Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

ghosts-psychics

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

I am a bit of an Einstein fan and read a good deal about some of his ideas and theories. The idea that time and space can be bent in a manner so that the past and present may occupy very close proximities has been proven via complex mathematics.

Perhaps it is entirely possible that we might, without even being aware of it, share a moment in time with someone that has long since passed. I don't discount any possibilty at all...I am but a simple man and for the most part I don't really have need to understand it all. I know what I saw and that is good enough for me.
quantum physics and string theory on a ctd forum?!?! i never thought i'd see the day!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by biododge1
you first. i don't really belive in the ouija board but i'd rather not try that.

I'd be happy to.
Oh the stories I could tell about playing with the Ouija board. Wound up having to burn it. Sprinkled holy water on it as it was burning and it was like sprinkling gasoline on a fire.

Dave
Old 02-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think we're all missing a very important point from the original post that needs to be made here:

Even in the afterlife, it's important to workout so you can stay in shape.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
I think we're all missing a very important point from the original post that needs to be made here:

That and be sure you buy a home with a ghost that will do laundry
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Yeah, a couple of times....

Way back when, I was only nineteen (EONS ago) and we got dumped out on a mountain ranch in Wyoming - were working for a furniture millionaire out of Chi-cago who fancied himself to be a real estate speculator and land baron
and he'd bought this place in the fall, finally closed on it and moved us on to manage it. Hauled in household stuff in mid-December, and then got snowed in. Winter of 1973 was the worst in modern history..... Huge livestock losses, etc, really a tough time. But, I digress...

Since the main house was old and COLD, we moved into the modern mobile home with gas heat. Of course, when the power went out (and didn't come on again for months) the furnace was next to useless, but between oven, water heater and gas space heater we made out OK. Gravity flow water is wonderful.

We ran out of most groceries after a couple months - had a few hundred pounds of flour, 200 pounds of beans, a 50 pound bucket of lard, and most of a beef in the freezers in basement of the main house. Ate a lot of tortillas and beef and frijoles.

Since there was NO heat in that main house, those freezers were just fine! But I had to trek over there to get out meat, so spent quite a bit of time looking around for other pantry stuff in that basement. It was always creepy - only a couple of tiny windows up high, no power of course, and no flashlight batteries after a bit either.

There was a bunch of shelves in what I thought was a bedroom in one end of the basement, and quite a bit of canned vegetable stuff, can milk, etc in there, so I'd been in there a few times until flashlight died. No windows in that room, dark and dank and the concrete floor was stained. Finally needed to get out some of those canned goods, so lit a candle stub and went in with a gunny sack one day. Creepy as hell, and COLD, and I swear the air was thicker in there.

Was just starting up the stair with my candle and sack when I swear to God, somebody grabbed me by my right shoulder, a man's hand and a hard strong clutching grip. You have NEVER seen a fat girl go up a steep narrow staircase that fast in your life!

We made it through the rest of the winter WITHOUT any more can goods.... I'd only go down to the freezers if my brother or the old man was there. They thought I was nuts.

Of course, we eventually got out, in April.... We met the previous owners when they came up to thank us for feeding their cattle all winter, and I found out then that the stepson had committed suicide in that basement bedroom the year before... blew his brains out and left himself for his poor mother to find, in a puddle of blood on the floor..... I'm certain it was that tormented man who grabbed me.

His son had a baby boy, and that next summer the kid's mother told me she had heard her boy talking away in the middle of the night - went in to see about it, and the toddler was standing up against the end of his bed, talking away to someone she could not see. The boy said he was talking to "Gampa".... who he had never met. Ol' Dover had killed himself before the baby was born.

Met a few other spirits, human and otherwise. It's the "otherwise" ones that freak me out worst.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
That and be sure you buy a home with a ghost that will do laundry

Message too short...
Old 02-22-2008, 12:09 PM

This one goes way back before my time but was told to me by my now passed Grandmother. Her brother, my uncles uncle, was very fond of my uncle Butch. The old man would always wear a felt cowboy hat and never let anyone touch it or handle it. He did however let my uncle wear it whenever he wanted to as a young child. Just a tidbit to show the man really cared for my uncle. Anyhow, the old man passed away and life went on. Well one night my Grandmother way laying in bed and awoke to being shaken lightly, as if to be woke up but not in a negative way. She looked up to find her deceased brother sitting on the edge of the bed. She told me he said "Odessa, you need to get up because Butch is real sick and if you dont he is going to die". I guess being startled and now awake she went to check on my uncle and he had a fever of 106*. They rushed him to the hospital and he was treated and was fine. That story always made me feel a little uneasy. My Grandfather, as it was told to me, was a descendent of Quanah Parker and grew up in Oklahoma. There were some stories I remember hearing as a young boy about some of the happenings in his home when he was a child that always left me questioning the afterlife. None of the stories are clear enough to tell in their entirety but some of them involved glowing orbs floating outside bedroom windows and the such. Kind of gives me goose bumps thinking about it. Top gets the honors in my book. Any entity that is unhappy is nothing I want to have any dealings with.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my ex-girlfriend "visit" me a few times in university in my dorm room late at night. It was always the same, she was wearing the same white clothes, same hair style, standing at the end of my room just looking at me. The only problem was she died 2 summers before in a car crash (ran a stop sign on the highway). Talk about saying your prayers really quick, because this was happening about every 2 weeks only at school. I talked to a friend about this and she to ask her to nicely leave. The "visits" finally ended when I did this. I'm sure glad I know where I'm going when I'm done on this earth!!!! Hope they have diesels up there!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 PM

How is it that no one laughed at my Ghostbusters reference on page 3? That was funny.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 PM

How is it that no one laughed at my Ghostbusters reference on page 3? That was funny.
Was that what that was?
Old 02-22-2008, 01:55 PM

I laughed pretty hard.....then I wondered to myself....where can I get one of those.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by TreeFarm
I could not see any movement at that time. What I saw was the camera going out of focus giving the appearance of movement.
The only movement you see at 6:40 is the camera trying to focus, keep watching after 6:40 you will see the rods on the exercise equipment move quite a few inches.

They also move at the very start of the video, but much more pronounced at the later point in the vid. The equipment is just left of center screen.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by TreeFarm
Was that what that was?
CLEARLY you do not watch enough movies. I found it to be quite hilarious.

Originally Posted by logskidder
I laughed pretty hard.....then I wondered to myself....where can I get one of those.
Good. I'm glad someone got it.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 PM

or, it may be a sign telling me to actually use that equipment
Old 02-22-2008, 10:47 PM

well i have to say i applaud all of you who have added to this with your experiences. most would not mention them do to ridicule/name calling etc.
it's not easy to replay events that cause you to question your own sanity (or vision).

Quick Reply: ghosts-psychics