Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Good Mornin...10/5-10/12..

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Good Mornin...10/5-10/12..

Morning Boys, its a fine day eh? ;D
Old 10-05-2002, 04:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=NWDave link=board=10;threadid=5363;start=105#48936 date=1033829592]<br>Morning from the left coast. More of the same wet stuff around here. Nothing like back east, y'all be careful now. I can't believe some of the idiots on TV, standing in the face of the 100 mph gusts, trying to make like kites. With all that gear flying through the air, man, I'd be digging a hole.<br>Nothing on the fun list today or tomorrow, got alot of honey-doos to clear off the roster. I'd almost be willing to volunteer for the 25 mile hike with TOP to get out of some of these honey-doos (the lesser of two evils). Hey Top, can I bring my M35A2 (65K109) with me to pick up the whimps? (Geeze, it's amazing the things you remember. 65K109 was my duece and a half when I was stationed in Germany, back in '74-'77). Talk about selective memory. Some things are better forgotten. Top, how about we grab our steins and head down to the Beer Hall and see what's happening? I feel a couple of &quot;ya shoulda been theres&quot; and &quot;there I was at 25,000 feet&quot; coming on. <br>You know the difference between a fairy tale and a sea tale? The fairy tale begins with &quot;Once upon a time&quot; and a sea tale begins with &quot;Now this ain't no bull sh*t!!&quot;<br><br>~Dave<br>[/quote]<br><br> Me drink with a wing wipin, propeller headed, fly by night so &amp; so?. Why Certainly! first rounds on me! Just cut me off if I start hollering &quot;Dinks in the wire!&quot; 8) Man I will never forget that first combat Halo jump I made in the rain from 37,000. There I was................
Old 10-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Saturday evenin ya'll. <br>Rotated the tires on the big rig starter kit today and looked at the brakes. Front pads are like new (original), rear shoes are still well over half at 109000 miles. Pretty good huh? Front rotors turn very freely. Jacked and blocked all four corners and run her up to about 75 in gear, no noises or vibrations, center bearing is quiet and smooth. Put 70 on the fronts and 60 in the rears, works real well for me. How bout those rear drums on those 3500's? Real ball bus, er, ah, back breaker to lift off and on, phhheeeeewww!!! <br>No leaks on the Mag Hytec cover at all. Put just a dab of copper Fel-Pro on the wheel studs before installing the wheels again. Gettin those salad bowl sized simulators on is a riot without damaging them or cussing a lot. Front driveshaft don't turn when not engaged, wheel bearings tight, ball joints tight. Pretty good check up from the doc eh??? 8)<br><br>Got the pressure washer out, hosed of the foot ball sized deck out back (will never build on that big again). Hauled off some trash laying around (NO Hoss wasn't here). ;D ;D<br>Walked past the other halfs Mercedes and cussed at it a few times, transmission still don't shift right. (getting ready to part out two 190E's if anyone needs parts)<br>Drove into Surry to get a sub and a cool one (pepsi, not beer). Save the beer for the house and canoe trips. Stopped in at the Wakefield Sub-International airport and watched a few of them air thingys take off and land. Went to Waverly for some milk and a trading post.<br>Came home and got on the computer. That's about it for today. Real exciting huh? Now, going to toss back a few cool ones. If my words start to look fuzzy, I've had a few too many. Wait, maybe you've had a few too many. <br>Later all............
Old 10-06-2002, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Sunday morning ya'll (typing quietly due to slight pain in head from last night). Hey, tell that cat to quit stomping across the dam, er, ah durn carpet !!!!! Them 5.9 Natural Ices add up quicker than you may think. Phew, kidneys are cleaned out now. ;D<br><br>It's a brisk 60 D. E. grees here on the right side of the continent this morning. Just had my morning bowl-o-bran. <br>Let the three rotties out for a stroll, they were eyeing up the neighboors mut and sent him packin. Since the other half is still up north, gotta run the vac and suck up the tumbleweed sized hair ***** careening wrecklessly up and down the main thoroughfare. Love my doggies but hate the mess.<br>Think I'll rip into the fridge and clean it out, see how many science experiments are foraging in there. Had some bodadoes go bad in the bodado bin, triple . Moved it outside and took the pressure washer to it. May become land fill material if I can't get the odiforous-horrendi out of it.<br>Got a mountain of clean socks and un-mentioables lying on top of the dryer to be folded and temporarily stored awaiting recycling.<br>Thats about it for now. Letters don't look quite so fuzzy this morning. Thats a good thing.<br><br>Later all.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Mornin', I'll try to whisper so's Dieseldude's hangover don't hurt so bad. <br><br>Beautiful day in the &quot;Capital of the Free world&quot; :<br><br>Have a great Sunday.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:49 AM

'Mornin! 41[sup]o[/sup] out here in central MA. Beautiful weekend here in New England. My son and his wife came up from NJ for a weekend visit, and we've been enjoying them. But, they are leaving at noon so we'll be alone once again :'( Enjoy the day!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:51 AM

mornin there Diesel dude, at work myself waitin on everyone else to get here and start things rolling. Company had big to-do lastnight so everyones late. Don't go to those company things myself, heck, they pay me to put up with 'em during work why would I do it for FREE? Nice cool morning here in Ohio, love fall weather, specially when it nipply out! : Hope you have a good day I'm a gonna try.

edit:

WOW.. everyone got up at once today... Morning all
Old 10-06-2002, 08:55 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Morning folks! A chilly am in the mountains think I will piddle around the garage today. Have a safe one!
Old 10-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Morning everyone,,,,,,, ;D<br> Didn't have to work for a change,,,,,,,, so I should say Good Morning Ya'll Drinking coffee and trying to muster up enough gumption to get dressed and give RATTLIN &amp; BrownBear (my Harley) a needed bath today. I think we might take a scooter ride over to Dieseldude's place later on today.<br> Enjoy the day everbody!! ;D ;D<br>
Old 10-06-2002, 09:40 AM

Reville, Reville, All hands heave to and thrice up. Smoking Lamp is lit in all authorized spaces. Working party Alpha, report to the quarterdeck for detail. Chapel will be held on the fantail at 0900. All hands are ENCOURAGED to attend. That is all. click.<br><br>Top, forgot to mention that I started out with 4 years in the USNavy. Then I got smart and went into the Air Force.<br><br>Glad to see that it's proper and prideful to wear the uniforms of our nation. There were a few years in the '70s when we didn't while traveling via commercial air. Hope that's all over. <br><br>Greetings from the left coast.<br><br>~Dave
Old 10-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

~Dave<br>
<br>A Squid and then a Fly Boy, oh my God. Top,
<br><br>We prefer to call them Wing-Nuts&quot;

Quick Reply: Good Mornin...10/5-10/12..