Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Frozen turkey leftovers and break room 11/25 to 12/1

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 10:40 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Frozen turkey leftovers and break room 11/25 to 12/1

One month ends and a new one begins. And a new year is not that far away.
32° and rain this AM, supposed to get warmer. Didn't get yesterdays task done because the land lord's cheapo washing machine exploded and flooded the kitchen. Wasted the day cleaning up and drying out.
Tomorrow I go to work for meetings, then change the broken mirror on the 01. Might talk to the doctor about changing my work status to limited so I can help with the hangar clean out.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I’m in a blizzard warning by Chicago
Old 11-25-2018, 08:13 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty

I’m in a blizzard warning by Chicago
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Looking at 50's all week. Glad I'm not looking at 32 and rain, like cougar.

Water leaks suck monkey snot.

Post pics of blizzard. Make me smile!
Old 11-26-2018, 06:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Here’s a white out picture...

That’s me on the left
Old 11-26-2018, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Here’s a white out picture...

That’s me on the left
handsome , thou art....

Need to get a bit of sun. You're kind of pale.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
UHHHH, checking out to see if any of those weird people are in here. Is the dragon OK? YEP, here is comes running for me,
but it is scared. Don't blame it after seeing the remnants of stuff left behind. Oh well, let's get the coffee and ph00 on, grab my
cup and head to that eye guy. GGRRR

………………..…………...Don't freeze you guys - - going to hit 80 today, bright sun, flowers blooming. Tough living
here and put up with all this stuff. Grass cut every week, trimming, mulching, fertilizing - - hmmm, maybe I should move
north...……….…………...………….oh yeh, think I will head for the pool. CYA
Old 11-26-2018, 07:14 AM

Speaking of turkey...

we were invited to my wife's High school friends home for Thanksgiving.

It was a nice 12 person gathering, and we enjoyed it very much, even though it was held in one of "God's waiting room" facilities (55 and older).

Ha ha ! a couple more years, and I'll qualify

So, it was my wife's friend's mom, and new husband. Both spouses passed away, and somehow, someway, these two nutjobs found each other. Couldn't be happier. Mrs. G. The lady serving on the right, turned 83 this year. She found her soulmate, the demon in the turkey helmet, about 5 years ago. Married about 6 months after meeting one another, and have been inseparable since.

Mr. B. is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Why he hooked up with Mr.s G, is beyond me, as she was one of the meanest people I'd ever met. He, miraculously, changed that. She's turned a new leaf since meeting Mr. B. and it's amazing. What a lucky couple to have found each other after over 75 years. Very fun day, and one I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Good food, good friends, and lots of laughs.

80* is TOO HOT for me, Bob. I'll pass, thank you. Nice comfortable 50*f today. Working on the dodge, and hopefully get most of what I want done before the rain moves in.

Blueberry scones on the counter for anyone wanting a bite to eat.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:50 AM

Rise and shine, chillin' -- - time to go to work. Put fresh coffee and almond mocha ph00 on for y00 - - - and me. Gotta hit the trail early today so better run.
…….………..………………..
Old 11-28-2018, 04:56 AM

Morning Bob.

Called a buddy of mine in Jupiter last night. He said it was 55* F. What's going on down there ? Are you chilling fresh meat in the backyard? Lordy, lordy. You must be in a sweater by this time today.

Geesh... Scotty must be building a new addition to an igloo from the other day, by now. Wonder how that's coming along.

Customer of mine made me some more Blueberry Scones. I've had enough carbs this week, as I've gained about 4 lbs since the turkey day. Too much beer, I assume. I'll leave the scones here for you guys, as they're so tasty, I'll eat them all in a minute or two, If I don't.

meeting a new customer today. Continuing my quest to prep the brick for the winter season.

Phoo for BOB, Hot tea for Ollie, and Black mud for the rest of ya's...

Later.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:43 AM

Hot doggies - - hot ph00 - - hot OUCH - - CAREFUL, VERY HOT. …………………...

Finally a quiet day for me - - get some little stuff done that is piled in the corners of
every room but the potty room - - uuuhhh, well maybe one of them too. GGGRRRR

L8R
Old 11-28-2018, 07:10 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
That for the hot Tea there T-man!

Nice turkey hat there on Mr.B. in the picture.

It has just been dumping snow here everyday. I have had the old 1st gen out plowing the last two days and today will be no different.
We got a foot of wet heavy snow just yesterday. We lost power a few times for short periods of time.
No worries I just threw the water pump [s] that run the water out of the outdoor wood boiler on a power inverter I run of a spare diesel truck battery. It keeps the house / shop warm but more importantly keeps the 350 gallons of water in my boiler, from....well boiling over.

Off to help a snowmobile club out of NH get their snow cat groomer fixed up today. They ran the old 12V Cummins in it out of antifreeze last year and locked up the block. I am dialing them in, so they can get out there and groom the trails again.

Great start to the ski, snowboard and snow machining season for us up here in northern VT.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:17 AM

Rain, freeze, snow, rain, freeze, snow, etc. Not much sun lately. Short days and thick clouds, depressing.
Back to work this week on limited duty. Cleaning up the hangar getting it ready for the move out. Trashing stuff, packing stuff, selling stuff. Broke down and cleaned out the bead blaster. Drained and cleaned the solvent tank. STINKY!!!!! The CEO dropped by and gave me his 5 minute sympathy speech. He assured me it was nothing I've done and that they were very appreciative of my contributions to the company. He also said he would personally write me a letter of reference. Apparently I did make an impression, and all this time I thought they didn't know I existed Go figure.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by cougar
Rain, freeze, snow, rain, freeze, snow, etc. Not much sun lately. Short days and thick clouds, depressing.
Back to work this week on limited duty. Cleaning up the hangar getting it ready for the move out. Trashing stuff, packing stuff, selling stuff. Broke down and cleaned out the bead blaster. Drained and cleaned the solvent tank. STINKY!!!!! The CEO dropped by and gave me his 5 minute sympathy speech. He assured me it was nothing I've done and that they were very appreciative of my contributions to the company. He also said he would personally write me a letter of reference. Apparently I did make an impression, and all this time I thought they didn't know I existed Go figure.
well, good or you. Just cause they never noticed you until after you were being let go, doesn't mean they don't care, right?

Cloudy, dim, dank cold. No snow, no rain. Just a bit if sleet.

Hope all you pineapples are doing well today. I assume Scotty is buried in his yard under a pile of drozen snow, since the last we saw him we couldn't see,him

Old 11-30-2018, 12:28 PM

Holy crap, what a ride. Major EQ. Ranges 6.6 to 7.2 just across the inlet from Anchorage. Had a lot of stuff move, fall, and break and I'm a lot further away. Still getting after shocks an hour later.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Holy crap, what a ride. Major EQ. Ranges 6.6 to 7.2 just across the inlet from Anchorage. Had a lot of stuff move, fall, and break and I'm a lot further away. Still getting after shocks an hour later.
Thinking of you guys, that's the biggest one to hit in quite a while, right?

Quick Reply: Frozen turkey leftovers and break room 11/25 to 12/1