Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy Mothers Day Break Room 5/8-5/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by wyododge
good mid-morning all. Never had so many interviews in my life... interesting how a guy can have years of experience but is not qualified because he chose NOT to donate to a university. 20 year in construction, 15 years in real estate appraisal, 20 years of business ownership, and eight years in the oil field. I was asked two questions: your only 47, how can you have that much experience, and when do you plan on finishing your degree.

I replied, the fact that you asked the first question should indicate my answer to the second...

You all have a splendid day!!
Amen, you can't find anything out there, let me know, we can't find good workers............. Closest to you would be Shakopee Minnesota, but the weather isn't all that different than Wyo.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty good fishing too!!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just had a storm blow though with marble to golf ball sized hail. Roof is covered with leaves too bad to see how it held up. Wife was visiting elsewhere and I got the good car in the shop in time. Twisty winds went South of me, but close enough to see the spin and the nice green color.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:24 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
good mid-morning all. Never had so many interviews in my life... interesting how a guy can have years of experience but is not qualified because he chose NOT to donate to a university. 20 year in construction, 15 years in real estate appraisal, 20 years of business ownership, and eight years in the oil field. I was asked two questions: your only 47, how can you have that much experience, and when do you plan on finishing your degree.

I replied, the fact that you asked the first question should indicate my answer to the second...

You all have a splendid day!!

Boy, did this hit a sore spot with me!!!! I have had it up to here with stupid, idiotic, ignorant HR personnel who only know how to shuffle papers. Again and again I have seen outstanding workers shuffled to one side as they do not have "the right papers". A person with a degree or two in all too many cases does a worse job than a person with the appropriate work experience, but HR choose not to understand that. Hate HR! Not that long ago read somewhere that some companies had realized their mistake of overlooking experience in preference to some paper and were going back to hiring older and consequently more experienced folk who could do a much better job in their sleep.

Better get off my soap box before I really get mad!
Old 05-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Better get off my soap box before I really get mad!
Here - - -- have a cup of my delicious ph00................

Ummmm - - - - feel better now? Take a deep breath - - let it out, take another sip of ph00. Oh, you look so much better all ready. ...........

Nighty night,
Old 05-10-2016, 10:40 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
When I get asked where I "earned" my degree I say "The school of hard knocks."

More practical stuff to do, like find my favorite mushroom.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:05 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from a warm Paradise. It's been unusually warm for the last week. Murder in the sun, but quite pleasant in the shade. Discovered once again to be careful about picking up tools left in the sun. Boy, does it hurt when they get picked up! Hot tools also get dropped quickly!

Bob, thanks for the ph00. I think it helped a bit, but this morning when I thought of HR, again got sort of irritated. Better not go there before I get annoyed all over again.

j_m, sounds like we went through the same school. I failed a couple of classes and needed to do them all over again.

Squeezed some fresh picked lime and made a delicious lime, honey and organic apple cider (with the mother) drink. A nice healthy way for you to start the day. When you have finished that, there is hot, fresh coffee and ph00. Maybe Lary or Bob will bring some grub later.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Squeezed some fresh picked lime and made a delicious lime, honey and organic apple cider (with the mother) drink. A nice healthy way for you to start the day. When you have finished that, there is hot, fresh coffee and ph00. Maybe Lary or Bob will bring some grub later.
Isn't this ironic - - - been out on the bike for a couple hours and ran behind two restaurants and checked out the dumpsters. Found some pretty nice looking day old apple fritters and other various baked yummies - - tried one and it was delicious. So, grabbed a bunch and brought them in. Had a glass of your "apple cider" and it was very good. Grabbed a ph00 and now headed for the kitchen for a BIG bowl of oatmeal and a fritter (my doc will love me - - - - ................................)

Later,
Bob
Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings.
Hope all is well for olive ewe.
Hanyday

Igonow
Old 05-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Greetings and Hallucinations

I found some breakfast biscuits in the dumpster behind Mcdonalds from yesterday to add to Bobs baked goodies...the sausage while a tad pungent, has a real kick to it...enjoy!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:36 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon all. Thanks Mexstan, really frustrating!I guess I have been asleep in the workforce too long. When did WHAT you are become more important the WHO you are anyway?

All things being equal, I think I would rather go back to throwing papers, mowing lawns and shoveling walks. Got some of the best hot chocolate PH00 in my life in those days!! Not to mention the COOKIES!!!!

And hey TOP! thanks for the plug!!
Old 05-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

And hey TOP! thanks for the plug!!
Neat tool Jeff! I figure some of the other tool guys here will like it as much as I do

He who dies with the most tools Wins!
Old 05-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
When I get asked where I "earned" my degree I say "The school of hard knocks."

More practical stuff to do, like find my favorite mushroom.

I pick bolatuse (SP?), horse and shaggy mane shrooms up here.
Should see them very soon.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning DTR! Hot coffee and flavored Phoo for you know who.....Cracker Barrel is again catering breakfast here in the break room so pull up a chair and order up a FEAST!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:59 AM

Morning all from a much wetter Paradise. Last night we had rain, lots of rain. It was very welcome as the ground was extra dry. The air cooled off nicely too. Lovely day now dawning. My morning has been messed up because last night received a message that I need to attend a 10 a.m. meeting with a broker to help organize a load of solar panels that the orphanage is trying to import duty free.

A feast? That is exactly what the doctor ordered to help expand my waistline and keep me going for the morning as I drive to the other side of the city for a meeting. Thanks Lary. I do enjoy Cracker Barrel.

Quick Reply: Happy Mothers Day Break Room 5/8-5/14