Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Guy here at work saide....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy here at work saide....

this morning, &quot;I hope they get this war over real soon.&quot; I looked at him with and replied:<br><br>&quot;Heck, they've only been there for 12 days. They just got there. They are still unpacking and getting settled in. The Navy has only been test-firing their cruise missiles, the Air Force have been practicing their bomb range skills, and the Marines and Army are still sighting in their M-16s, howitzers and mortars. Give them a chance to get everything ready.&quot;<br><br>He was speechless..........<br><br>DW
Old 04-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Guy here at work saide....

Way to go DW!. <br><br> What part of eradicating the threat of terrorism do these people not understand?<br><br> Iraq is only a stepping stone on the war against terrorism, we have to take it to them before they can bring it to us. Simple scenario and a smart one too. How else can we rid the world of this threat? send them all valentines and hope they play nice?<br><br> You tell it like it is DW!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:58 AM

I've always admired the Israeli attitude towards terrorism. No b.s., in your face confrontational. They don't assume you're a nice guy, you have to prove it. It's about time we started protecting our borders and ourselves. We've got a long ways to go though. <br><br>~Dave
Old 04-01-2003, 12:39 PM

A guy I work with made a real good point yesterday - if we had cleaned out Mogadishu after the Blackhawk Down incident - leveled the place as an example - the WTC would probably still be standing. But by Slick ***** showing no backbone to the world the thugs have been emboldened ever since.<br><br>You have to admire the Israelis - they make every terrorist act perpetrated on their citizens hurt the perpetrators' organization twice as much. The Law of Hammurabi - maybe - but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.<br><br>I got to know a very beautiful young lady a while back who grew up in Beirut - to hear her talk of the mindset of the people in that region was a complete shock to my country-boy way of thinking. Made me realize how easy going and trusting we Americans as a whole have been for entirely too long.<br><br>Now we have been hurt and, once again, our propensity for instant gratification pops up - lets go get 'em, but do it quick so we can quickly get back to our complacent attitudes again. Since the politicians failed, we have to let the military work its magic to achieve the desired outcome. No, it ain't gonna be pretty, it ain't gonna be quick, and you can bet it will get dirty before it is all said and done.<br><br>Maybe if we can keep the politicians from shafting the process this time it should come out all right.