Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hunting report

Old 10-08-2002, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hunting report

Well, i wasnt really hunting, just looking at my cows! lol.<br>i always carry a rifle with me just in case. I ran across 10 feral hogs routing around on the road. i stopped and go out of the truck to walk closer to get a better shot.<br><br>when i got closer i noticed there where 2 big sows routing in some waist high grass. i decided to take one of them. well, when i shot, she dropped and i bet 40 freaking hogs jumped up outa the brush all around me and scattered! i was amazed. most where just small shults, and some small babies. but those are the best eating.<br><br>as of right now, that little sow is bleeding out in an ice chest on back of the ranch truck.<br><br>im gonna take my horse out this evening and try to find a deer. My fiance just bought me a new rifle scabbord for my saddle, and we are gonna go try it out. gonna see if i can scout me out a deer, or some more hogs.<br><br>the reason i like hunting on horseback is that your caballo will let you know when there is game around you when you cant see it.<br><br>happy hunting all!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:07 AM

Re:Hunting report

Hunting on horse back...........This reminds me of a story about a buddy of mine.... This buddy of mine was in the market for a good horse so i knew a man that had a few so i sent my buddy to this ole boys farm to pick one out. So my buddy gets there and looks through the mans stock and finds one he really likes and they agree on a price and my buddy buys it and before he leaves asks the man &quot;oh yea one more thing can you shoot off this horse? i like to hunt and was just wondering if i could shoot off him..&quot; the man replies &quot; oh sure sure you can shoot off him&quot;. So my buddy goes home and that weekend decides to take a hunt and is riding his new horse and on his hunt comes across a very large white tail buck and set up a good shot from his new horse pulls the trigger and the horse goes ape-poop* and throughs him and he misses that trophy buck!! We obviously my buddy was quite disturbed at the fact he was lied to adn calls this man and is ripping his but for lying to him about being to shoot off that horse! and the man calmly replies &quot;I didn't lie to you at all....I said you could shoot OFF that horse i never said anything about shootin on him!!&quot;
Old 10-08-2002, 10:26 AM

hahahah...i wouldnt attempt that one. i have thought about it, but im not brave enough.<br><br>i usually stop, and tie my horse to a tree, and walk to find a good rest.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:11 PM

I've got this Q-horse, a Doc Bar grandson. When he was about 8 mos. old i started throwing firecrackers in his stall. The first time I took him on the trail I fired a .380 from the saddle, at a year and a half he was bombproof, If you watch his ears and pay attetion to his stride he'll tell when there is a deer in the area.<br> A few years back he fractured his front pasturn bone, 1300$ later and now just a pet... man I love that horse.<br>
Old 10-08-2002, 02:32 PM

When my coworkers ask if I can shoot from my horse, I always reply &quot;of course......once anyway&quot;! ;D Take care <br> WRP p.s. sounds like fun palmetto I used to live in San Angelo and whent hunting some in coleman county <br> and other places
Old 10-10-2002, 07:49 AM

8) Well??? Hows the hunting going??
Old 10-10-2002, 07:54 AM

[quote author=WA.Horseman link=board=10;threadid=5662;start=0#50866 date=1034254191]<br> 8) Well??? Hows the hunting going??<br>[/quote]<br><br>Been seeing a few bucks, nothing special. rained its butt of yesterday, didnt go out scouting. spent time inside with my lady.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:32 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=Palmetto_kid link=board=10;threadid=5662;start=0#50871 date=1034254442]<br>[quote author=WA.Horseman link=board=10;threadid=5662;start=0#50866 date=1034254191]<br> 8) Well??? Hows the hunting going??<br>[/quote]<br><br>Been seeing a few bucks, nothing special. rained its butt of yesterday, didnt go out scouting. spent time inside with my lady.<br>[/quote]<br><br>HMMMM.... now chasing two-legged does huh? <br>