Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hail Damage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hail Damage!!!

well guys guess like i dont have a 99 ctd anymore got all beat up last night!! hood is gone and the top of the cab is trashed!! guess we got pretty good hail last night! have to wait and c what the insurance guy has to say monday > >. heck and i might as well stop coming to the site to cause my 93 took a big crap and i cant seem to do anything to it to get it running!! just getting real tired of going to work everyday working my behind off to pay for things that never work right or getting smashed up!!!

A VERY ANGRY POWERWAGON440!!!!!!!! > >

Edited by Moderator
Old 05-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Hail Damage!!!

I know it SUX man,.....but things could always be worse.<br>I hope the Insurance Co will step up and help fix your truck.<br><br><br>Photo from www.washingtonpost.com<br><br>&quot;I complained because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.&quot;
Old 05-10-2003, 03:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. Last year all of my vehicles got damaged pretty good by hail. The insurance took care of most of it. We had groups of those &quot;fix it while you wait' guys move into the area. I heard both good and bad stuff about them, but from what I understand, most used heat and then dry ice to pull the hail dents. I had regular body work done on the wifes car, but my truck got new tires all around and the garage got a new door. I'll wait to fix the truck until I get ready to paint it. I know it's tough, but hang in there. Good luck with the insurace folks, and remind them that they serve you, not the other way around. Is it your 93 that was on the site a while back that would not fire?<br>Ed
Old 05-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Banned

Andy hang in there bud!!<br><br>J.R.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:54 PM

ya it does suck!! everytime i try to do something or try to keep it nice something happens and it gets all messed up!!! i had a few dents in the hood before i bought it but it was no big deal to me that way! now it is just trashed there would be no way in fixing it. it would have to be a new hood! and i dont know what u would do about the top of the cab. it just seems everytime i try to make it better it just gets worse i put new shocks on my 99 and now the whole front end is banging and making noise and cant figure it out! well i dont know if it was me sayin it woulndt fire probally was i cant remember! well i bought the truck wrecked and the only reason y i did is because it was the ctd in the dodge truck and it was my first diesel and plus my dad had one when i was 16 and let me drive it around it was the greatest truck it was a blast so i bought this and fixed it up with about 8k in receipts to fix it and it still looks and drives and just is a total POS!!! now it wont run! i left it sit next to the shop for about 4 days and now the battery is dead! so now i have 4 peices of junk sitting in the yard

Edited by moderator
Old 05-10-2003, 04:10 PM

Hello J.R. its funny u wrote on this! i was just about to email u last night to c when we could get the tranny and twins and all the other stuff i wanted to do to my truck done! well i guess that is all BS now!!!!! im sure the way my luck is that the insurance company wont pay for it or that it will be a 5 month &quot;fiasko&quot;. all i wanted was to have a nice truck with some mega hp and tq cause i well had the BOMBING BUG!! and was totally interested in this diesel stuff! now i just dont care anymore!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Banned

The insurance WILL take care of you!! After it is all said and done your truck will be better than ever. Life throws lots of wrenches........you cant always see all of them coming. Adapt and overcome. IT WILL TURN OUT BETTER THAN IT WAS!! PERIOD!!!<br><br>J.R.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Banned

If you can swing it, you my try and get an aftermarket hood for the same price, if not maybe cheaper, than the factory one. My buddy did that with this V6 stang. Rear ended somebody (other guys fault though), got a Cobra front bumper and a Cobra R hood.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:07 PM

ya i have thought about that getting a fiberglass hood with some kind of scoops or something or just regular. think i saw somewhere for 400 bucks. just have to c what the insurance guy says tommorow if he calls me back! :
Old 05-14-2003, 02:35 PM

the adjuster called me yesterday and said he cant come look at my truck till monday morning! that stinks but theres probally hundreds more like me with damage! have to wait till monday! my dad talked to a guy from work and he said he had $4,100 dollars damage to his car. he was about a quatar mile away from me.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:46 PM

I think that a hood could be replaced pretty easily, the cab top is another thing...you could get one from a junk yardor maybe a new one from the factory. It sucks having your truck messed up though... Don't loose hope!!! you can always fix your truck up and if you aren't happy, I bet there is a Dodge owner wannabe would be more than anxious to buy!!!<br>You can get a different one!!! (I wont plug my 97 extenda cab maroon with grey interior 4X4 CTD with 44K miles SLT LOADED that I want to sell ;D) Keep your chin up!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:23 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

What I like about my 90 is it's almost completely new mechanically and I own it not the bank. It's ugly though so even if I cared if someone bumped it in the parking lot, they avoid it anyway. When I hit the woods I don't have to worry about the branches scraping, etc. Put your good engine into the 93! Just teasing, I know how you feel. The more I babied my Z-71, the more magnetic it got. Some kids even spray painted the tail gate one night. I washed my 99 Camry twice since I bought it. I think this is helping keep the Gremlins away (knock on wood).
Old 05-15-2003, 06:47 AM

the adjuster called back last night and said he can be here to look at my truck friday between 12 and 1. so that is better than monday ill have the whole weekend to think!
Old 05-17-2003, 04:47 PM

he came he saw and went! got a check in the mail today for $1250 bucks! then i have to pay 250 for deductable. hopefully monday i can get it over to the place that does the repair work. and get this done!! then its time for some goodies ;D its been awhile!!
Old 05-26-2003, 10:04 AM

took her in friday morning and talked to the guy. he showed me a few others it worked on and it was really nice hope mine turns out the same! he called sat. and told me it would be done tuesday. cant wait!!!!

Quick Reply: Hail Damage!!!