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:59 PM

I leave my equalizer hitch in all the time, in fact it's bolted in.

So far I have been rear ended five times at intersections by retards in small cars. Other than various paint colors left from the accidents, I have had zero damage at all and four of the five cars had to be towed.

And people wonder why I leave it in all year.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

I tend to leave some sort of hitch in myself. As far as Bozo's go, I was T-boned with only 450 miles on my week old truck by an un-insured sphincter with no drivers license. Took out most of the pass. side of my truck.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by eodshawn
Thats the whole reason I leave my hitch in I had someone rear in me sitting at a light and it looked like someone took a metal cutter and cut a 8 inch by 2 inch strip out of his hood and killed his radiator. He tried to say it was my fault due to my brake lights were not on! I have a stick and I was pulling up to the light slowly. Anyway repainted the hitch for the next one!...lol
yeah it works great. It puts a big old hole into their radiator like a champion
Old 06-09-2007, 08:10 PM

I just got back from the store where it happened. No camera's, yet! Talked to the store manager, apparently these kinda things have been getting more frequent as of late.

I got the white & black paint rub off, out. Bumper polished out. I dabbed some touch-up paint into the missing chunks on the bumper cover (looks like poo poo). We got an outfit that comes through every week @ work, that specializes in fixing stuff like this. So I'll have them take a look @ it and let me know how much, to try and fix. If not, then I'll buy a new cover and have it painted. I got a body shop that will paint it for nuttin. So we'll see.

It's just the hole principal of the hole matter. I understand accidents happen, but at least leave a note! I would have been less edited by admin off.

I like that hitch idea! I'll be removing the John Deere hitch cover and installing my rapid hitch!

Last edited by Totallyrad; 06-09-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 06-09-2007, 08:58 PM

there was a bumper for sell in the classifieds fyi
Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 PM

I would only replace a stock bumper. Time for a REAL one.

I put a Lonestar bumper on the front of my Ram, after I hit a deer. Won't slow down the next time. LOL Just blow it to bits.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
I just got back from the store where it happened. No camera's, yet! Talked to the store manager, apparently these kinda things have been getting more frequent as of late.

I got the white & black paint rub off, out. Bumper polished out. I dabbed some touch-up paint into the missing chunks on the bumper cover (looks like poo poo). We got an outfit that comes through every week @ work, that specializes in fixing stuff like this. So I'll have them take a look @ it and let me know how much, to try and fix. If not, then I'll buy a new cover and have it painted. I got a body shop that will paint it for nuttin. So we'll see.

It's just the hole principal of the hole matter. I understand accidents happen, but at least leave a note! I would have been less edited by admin off.

I like that hitch idea! I'll be removing the John Deere hitch cover and installing my rapid hitch!
Man, Tye...I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your truck...Heather sends her condolences as well, you know how much she likes that red rig. As for the hitch thing...it's a good idea and all, but out here in California, I'm sorry to say it ya'll (not aimed at anybody with morals and a conscious) but there are WAY too many people out here that would steal one of those out of the receiver for me to feel comfortable leaving it in there. Especially when they are the expensive drop hitch jobs that we all like so much...or even worse, weight distributors...sure, it would do some serious damage to a possible hit and run person, but it would also save some theif a couple hundred bucks
Old 06-09-2007, 09:47 PM

They'll have a hard time taking mine off since I have a lock on it. If they want it bad enough, they'll do anything for it, but at least it will discourage the lazy thief.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:48 PM

I was at the grocery store last year loading the groceries into the pass door of my 2000 Ram (lifted on 38s) and suddenly had the truck jerk violently. I walk around the other side and some 16 year old chick had driven straight into my rear tire. Didnt do any damage and her boyfriend acted like it was no big deal. Then when I go to get in the truck to leave the are so close I could hardly get in and my door hit the side of their POS car. The boyfriend was still sitting in the car and started getting loud until I told him lets just call the cops and file a report for hitting my truck, which I would have done but had to get home to get ready for work.

On another note I came out of Walmart one day to find a lady standing next to my 84 S10 (extremely rusty and beat up and now at the scrap yard). She said she had accidentally hit the side of the truck. I just laughed and told her not worry about it.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never let your wife drive your truck.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by $oC@l CTD
Man, Tye...I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your truck...Heather sends her condolences as well, you know how much she likes that red rig. As for the hitch thing...it's a good idea and all, but out here in California, I'm sorry to say it ya'll (not aimed at anybody with morals and a conscious) but there are WAY too many people out here that would steal one of those out of the receiver for me to feel comfortable leaving it in there. Especially when they are the expensive drop hitch jobs that we all like so much...or even worse, weight distributors...sure, it would do some serious damage to a possible hit and run person, but it would also save some theif a couple hundred bucks

Thanks bud, and tell Heather thanks for me! I got that double lock pin, hardened steel, set up that they make for it. I bought one of those before I even used it.

Quick Reply: I Hate People, Hit & Run