Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How would you handle this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Swole
... Funny huh!?
It's sad. But more common than it should be.

Seems like we share some common values... UNcommon? Or scary?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:02 PM
"Swole It like ya Stole It"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
It's sad. But more common than it should be.

Seems like we share some common values... UNcommon? Or scary?

Glad there's others like me out there!!

Stay Safe Brother!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:54 PM

I lost count, of the number of times we were toned out for an illegal burn, or smoke investigation, only to find a recreational burn. Each time, I've told the homeowner " As an employee of the county, I am required to 'advise' you to put it the fire out. Now, neighbor to neighbor, be safe and have fun. Just make sure it's out before you call it a night. Do you have a water hose handy?" They usually respond with "yes". At that point, I get on the radio with dispatch, and tell them, " recreational burn, made contact with homeowner, and advised HO to extinguish fire. HO has water supply and will extinguish. Unit is back in service." The home owners understand we have a job to do, but also know we are not SHARP, POINTY, NEEDLE-LIKE OBJECTS.

Hey LEOs, this is just for you.
If fighting fires was easy, they'd let the cops do it. Y'all stay safe.

Last edited by chaikwa; 06-06-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Language
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by firestorm

Hey LEOs, this is just for you.
If fighting fires was easy, they'd let the cops do it. Y'all stay safe.
Hey! That's pretty good.

You know what we do with the LE Academy drop outs down here????

We give em a hose and tell em to get after it.......

Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Hey! That's pretty good.

You know what we do with the LE Academy drop outs down here????

We give em a hose and tell em to get after it.......

Yeah, but there's only so many Dunkin' Donuts that they can clean out!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
"Swole It like ya Stole It"

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Yeah, but there's only so many Dunkin' Donuts that they can clean out!

I've got MAD respect for fireman!!

We all have out jobs...strength's or weakness...We all do our best!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Necred, what's the status of this?
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM

I found his home email address & sent him one there. I told him i hope this was an oversight to please let me know if he needed more time. That was 8 jun....Im hesitant about doing anything that may jeopardize his name or embarass him as he may be sick or tending to someone that is. Im gonna search my cell statement for his cell number & try to call him. I see he hasnt made a post since Jan, so i guess that means he uses PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jthorpe
I've called local police before and had them knock on the door on the subject in question. Money received in less than a week after that.
Perfect example where the LEOs need to keep their noses out of this situation.......for all we know the original story is a load of bunk and the other party mentioned here has followed the agreed procedure to a T. Classic case of he said he said. Not implying that the OP is fabricating the story, but who really knows.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
for all we know the original story is a load of bunk and the other party mentioned here has followed the agreed procedure to a T. Classic case of he said he said. Not implying that the OP is fabricating the story, but who really knows.
First of all i dont fabricate stories. I have the emails in the PM section where he said he thought his wife had already sent the money, that he had been out of town. he also stated h ewoul dput check in mail following week, 5-6 weeks ago. The Moderator has the power to review those emails.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Necred
First of all i dont fabricate stories. I have the emails in the PM section where he said he thought his wife had already sent the money, that he had been out of town. he also stated h ewoul dput check in mail following week, 5-6 weeks ago. The Moderator has the power to review those emails.
I don't know you from Adam.....how do I know you don't embellish stories to put yourself in a better light? Lary is a good choice of a mediator. I don't believe the Police have any business interjecting themselves into a civil matter.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:54 AM

You dont know me so you assume the worst, Im sure its a pleasure being married to you.
If you will read the written word, i have not advocated involving the police, I had just as soon lose the $70.
Theres nothing any "planer" in the PMs than i will send you a check next week.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I had a similar experience of which I contacted Lary to discuss before any posting on a public forum became the next option. My wife and I discussed the situation and decided that the 23.00 in shipping was not worth the time or energy to chase it. After I left it alone, a check for 30.00 dollars arrived in the mail that has since cleared and all is good.

With regards to a police visit for something [in my opinion] so small, I would say that that is stretching the long arm of the law somewhat out of its realm of enforcement and ability. Like I said, just my opinion...we all have one.

On the outside looking in having had a similar experience and how I/we dealt with it...its small potatoes in the real world. Sometimes we get bit. I hope it pans out for you.

Would I make a deal like I did before? Yes. Its my choice. I can live with the consequences on this scale.

Having been burned a few times, I still put trust where I feel its deserved. Every situation has variables. I am glad you are considering the possibilities outside of something deliberate.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Yeah, Scotty. I agree its not gonna stop me from trusting others as i have said the $70 wont make or break me. It was more out of curiousity that i post this situation. I dont believe he lied about shipping, weeks had passed since he gave me the quote (about when gas prices began to soar). He was very easy to get in touch with during the transaction and we talked several times, you know for all i know he could have had a horrible accident.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully things eventually come through and Life just happened and the guys is crazy busy. It's unfortunate if this 'oversight' is intentional on his part.

Quick Reply: How would you handle this?