Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hope you guys have Good Spyware software...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hope you guys have Good Spyware software...

Had an issue with my computer not saving usernames and passwords. Had to enter my password in everytime I came to DTR. Just figured it out tonight. I had a Keylogger running in the background. Dang waste of space internet theifs. I have only entered in a credit card one time the last month for an online purchase. Usually don't do such things. Gotta run to the bank and get it terminated and have a new card reissued. Haven't been got yet but it's close to being a major catastrophy. I bought the Spyware Doctor from PCtools.com. Only 30 bucks but well worth it in my opinion.

Dang theifs that are a waste of space and life in my opinion!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same trouble a couple of months back and dern near killed my operating system to boot.

The problem did not originate from DTR but one of the other diesel sites that I no longer frequent because it makes Spyware Dr, and my firewalls go crazy.

I have informed the Admin of the other site about the problem repeatedly, in an open forum and now they don't care for me very much

Go figure

Could it be that I'm such a nice guy when I know that they are purposefully trying to screw me??

I think not!!

Rick
Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
Had an issue with my computer not saving usernames and passwords. Had to enter my password in everytime I came to DTR.
I've always had to enter my password. Should the board be saving that as well as my username? I always figured it was a security feature.

chaikwa.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on how strict you are with cookies. If you have your browser security set to maximum, ensure you list this site in your trusted domain list.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:24 AM

I never save credit card numbers, user names, or passwords on ANY computer I use. I also 'dump' everything out of memory before I shut the computer down. I also have three different Anti-Spyware programs on my primary PC.

Call me paranoid, but maybe I just spent a little too long working End User IT Support ...
Old 12-20-2006, 08:30 AM

whats a good free spyware search program I can download?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Banned

I run the following on my machine here at work and have had no problem to speak of in the past year or longer. I only have to enter my password here after I run the cleaners and it deletes my cookies.

CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ (this one works great and makes my maching boot faster once it cleans the registry up)

Spybot from http://www.spybot.com/en/index.html

Adaware from http://www.lavasoft.com/

The ccleaner works great. Once all this has ran, I run disk defragmenter that is part of windows. I move some many files around here at work, I have to keep up with it or things get boggy. And if I don't keep it clean, my CAD gets really slow, especially the 3D stuff.

PS. I TAKE NO RESPONCIBILITY FOR THESE PROGRAMS! IF YOU ARN'T COMFORTABLE RUNNING SUCH STUFF, DON'T RUN IT. They are free-ware programs so be sure to read about them before running them.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Had an issue with my computer not saving usernames and passwords. Had to enter my password in everytime I came to DTR. Just figured it out tonight. I had a Keylogger running in the background. Dang waste of space internet theifs. I have only entered in a credit card one time the last month for an online purchase. Usually don't do such things. Gotta run to the bank and get it terminated and have a new card reissued. Haven't been got yet but it's close to being a major catastrophy. I bought the Spyware Doctor from PCtools.com. Only 30 bucks but well worth it in my opinion.

Dang theifs that are a waste of space and life in my opinion!!!!!
You could have saved yourself $30 and download Ad Aware for free.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:08 AM

Paranoid??? What me worry???

By the time the web reaches my desktop pc at home, it has to go through three firewalls! I also run Spybot at least once per week and Virus scan. I never save CC info, and always check for https in the url before entering any remotely personal info.

And, we back that up by checking credit reports 2x per year.

These days, you can't be too careful! I fear what it may be like when my son comes of age and starts working and using his credit!

Tony
Old 12-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I could of downloaded Adware for free but I am not the primary user of the computer at home. My wife is. I want it to be rock solid. Used to be a computer tech in the service and worked at it for 3 years while going to college before I couldn't stand it anymore and you get what you pay for. Everywhere I went I always got the computer questions first. Then the people that would say, " I gotta have it now". I have used spyware software before that was aggrivating and barely worked. Not this time. Did my research and yes, it is excellent and worth 30 bucks and then some.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

I have msn premium and it came with web-root spy-ware and macafee virus and another firewall and thats on top of all of the dell stuff for virus and spy-ware i all ready have. My computer is rather frustrating to run because it blocks almost every thing and i have to go though and add certain sights to my safe list just to function on the Internet. over kill yes but its worth it
Old 12-20-2006, 10:45 AM
P.J
Banned

I use Sbybot and AVG free.

I've been going for almost a solid year with no issues (after two and a half complete re-laods) Knock on particle board.

These two I am using now (free) seem to be pretty solid.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 PM

webroot window washer cleans up all the cookies and files and makes your computer run faster. That is what I use and you can download a free 30 day trial to try it out. Just go under search and type in window washer and downlaod the program. You will be impressed...I was!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 PM

I could of downloaded Adware for free but I am not the primary user of the computer at home. My wife is. I want it to be rock solid. Used to be a computer tech in the service and worked at it for 3 years while going to college before I couldn't stand it anymore and you get what you pay for. Everywhere I went I always got the computer questions first. Then the people that would say, " I gotta have it now". I have used spyware software before that was aggrivating and barely worked. Not this time. Did my research and yes, it is excellent and worth 30 bucks and then some.
Yep, the new types of hijacking software slipped right past my firewalls and both Spybot and Adaware. They are directly linked to both cookies and spam emails. So much for free spyware blockers.

I had 4 servers try to hijack my computer at once in the space of 5 minutes.
The problem was so bad that it infested my registry. When I did the free Windows scan it said I had over 220 infections and crashed! I was at the end.

With Spyware Dr., Ace utilities, Mcafee Regcure, and 12 hours on the phone with Windows, I was able to debug the problems.

Now I delete all cookies daily and report all spam to spam@uce.gov. Any uninvited attacks on my computer are immediately reported to hackerwatch.org.

Rick
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Originally Posted by Hoss
You could have saved yourself $30 and download Ad Aware for free.
I was of that beleif at one time to.But the free stuff is not any good. Spy ware Dr. is the one that saved me. I was using Adaware it said I had no spy ware after using the Dr. found two trojan horses.

Quick Reply: Hope you guys have Good Spyware software...