Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How Would a Terrorist Attack Effect Upcoming Elections??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Mexstan
Ah, I was waiting for someone to say that. Israel IS a Christian country in that they confess faith in the same God that America does.
I'll agree that we share a Judeo-Christian heritage (OK, the Christian heritage is on the US side.) The only way to become a Christian, however, is to accept Christ - something the Jews refused to do.

A minor point, perhaps, but the difference between life and death to those who might be reading this!

Rusty
Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally posted by RustyJC
I'll agree that we share a Judeo-Christian heritage (OK, the Christian heritage is on the US side.) The only way to become a Christian, however, is to accept Christ - something the Jews refused to do.

A minor point, perhaps, but the difference between life and death to those who might be reading this!

Rusty
On that point I will agree with you. The life and death you are talking about is eternal.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remain vigilant folks. The enemy is very intelligent and can adapt!!!! If it doesn't look right report it.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by army_guy
Remain vigilant folks. The enemy is very intelligent and can adapt!!!! If it doesn't look right report it.
Very good point!!!

WE are the first line of defense!

Report anything that looks odd and let the authorities figure it out. Better safe than sorry.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Very good point!!!

WE are the first line of defense!

Report anything that looks odd and let the authorities figure it out. Better safe than sorry.
Does that include Hoss?
Old 07-16-2004, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Or, here in Texas, shotgun anything that looks suspicious!

Rusty
Old 07-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Does that include Hoss?
Hey....I resemble that remark!!
Old 07-16-2004, 06:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Have just come across a story that although does not tie in directly with this thread, is related. Here it is;

An al-Qaida-affiliated Internet site is cautioning Muslims to avoid being near planned targets of the terrorist group, reports Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

The Al-Battar Camp online magazine, stated in a June 29 posting that the measure was for Muslims' safety.

By providing the warning, the group is revealing its plans for attacks against "Christian companies, airlines and oil companies," according to a translation of the report.

The report, "A Warning to Muslims With Regard to Getting Close to Infidels and Oppressors," was written by Sheikh Amir Ibn-Abdullah al-Amir.

It advises Muslims, "If you are working with our infidel enemies, beware. Leave their quarters to save your religion, first, as well as for your own safety, should the mujahadeen target these infidel companies that hold enmity toward the Muslims and play a role in the war against Muslim nations. Beware of being with these infidels in this situation, lest you become afflicted by what will befall them. Al-Qaida has already warned and explained that it will be targeting these companies, especially the airlines, the oil companies and others run by the Christians."

U.S. intelligence officials said last week that terrorists are targeting transportation systems, including trains, ships and airlines as part of preparations for a major attack.

Likely methods include truck bombs or hijacked airliners.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Yup
Just like the "Threats" to shopping malls last Christmas, and various other "Intelligence" gathered by officials monitoring the internet.

I'm sure the terrorist are laughing their collective butts off watching the American public having to jump through hoops every time another "threat" is recieved.

"Hey Abdulla",......."Hold my goat's milk and watch this",.........."I'm going to e-mail Akhmed and tell him to avoid using 'Port-o-pottys' for the month of August"........"Let's see how many construction sites the Homeland Security Agency will close down".........
Old 07-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Shovelhead...