Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I guess dares still work

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess dares still work

8-Year-Old Woodward Boy Sticks Tongue To Stop Sign Pole, Gets Stuck

An 8-year-boy stuck his tongue to a stop sign pole Tuesday morning. Firefighters had to come and help get the boy free. An 8-year-boy stuck his tongue to a stop sign pole Tuesday morning. Firefighters had to come and help get the boy free.

WOODWARD, Oklahoma -- The Woodward Fire Department was called out at 7:24 Tuesday morning to rescue an 8-year-old boy whose tongue was frozen to a pole.

Firefighter Shane Pingry said firefighters arrived on the scene at 7:27 a.m. to find the boy standing on his tiptoes with his tongue frozen to the pole of a stop sign across the street from the Woodward Middle School.

A teacher saved the day with a bottle of drinking water. Firefighters poured it on the boy's tongue and it took about a minute before the boy was free.

Pingry estimated the boy had been stuck to the pole for about 10 minutes. He was taken to the hospital for treatment.

When asked why he'd stuck his tongue to the pole in such cold weather, the boy said it was because his older brother had dared him to do it.

The boy's name was not released.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this must be a relative of Cincy's!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Sweet!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
This is a male right of passage......... Did the same thing to my younger Twin but he just ripped the sign out of the ground and carried it around with him until the weather warmed up enough to release his tongue.

The only lasting effects is it makes him talk kinda funny like a Canuck some times EH!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my adopted brother (we hate each other like real siblings) dared me to stick a fork in an electrical outlet.

now you know what is wrong with me.

and I haven't listened to him since.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I actually did do this in the first grade...I stuck my tongue to the monkey bars and then I RIPPED it off. The biggest embarassment was having to rinse my mouth and try and stop the bleeding at the girls water fountain. No hospital trip, no sympathy.

Thanks older Twin, that made me stronger.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
my adopted brother (we hate each other like real siblings) dared me to stick a fork in an electrical outlet.

now you know what is wrong with me.

and I haven't listened to him since.
Without a dare...in the same yr as the frozen tongue, I stuck a pair or tweezers in an electrical outlet. I was knocked against the wall, blew the tips off the tweezers, splattered my new pants with solder like tweezer material, blew the breaker and was grounded for a week. The tingling in my fingers took what seemed like days to dissipate. Later in this same year I had all of my front baby teeth taken out by a broom during a heated battle in the basement with my brother. My parents had company. I was bleeding...again and my dad gave me a big glass of orange Crush to rinse my mouth with. The fizz elevated the pain...I think first grade may have been a turning point in my pain tolerance.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Without a dare...in the same yr as the frozen tongue, I stuck a pair or tweezers in an electrical outlet. I was knocked against the wall, blew the tips off the tweezers, splattered my new pants with solder like tweezer material, blew the breaker and was grounded for a week. The tingling in my fingers took what seemed like days to dissipate. Later in this same year I had all of my front baby teeth taken out by a broom during a heated battle in the basement with my brother. My parents had company. I was bleeding...again and my dad gave me a big glass of orange Crush to rinse my mouth with. The fizz elevated the pain...I think first grade may have been a turning point in my pain tolerance.
I actually feel kinda bad about the broom thing Little Brother.......That was after all Moms favorite Broom and it got broke over your hard head
Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I actually feel kinda bad about the broom thing Little Brother.......That was after all Moms favorite Broom and it got broke over your hard head
Then there was the time I was taken downstairs for some discipline. Mom had the wooden spoon and decided it was time for me to get a whoopin. Something about puncturing aerosol cans and having shrapnel stuck to my LEGG. I could not hear what she was saying as I was nearly deaf from the explosions of the cans. When she broke the wooden spoon on my butt, all I could say was..."Whatcha gonna do now?" From that point mom realized she had been taking the wrong approach with me.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Lad had to learn somehow ! Didnt we ALL ! ?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I worked with a guy that was dared to wizz on an electric fence wire to melt about a 1/4" layer of ice off of it. Needless to say he was out of work for about three weeks. He did seems to always have a funny walk after that.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Then there was the time I was taken downstairs for some discipline. Mom had the wooden spoon and decided it was time for me to get a whoopin. Something about puncturing aerosol cans and having shrapnel stuck to my LEGG. I could not hear what she was saying as I was nearly deaf from the explosions of the cans. When she broke the wooden spoon on my butt, all I could say was..."Whatcha gonna do now?" From that point mom realized she had been taking the wrong approach with me.
I pulled the "whatcha gonna do now" trick along with a laugh. All I got was "wait til your father comes home".

still can't sit straight! LOL
Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I dared my buddy one time while we were in church to see if we could yell as loud as we can without anyone hearing us and he had to go first. He said OK, then let out this wild squeal. The whole congregation froze and stared at him for what seemed to be a lifetime. I told him you loose. No reason for me to give it a try. I could dare him to do anything and he would.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I TRIPLE dog dare ya.....
Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: I guess dares still work