Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Garage Lighting (aka DTR soap) "As The Sparks Fly"

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:08 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
HEY!! Would you please quit flipping that mystery switch by the garage light switch! My garage door has been going up and down non-stop since you started messing with that.
Sorry Jay!

Originally Posted by wyododge
Yep shorts, you got it, three way is linked to two circuits.

Whole new can of worms now. You get to learn to wire a three way. So you are either gonna be smarter, or ... mmmm ... well lets just say less smarter than the PO.

Your gonna need a track-a-tone.

haha I'm fixin' to trek to Lowes. I wanted to get that foam insulation to do that line in the fender like that $2.77 ac mod thread in the nondrivetrain section. Just got done mowing the dead grass and thriving weeds but I couldn't get the weedeater started. That is unusual. It normally starts on the 4th pull. DH said he couldn't start it last time either. I knew it was running progressively worse though. Had to hold it with a special throttle control to keep it on. I held off not smashing it on the driveway in case it's something simple or I could sell cheap for parts. Friggin' Ryobi!

Originally Posted by gadget.35-06
Is 14, 16 on the main, or sub? I keep thinking the sub is being fed the same leg instead of H-N-H. The numbers just sound like odds would be L1 and evens L2....though panels differ from one brand to another.

Good thing we're not confounding 480Y-277/3 like most of the chillers I deal with! Been bitten by 277 once or twi...twi...twi...uh, a couple of times.

14,16 is on the main. It supplies the sub.

Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B off, Sub 6 off and 14,16 on, there is no power to either circuits, even when I flip the three way switches on.

Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B off, Sub 6 on and 14,16 off, there is no power to either circuits, even when I flip the three way switches on.

Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B off, Sub 6 on and 14,16on, there is power sent to all circuit when I flip the three way switches. This was the original scenario that caught my attention.

Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B on, Sub 6 on and 14,16 off, power is sent to the Sub 6 outlet when the three way switches are flipped.

Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B on, Sub 6 off and 14,16 off, power is sent to the Sub 6 outlet when three way switches are flipped.

Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B on, Sub 6 on and 14,16 on, power is sent to the Sub 6 outlet without any of the switches being on. EEHHHH??
Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Look yall I drew a picture of the two circuits in question. The switches in question is that one of the left side of the 1/2bath and around the corner there.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Friggin' Ryobi!
GEt a Shindaiwa... Always starts (.) <--- that means period

Originally Posted by Shorts
Scenario Confirmed --> When 18B on, Sub 6 on and 14,16 on, power is sent to the Sub 6 outlet without any of the switches being on. EEHHHH??
That is the common wire in the three way sending power through both circuits.

Good thing he didn't use a 4 way switch, You be turning the DTR servers on/off with it!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:43 PM

I was thinking of getting a goat.

I did get the noisy thingy from Lowes today. I pulled a switch plate off and got close - made me jump lol I'll dig into this soon. Tomorrow, this weekend or something. I'll have DH here so if one of us gets zapped the other is around to make sure they can call 911.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:29 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxwellp
I keep coming back!

New Name " As The Sparks Fly"
I like it!!

I know just enough about electricity to be a danger to myself and others.