Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ground hog breakroom :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Fresh, hot coffee and ph00 awaits for those needing an early morning kick. No vittles because most of you are too fat anyway.

Yesterday was a glorious day and it looks like spring has sprung. Was outside most of the day doing stuff including installing new front brake pads on my truck and greasing everything. There are 17 grease nipples on the truck. Today looks like it will be even warmer and nicer than yesterday.

Off to start a busy day.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings
mmmm real coffee!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Greetings
mmmm real coffee!
Hang in there, big boy. Might want to tie yourself to a ground anchor by the looks of the weather report - - strong winds over 50mph projected for your area and N. Minnesota.

...........mmmmm ph00 - - real coffee.................

Projecting a high of 81 here today. A tad foggy yet, but quickly going bye bye. Interesting - - our high in 3 days is triggered at 61. DUH. Crazee year.

Gone....................................refill
Old 02-02-2016, 11:31 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Quick cuppa ....

Nor'Easter coming this afternoon. Boarding up the barn windows that blew out in the last one. Wish I woulda done it Sunday when it was calm and balmy. Napped instead.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:48 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evening all...well I think I need to break down and buy new injectors ,well at least before my new ex wife takes my money😀
Old 02-02-2016, 09:13 PM

Got the barn windows covered. Good thing. We only got a few inches of snow, but we are getting a bunch of wind right now. Have to shovel the path to the boiler room every time I go out to mess with the fire.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:07 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
We didn't get the winds or the snow.
Canada border protection services wouldn't let the storm in.

Neener neener neener
Old 02-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
We didn't get the winds or the snow.
Canada border protection services wouldn't let the storm in.

Neener neener neener
We didn't either. yaddy yaddy doo doo!!!!!!!!!!!...............
Noon and no one put the ph00 on. OK, again, it is on along with some stuff I think is old fashioned coffee. Gotta run -- - L8R

Old 02-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Keep your nasty weather up that way I like snow but these 50 and 60 deg days are nice on the heating bill.

Only 3 days of bad weather so far this winter keep it shiny side up
Old 02-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lots of wind last night and torrential rain. No twisty winds though, so all is good. I accidentally left my favorite oil drain pan outside my shop. I found it about 100 yards down the road.

Last November, I had a kid hit me in the front right tire of the SHO. Finally got the go ahead from his insurance to get it looked at. Would you believe almost $900 for one OEM Wheel? I think I'm investing in locking lug nuts! The original has a couple scratches on it. I went ahead and paid the $50 buck core charge to bring it home. I had no reason to think it was cracked. I hung it from a rope and gave it a good rap with a piece of brass. Nice solid ring to it. What do you guys think about it?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:26 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Extra strong coffee and ph00 made today for all those battling the nasty weather. Nobody around so hope that you are not buried under snow, drowning or blown away.

Need to be on the road soon, so am moving fast. Ciao.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:02 AM

Thanks Stan. Needed that.

Yesterday, I shoveled the 2 foot drift from in front of the barn door, retrieved the snow thrower, spent 2 hours clearing the drifts enough to break out and go to the chiropractor. Both DW and I needed that.

Got back. Found a broken weld on the snow thrower. Hand shoveled a path to the shop so I could reach the snow thrower with the wire feed. Stitched it up and then cleared out the shop and 600 feet of driveway.

Then I went down to the neighbors and hand shoveled the plow bank from the end of his driveway. His place is heavily wooded, so it didn't drift and he could get out except for that. He's flat on his back with a badly broken leg. He's getting kinda crabby. Must be getting better.

Not bad for an old phart, eh.

I wish I had a hot tub to soak in, though, if you know what I mean.

Gotta go do some calisthenics and loosen up so I can function today.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks Stan

J Martin, I have some chores around here for you....I may be contemplating spraining something
Old 02-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Thanks Stan

J Martin, I have some chores around here for you....I may be contemplating spraining something
I was feeling put out about all the work yesterday when I realized that I have friends half my age that couldn't do it.

Just got off the phone with Dr. Foley of Minnesota Natural Medicine discussing the Nutri-Eval report from Geneva Labs. Bottom line, with taking care of a mercury problem and some dietary deficiencies, she should live a few more healthy decades.

Big surprise was B vitamins were severely deficient across the board. So much for Swanson's vitamins.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I was feeling put out about all the work yesterday when I realized that I have friends half my age that couldn't do it.
Doing it is what keeps you going like a young rooster

Quick Reply: Ground hog breakroom :)