Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Tell me your situation
Have an iPhone and love it
30.57%
Have an iPhone and hate it
1.31%
Switched from a BB to an iphone and love it
7.42%
Switched from a BB to an iphone and it was a mistake
1.31%
iPhones are for women and little kids
59.39%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

How many have an iPhone or Recently Switched?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many have an iPhone or Recently Switched?

I have been a blackberry guy for a long time but, I am thinking of switching let me know what you think?
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at the new Palm Treo as well. I have the I phone and am looking at switching to it. Its business capabilities are a little better in my opinion.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by qzilla
I have been a blackberry guy for a long time but, I am thinking of switching let me know what you think?
Definitely better than BB. But I am biased, see my sig.

Although I must admit that I use a palm treo755.

So I could not vote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
As the worlds NUMBER ONE Blackberry fan and took out a chisel and stone and swore that I would NEVER own the phone of the sheeple....

I broke down and bought one over the BB Bold.

It is hands down the best phone I have ever used. And this coming from a geeky tech guy who goes through phones and computers like most guys change their underwear. Ive had BB's (Curve, Pearl, 8800) Two HTC's (one being the Tilt which I despised) Treo's, Moto's Nokia's Smarts not so smarts and a bag phone too.

Ill reiterate, the iPhone is hands down the best phone Ive ever owned. From the apps to the web broswer, to the ease of sync, the camera, everything. The touchscreen is way better than any other too. And this is coming from a guy who swore off of touchscreens after the Tilt.

The apps alone almost warrants buying one, the Safari browser alone does.

The single and only reason I could see to get a BB over the iPhone is a corporate email uses. The Crackberrys are still king of the email. But for you average to moderate user (which for me as moderate is 100-150 emails a day with minimal document management) the iPhone is just fine.

I would suggest though to go with the 3GS, I find it does run a tad smother than the 3G, and yes Ive had both.

P.S. Blackberry, I still love you guys.

Well.... Thats about 50 cents worth from me....
Old 09-18-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have a good friend that has one. I love how many pointless apps you can get for it (like the shotgun app, the starwars light sabre app, the fart machine app, the zippo lighter app, it goes on) yet it has so many good apps as well. Has a great speaker for a phone, navigation works well (used it on a recent trip to Florida), and good capacity. Battery seems decent, and reception seems pretty good as well.

The only downside I seen from his is he can't send multimedia messages or recieve them, as ATT doesn't have an unlimited multimedia plan yet.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:04 PM

I'll never have to make this decision, I always get the free one on contract.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
This is a great poll, I'll be keeping an eye on it. I think I'd really like an iPhone, but for me it would mean switching service providers, as mine deals with Blackberry. I've been their customer for over 15 years, so I don't want to switch unless the iPhone is a great deal better than a BB.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
10x better than what I had and w/10x the features and same monthly price. You can get a refurb for $50!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Chapter President

I have the original iPhone and am getting the wife the 3gs. There isn't anything this phone can't do (at least as far as I'm concerned.)!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 PM

I have had BB for years I had to switch to a new BB Storm about 2 months ago had it for a day and went back and got a new BB 8330 I love it I get all my email for work on o
It and I will never own a touch phone I hate it, once ya go !BB! Ya never go back besides as I type this msg I'm on my BB
Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by CODODGE2500MAN
I have the original iPhone and am getting the wife the 3gs. There isn't anything this phone can't do (at least as far as I'm concerned.)!!!!!!
Except recieve Multimeda messages and Be tethered to a laptop. The teathering function was important to me being in sales I could access our data bases on the rd instead of having to find a hot spot or trying to get on a customers network. I am not a fan of touch screens either though.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 PM

I hate my Iphone, sometimes the battery won't even last me a day, and i'm stuck without a phone for a while. They don't take video, the camera isn't very good either. If I don't restart it every couple days it freezes. TERRIBLE call reciption, I loose atleast 1 call everyday for no reason. The Ipod and internet are good, but other then that i'm not happy.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:19 PM

I recently received an iPhone through my employer, and I have to say it is pretty dang cool. It is easy to use(most people with a little common sense can figure it out how to operate it on their own), and it has a lot of features. It really is amazing how much stuff this little gadget can do.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM

Iphone is the best IMO hands down
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 PM

I'm doing this with my iPhone. I had the pearl but it su$$ed, haven't tried any others since the iPhone came out. I just keep upgrading...2g, 3g, and now 3gs

IMO these fones are great, but then again I haven't tried much else since the iPhones came out. I do hate that my bill increased by $10

Quick Reply: How many have an iPhone or Recently Switched?