Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How to make your kid get good grades.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from church, the preacher preached on honoring your parents. He included many of the topics we've been discussing here. What it boils down to is love, respect, honor, and disipline are learned from a young age. YES they must be taught, children don't have this stuff written into thier DNA.

For those that have posted and have been successful, great job! If you havn't been so successful, DON'T give up! It's only to late after you draw your last breath.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
One of my oldest sons teachers wont let him answer questions in class anymore because no one else was getting a chance.
This can be a huge problem sometimes. I still dislike my education growing up because I was in this same situation. The teachers thought I was smarter than everyone else, so was largely ignored once they discovered this. They instead focused on as i quote "those who need help."

Hopefully she can help him advance further and not just brush him off because he is doing fine on his own.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:45 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Timmay2
This can be a huge problem sometimes. I still dislike my education growing up because I was in this same situation. The teachers thought I was smarter than everyone else, so was largely ignored once they discovered this. They instead focused on as i quote "those who need help."

Hopefully she can help him advance further and not just brush him off because he is doing fine on his own.
he's ok with it so far.
both boys are considered special needs because they are in all the advanced classes now. He puts forth the enthusiasm and at times, he will get in an "I wanna annoy someone" mood and just starts answering the questions.
Inclass work is always done quickly and correctly. Tests are usually checked a couple times.