Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR reality breakroom, Feb 19-Mar 4, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 04:31 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The DTR reality breakroom, Feb 19-Mar 4, 2017

As this is a reality break room, you can have whatever your little heart desires. Want a special coffee? Here it is. Want some phunny ph00, you can have that too. How about some apple crumble with pumpkin liquorice ice cream? Coming right up. English style fish and chips (lots of vinegar on the chips) wrapped in newspaper? Sure. Want a new Chev truck with a Cummins? Don't push your luck buddy!

Where is everybody? Lots of lookies but nobody stopped long enough to say hi or make the coffee.

Just returned from another wonderful Mexican lunch under the palm trees. Another oink day. John, your daughter nailed you beautifully. I am at about that stage right now. Gotta cut back on all this delicious food. Maņana – maybe.

Ciao.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,577 Posts
"Chev truck with a Cummins? Don't push your luck buddy!"
That made me laugh out loud...Thanks Stan!

English style fish and chips wrapped in newspaper..now that I can handle. UMM!
Old 02-19-2017, 10:25 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
As this is a reality break room, you can have whatever your little heart desires. Want a special coffee? Here it is. Want some phunny ph00, you can have that too. How about some apple crumble with pumpkin liquorice ice cream? Coming right up. English style fish and chips (lots of vinegar on the chips) wrapped in newspaper? Sure. Want a new Chev truck with a Cummins? Don't push your luck buddy!

Where is everybody? Lots of lookies but nobody stopped long enough to say hi or make the coffee.

Just returned from another wonderful Mexican lunch under the palm trees. Another oink day. John, your daughter nailed you beautifully. I am at about that stage right now. Gotta cut back on all this delicious food. Maņana – maybe.

Ciao.
Stan,In 1970 we drove from San Diego to San Blas in my 1962 Ford Falcon wagon w/retreads. Surf was lousy and we had to pay the young Feds a whopping $2.00 back then to not unload the wagon at the migration stops. I had a blowout and a young man in Mazatlan offered to take the retread to a tire shop for another. I gave him $24 and the guy returned with a brand new mounted Goodyear tire! Nice guy indeed!
What city do you live in if you don't mind?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:00 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Sheesh, this place is still deader than the proverbial doornail. What do we need to do to spice it up and breath some life in it? Years ago it was a lot livelier and with fewer members too, or is that my imagination?

Up extra early this morning as I have a lot of 'puter work that needs to be completed early this morning. Need some of that virtual coffee to fire me up.

Danderson, I live in Querétaro. For you gringos that cannot pronounce that, try Kee-ret-a-row.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My own reality isn't what I thought it was but this room says its perfect.
my Elder Twinner says as long as yer LEGGS are (censored), it's all good.

alltird phoo goo Fore! Olive Ewe
Old 02-20-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Bad storms have made for dangerous driving conditions up here. Even I'm sliding around and that's unusual. Lots of wrecks on the highway, even totaled a fire engine yesterday when it got hit by a Suburban. Lots of car parts in the ditches. Fortunately, no fatalities yet. Unfortunately, I have to hit the highway again today to continue work on my 92.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning from WV hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Old 02-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Sheesh, this place is still deader than the proverbial doornail. What do we need to do to spice it up and breath some life in it? Years ago it was a lot livelier and with fewer members too, or is that my imagination?

Up extra early this morning as I have a lot of 'puter work that needs to be completed early this morning. Need some of that virtual coffee to fire me up.

Danderson, I live in Querétaro. For you gringos that cannot pronounce that, try Kee-ret-a-row.
Yeah thanks. I logged into Wikepedia for some info. Lots of history and seems geographically diverse.
I rent a small lot south of Punta Colonet,Baja on the beach. I started going in 1967 and have seen a lot of changes.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:51 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still running around in my frontier...
Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Still running around in my frontier...
HMMMM, guess that is better than running around in your buff showing off your LEGGS as some others on this forum seem to be obsessed with doing. ...............................

No one around, but I put some fresh coffee and ph00 for y00. Left some good blueberry muffies on the counter - - get'um before the dragon.

Gone............................................

Bob
Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 PM

Lary, is that sign for real or photoshopped?

This place is so dead, let me try something to see if it breathes a smidgen of life into it. Here is a short video that someone sent me. Maybe one or two of you can relate to it - IF you remember. For you youngsters that can't relate to this video, just you wait, just you wait! Your turn is coming!!!!

Old 02-21-2017, 10:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Stan I found that sign online it is photo shopped but for some of the smaller counties in this State not too far from the truth. People in the Appalachians are raised on hard work and hunting, probably more guns around here per capita than most places in America in the hands of people who KNOW how to use them.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:35 AM

Good morning. Coffee and ph00 are on, but will probably be wasted because nobody is here to drink any. Bob's muffies are gone, but have suspicions that the dragon ate them. Lot's of crumbs in it's corner.

Got to get rolling by daybreak today. Received a call at 19:15 from the orphanage that the automatic gate ran past the stops and that the motor is super hot. Now it does not work. Need to get this working before the school starts today.

Gone ..............
Old 02-22-2017, 05:59 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Stan is the gate keeper. I admire your efforts for those kids Stan.

I'm doing similar with youth here and experiencing the massive government cuts and the increase in kids needing a home and addictions help.

my task is to raise 1/4 mil and beyond. Each year plus plus plus.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:03 AM

Thanks Scotty. Good for you for helping out too. I feel that I have blessed in my life and therefore where and when I can, I give back. Helping out at the orphanage is just my small way of giving back.

Quick Reply: The DTR reality breakroom, Feb 19-Mar 4, 2017