Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:09 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Been up since 4:30 this morning. Had a bit of drama in the house and that got everybody up. All is well and everybody went back to bed - except me.

Lary, how old is your son?

Bob, that picture I posted only keeps those colors for a few minutes as it is constantly changing. It is common to see bright yellow, brilliant golds and various shades of red. Have a window in what my wife calls the studio (a variation of the Spanish word) and one window faces north and the other faces east, so I can easily see the sunrise. Yeah, it's tough to deal with all that beauty so early in the morning.

Early coffee and ph00 is on the stove. Somebody else can bring some goodies later.

Heading out early today and will be gone for most of the day. Got lots to do and lots of running around.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all -- - you too, Stan. Good ph00 - - don't care what your wife says, you are all right in my book.........................

Light fog covered the sunrise this morning - - cool"er" front came thru last night causing the fog. Should burn off shortly and be somewhat warm again, but slightly cooler.

Me gone - - lots of running to do today. Might even find a bargain out there.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:12 PM

HELLO!!!!!

2 POSTS IN THE WHOLE "OTHER" SECTION ALL DAY???????????????
What is going on????

BYE.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
After 8 years of previous unsuccessful attempts to create and hire additional Officers, today I got 5 approved and plan on filling 4. Saving that last to make sure we have the budget right!

New plan for June.....5 more now that we found the secret. We might actually be able to go to 8 hour shifts if it all pulls together. WIN!

Bobby-Now you see why I didn't stop by earlier. To much "double check quick before the bean counters figure it out"....
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Morning all -- - you too, Stan. Good ph00 - - don't care what your wife says, you are all right in my book.........................

Waddya mean; what my wife says????? How did you manage to talk to her anyway? Maybe you caught her at a bad moment? My wife thinks that I am a sweetheart and a fantastic guy in all respects. Ahem! Gone for a while as I now need to go and make sure that my brainwashing is still working and properly prepare her for her next clandestine chat with certain folks who hang around here.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stan, don't worry about that truck that went through the ice. It's only a GMC, they make good anchors.

I saw Peterson's 4-wheel and off-road, tested one of the new Cummins-powered Nissans. They say it has similar feel and fuel mileage to the hemi. They were only running empty, though.

Wonder what ever happened to the v6 they were developing alongside it....
Old 12-31-2015, 05:47 AM

One more day before a New Year. Wow. Gone fast.
Coffee and ph00 are on.

Have a gudurn.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Normally the ice on the lakes up here is 3 feet thick now.
Sometimes I need an extension on my ice auger as its thicker than 3ft.

It's very common to drive on the ice up here. I suspect the person who sunk was either unfamiliar with where to drive on that lake or not aware that the ice is just too thin currently.

Knowledge is King. Make sense Bobby ? LoL
Old 12-31-2015, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Knowledge is King. Make sense Bobby ? LoL
Absolutely. That is how I got named Bobby King. Cuz I make sense. Well, most of the time anywho.............

Heading for intermittent showers and colder temps for about a week. About time. Might get down in the 60's during the day. Wow. Get out the electric blanket. .................................Oh yeh, and the long johns - - - - hmmm, let's see, where did I put them? Or do I still have any? Why would I? When would I wear them? Did I throw them away? Can't remember? DUH.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:02 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good Night Bobby

LoL
Old 12-31-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Only problem around here is it hasn't been cold enough yet to chase the rif-raf out ........... to Florida.

Driving on ice is normal around here also. You have to know what you're doing, however. Near incoming streams, springs, and places where large fish, like carp school can have very thin ice. It's all flat on top.

The most laughable incidence around here was at an ice race event, I think in Brainerd, where the organizers insisted that all the teams park their rigs, mostly semi's, side by side on the ice. After 500 to 1000 tons got put in one dense cluster, the whole works went through.

Most large lakes around here have plowed roads all over them for most of the winter. Some of them take a fairly large plow rig to handle the snow depth and drifting.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
Only problem around here is it hasn't been cold enough yet to chase the rif-raf out ........... to Florida.
If it's all rif-raf down here, why did you want to come down? I know - - cuz you know the fish are biting fantastic down here right now. Tarpon are having a convention - - and hungry. All kinds of good fish biting. Now the rif-raf will have lots to eat. ...............................and not freeze catching it.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
If it's all rif-raf down here, why did you want to come down? I know - - cuz you know the fish are biting fantastic down here right now. Tarpon are having a convention - - and hungry. All kinds of good fish biting. Now the rif-raf will have lots to eat. ...............................and not freeze catching it.
rif....raf..... all i need is a place to park.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Calling tonight quits early. I'm working with all the Supervisors in the morning so the young guns can play.

To all the guys that have had problems this year, flush them and enjoy the fresh start tomorrow. To the guys with all wins this year, LET US KNOW THE SECRET!

Be safe tonight, the scanner is already going nuts!
Old 12-31-2015, 09:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Happy New Year Folks!

Quick Reply: Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2