Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

February 2023 breakroom reboot

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 08:53 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
Happy hump day for those of you that work a "normal" shift. This is the middle of my weekend. Entered a cat nap contest with Mr M,,,,, I lost. Maybe next time. 15° again, mostly cloudy, maybe a few snowflakes today. Temps start dropping tomorrow as it clears off. Looking at zero to +2° Friday (my Monday) morning. Need to get the 1st gen into the jippy lube place. That's a $145 I wish I didn't have to spend.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:59 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
[QUOTE=Mexstan;3383472]
Originally Posted by cougar
That's what I have for breakfast every day. /QUOTE]

Cougar, you eat 4 lbs of smoked bacon every day?

Left a bunch of red and green tamales on the table for you hungry folk. They have a variety of fillings Also a few sweet tamales. If you do not know what a tamale is, read this:
https://www.thespruceeats.com/all-about-tamales-3029232

Mmmmm. Tamale.....

Old 02-08-2023, 02:04 PM

Happy hump day for those of you that work a "normal" shift. This is the middle of my weekend. Entered a cat nap contest with Mr M,,,,, I lost. Maybe next time. 15° again, mostly cloudy, maybe a few snowflakes today. Temps start dropping tomorrow as it clears off. Looking at zero to +2° Friday (my Monday) morning. Need to get the 1st gen into the jippy lube place. That's a $145 I wish I didn't have to spend.
Uh, what do you get for $145.00 ??

Coffee sounds great, I'll take one, even though I've never had a cup of coffee in my life. I'm a "T" toting guy. Get it ? Ollie does.

Picked up some fresh baked cookies and brownies on the way past the governor of NJ's house today. Seems he's been pushing legalized marajahookie here lately, figured I'd give his baking a try. Most likely, there's no Marajahookie in there, but knowing him its filled with some sort of poison. Better not leave them here, as I don't want to lose any of you guys to this lunatic's baking

See ya's..

Old 02-09-2023, 07:44 AM

Thanks for the warning. All I need is a DUI brownie. For $145 I get oil, filter, and a lube job. That's what they charge up here in the cheap chain places. Go to a garage and its closer to $200. Trust me, if I had a place to do it I would. Laying in the snow in 8° weather is way past my adventure level. Need to waste some time after getting lubed until the bank and gun stores open. Maybe back to the tool store. AIH has a belt sander on sale.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the warning. All I need is a DUI brownie. For $145 I get oil, filter, and a lube job. That's what they charge up here in the cheap chain places. Go to a garage and its closer to $200. Trust me, if I had a place to do it I would. Laying in the snow in 8° weather is way past my adventure level. Need to waste some time after getting lubed until the bank and gun stores open. Maybe back to the tool store. AIH has a belt sander on sale.
Wow, that's insane.

I try to do all my personal maintenance on our vehicles during the summer months. Since we have been granted the pleasure of silver blocked out sun skies and constant 40*F weather here by the tankers in the skies, I've been doing more of this work during the "winter" this year. Zero chemical ice nucleated "snow" hasn't been seen here in nearly a year, so It's been relatively easy to do my own work outside on the driveway.

Today, I baked my own blueberry muffins for you guys. This is all natural, and none of that Aluminum Sulfate, where it's in almost all store bought or commerical baked goods sold here in the lower 48. Personally, I'm not a fan of eating aluminum anything, as it's not an essential mineral for proper human bodily function, such as copper or iron would be. Bad enough it's suspended in our air column all the time, so these muffins are homemade and safe to eat.

Cougar, you might be interested in this, as it's not far from you

Have a great day, folks.

T.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:32 AM

The view from my office widow isn't very good lately. Snow, wind, cold temperatures. I hate Amazon. Receive a defective item, tried to return it, return not allowed?!? Called customer service and talked to some guy in India. That item can't be returned because of our policy concerning HAZMAT materials. He said I would receive a refund in 3-5 days. 21 days later, no refund, it hadn't even been processed. It hadn't even been entered into their system. Glad I kept the emails. After being bounced around between agents I finally chatted with someone that was more articulate in the English language. Instead of getting a refund (which I would have preferred), I'm getting a replacement. Let's see if it shows up. Fresh coffee, fruit, and nuts on the table.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:43 AM

Up early, cat had an accident and had to clean up after him. Thought that wasn't supposed to happen with a short haired cat. Anyway, 4° mostly clear. Another snowstorm on it way in tonight until Monday morning. Not a lot, maybe 4" or so. Need to get a guy out and clear it off after. Because in the long-range forecast, they expect a big dump with 10" plus for the storm. Typical south central Alaska weather. How is the food shortage going down south? Eggs are rationed and no chickens in the cooler. Meat is limited and poor quality. Produce is hard to find that isn't already spoiled. Watch your expiration dates. Stores aren't afraid to leave out, or even put out stuff that has expired. Lube shot wanted to charge me separate for a fuel filter. It was as much as the oil change. I declined. I'll do it later.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:51 AM

We all had enough of their Bravo Sierra. We have all turned in our resignations. What they are going to do to meet the regulatory requirements, WE DON"T CARE! So, I will be going back into retirement soon along with 2 others. The remaining 2 are 2 young 2 retire and have to find jobs. I may look for something to keep away from the old lady. We'll see. Got a lot of snow yesterday with a whole lot more coming. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:43 PM

We all had enough of their Bravo Sierra. We have all turned in our resignations. What they are going to do to meet the regulatory requirements, WE DON"T CARE! So, I will be going back into retirement soon along with 2 others. The remaining 2 are 2 young 2 retire and have to find jobs. I may look for something to keep away from the old lady. We'll see. Got a lot of snow yesterday with a whole lot more coming. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.
Wow, Cougar. Can't seem to get a break, huh ? Cat vomit (i have 5 cats that give presents at least once a week), crappy amazon experiences (part of the reason I closed my Amazon account). What next ? They gonna teach you about wanting to be a woman or something next ?

Geesh...

Who needs to meet regulatory requirements? All you need to do is say "I voted for him", and you won't have to follow regulatory anything anymore, like the railroad corporations who made BILLIONS more last year by laying off their workers, instituting PRECISION RAILROAD SCHEDULING.

Just look what they did for the nations pilots and their heart EKG requirements FAA LOSERS

Well, at least you can go out and buy some chickens now, and start selling eggs for less than $10.00 a dozen which we can still currently buy. For how long ? Well that depends on how many more attacks on food production facilities happen, or how many more farmlands are toxified with chemicals purposefully by EPA owned by the Yellow bunch. I assume you saw the investigator who couldn't find a single incident in over 100 years of recorded train accidents where they purposefully blew up a bunch of toxic chemical filled tankers, claiming they would have blown up if they didn't blow them up ? Well, that makes sense. Pretty soon, the heartland and east coast won't have any place to live which won't cancerfy you in a decade or less, if they keep up this pace.

Look at all the mysterious Fires in Florida. Trash reclamation and process plant has been on fire for over a week now, spewing all that crap in the air. The Farm warehouse FIRE that engulfed 5 acres of plastic pots for their plant sales.

More nothing to see here, folks.

Heck, maybe you could sell chickens too, now being retired. I'm sure there are folks up there that would love fresh, non chemically treated chicken for dinner, or maybe even pets, no ? Cats would be your entrails disposal team, as that's where they would get the most Taurine for their dietary needs.

Keep us posted on how you're doing,

The following users liked this post:
nonrev (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 04:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just dropping buy to say Hello. I haven't been on in years. Been playing around with my 370z Nismo. Got it up to 1004whp on a dynojet. Just have trouble keeping the engine together. I still have my 2004.5. She is doing good. 224,000 miles on her.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:37 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
Just dropping buy to say Hello. I haven't been on in years. Been playing around with my 370z Nismo. Got it up to 1004whp on a dynojet. Just have trouble keeping the engine together. I still have my 2004.5. She is doing good. 224,000 miles on her.
Take any videos of the dyno pulls?
Old 02-21-2023, 09:02 AM

6° and clear. Starting Wednesday night, the 1st of 2 big snowstorms comes in and sits on us until Friday morning. They are predicting 10", but we always get a lot more. Then a 2-day lull and the next one hits. Going to have to call my friend with the loader. My supervisor withheld my resignation and exit interview paperwork until yesterday morning. He wanted to verify my comments and references before turning it in. Then the fertilizer hit the ventilator as they say. Our department had an "off the books" conference call with the next guy up. No threats, no bullying, basically an admission everything was AFU. We can't and don't blame him because he is in the same sinking ship we are. He agreed the situation can't be fixed when the problem comes from the Ivory Tower as we call it. He also said he expects a mass exodus across the entire aircraft maintenance board, not just our department.
Old 02-22-2023, 08:12 AM

They have backed off the only 6 and a half inches for Thursday. But the temperatures will be right at the freezing level meaning we can get the full Monty. Snow, freezing rain, and sleet are in the winter weather advisory. Got a bunch of bills paid and reactivated my part "D" Medicare supplement. Set up an appointment with the tax people. Amazon sent me a replacement heater. It survived the journey. I'm picking up the damaged one I sent in for repair today. Also need to find a replacement outdoor timer for my block heaters. I guess I got my monies worth after 15 years use.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:46 PM

it's Friday night, and it doesn't matter what day it is. Can you tell I'm in my mid 50's and married to the same boss for the last 35 years ?

Today, I tried to get out and work on the brick, but it never really worked out. Too many distractions.

Snow ? HAHA. None here, fellas. They don't want snow here anymore, and doing a good job keeping it away.

Part "D" medicare plan ? Sounds like one of the thousand commercials on the INSP Country network station I watch. Pretty much the only station I watch with basic cable being what it is. Love the old westerns like Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, Rawhide and the like. Every stinking commercial, if it's not a drug commercial, bent peni$ commercial, a bunch of old crackheads demanding their "gonna get their new plans and pay nothing", all day long. Ugh. Remember when commercials had toys, cars, and cigarettes in them ? Now it's just the bent peni$ commercials or the "medicare registration" program commercials. My mute button gets a workout every time a commercial comes on..

So, heading out to buy a bunch of pizzas for the break room. Bought Ollie some IPA's and me some Miller High Life for the pizza. I'll be crapping my brains out tomorrow, as my body doesn't like processed cheese much anymore.

God, it's fun getting old.............NOT !

Plain pizza okay, or do you guys want pepperoni, mushrooms, the works ?

LMK

Old 02-25-2023, 06:15 AM

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Pizza and IPA! Thanks T-man.

Nice cold -15 F morning up here in VT,
Looks like a good day to work inside and stoke up the stove often.

Quick Reply: February 2023 breakroom reboot