Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   DTR Prayer Requests (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/dtr-prayer-requests-225578/)

Totallyrad 12-06-2008 10:09 AM

DTR Prayer Requests

The Holidays are always hard on lots of folks and this year is no exception. With the financial crisis facing our country and the world as a whole, we're all going to need to reach out a little further than we may be used to. Through Christmas I'm going to commit to check this thread and will pray for any who would care to share. I don't know why, but this just hit my heart a moment ago and I'm not ignoring it so feel free to post your requests and I'll do my part. If anyone else would like to join me, consider yourself invited. :cool:

On edit; There have been so many requests in this thread that I'm staying with it. If you have a need, post it up, we have a group of folks who've been faithful about praying for you.:cool:

ramlovingvet 12-06-2008 10:30 AM

Great Idea Rick I am here.

Can You Pin it?

Totallyrad 12-06-2008 10:34 AM

Done..........

Thanks for the help.:cool:

Justwannabeme 12-06-2008 11:38 AM

yes. thought of so many people caught in the middle. All my strength..Lutheran prayers out+

aggiedieselgirl 12-06-2008 01:33 PM

i pray for everyone out there that is going through this hard time. my heart and hands go out to each and everyone of you. if you want to throw some prayers my way it would be wonderful. my husband left and i am going through a pretty nasty divorce, its very hard around the holiday season. i know i have to pick up and move on, but its still hard. thanks for your thoughts and prayers. again if there is ANYTHING i can do to help somene in need im here!!

CIN'S DODGE 12-06-2008 01:51 PM

Rick,Thank you!!

My Heart and Prayers go out to the people not only that need help but also need someone to be here for them. I have to say it is a very hard season for most of us. Keep your chins up,that someone upstairs is looking after all of us,being with family,or giving a helping hand know that someone will appreciate you. To all of our Military men and women who are away from home and at home we also Pray for you!

Cin

winkle 12-10-2008 01:11 PM

I have a friend Dan who could sure use your prayers:

A while back he had lost his job, then about 6 weeks ago he found out that his wife has cancer and on top of all that his house had went into forecloser and is in threat of being auctioned off. So if you could lift him and his family up in your prayers it would be appreciated.

Thank,

Chuck

ramlovingvet 12-10-2008 06:00 PM

Dan is in Prayer as is his wife.

There is a family here that had their appt burn. they lost everything and are pretty low income They need prayer for provision.

God Bless.

Totallyrad 12-10-2008 06:19 PM

Got you covered from here Scott.:cool:

rbrettctd 12-10-2008 07:34 PM

A family from my church. Two boys were on their way back to their moms after spending thanksgiving weekend hunting with the dad. Halfway there, they hydroplaned, hit a guardrail and the truck caught fire. Passers-by were able to get the 17yr old out. They could not get to the 13 year old, and sadly he was burned beyond recognition and did not make it. The 17yr old is in Critical condition with 61% burns, and will be in the hospital for 6 months. Please send out prayers for the Seedig family for such an awful tragedy so close to the holidays.

ramlovingvet 12-10-2008 07:54 PM

Prayers on the way and adding it to church prayer chain.

Bark 12-11-2008 02:28 AM

I have been so lucky. Thanks for the reminder. I will make a better effort to start thinking and praying for others.

ramlovingvet 12-11-2008 09:31 AM

Glad you have been Blessed.
Prayer is a Powerful Tool for us sorry humans.

04ctd 12-12-2008 09:58 AM

prayed for all the above.
it's gonna be a TIGHT Christmas for everyone i have talked to.
my wife and i are not doing presents for each other, and not for family much,
just if you see something they would enjoy/need/use, not just "stuff to open"

Aggiegirl, PM JWBM if you need to talk, she's a good listener.

we have a local mission/food bank help center that started up.
they are in prayer, and trying, but they just have NOT found the funds to make it go.

PM me an i can send you a link if know a philanthropist, but all the local food banks need our prayer, for wisdom (what/who/how much to do for) for faith (to hold on, and tell customers to hold on) and for resources to meet the needs and to glorify God in their ministry.

Totallyrad 12-12-2008 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bark (Post 2310321)
I have been so lucky. Thanks for the reminder. I will make a better effort to start thinking and praying for others.

Thanks Bark.;)

Originally Posted by 04ctd (Post 2311872)
prayed for all the above.

Thanks to you also John.;)

Trooperthorn 12-20-2008 10:08 PM

Hadn't paid much attention outside of the breakroom and the 1st gen forums. I noticed this and was blessed just to find people who care and have faith. Like Bark said, I am blessed, too. I have so much. Things are by no way easy, but the Lord always see to my amd my family's needs. I too will come back here frequently to see what people's needs are and pray for them.

At the same time, I have specific requests that God knows about. Thank you for praying for me.

ramlovingvet 12-20-2008 10:40 PM

He Knows Our Needs .
Good to see you here Trooper.
Prayers on the way.

ramlovingvet 12-23-2008 08:50 AM

Time for a praise. A lot of my customers know how tight it is and they have really made sure my son has a great Christmas.

God is so Good.

whitebuffalo 12-23-2008 09:42 AM

i am very blessed in my life, but i have one major ongoing battle.....there is a very slight chance for resolution in the next month or so. any prayers on my family's behalf would be appreciated.

Trooperthorn 12-23-2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 2325016)
i am very blessed in my life, but i have one major ongoing battle.....there is a very slight chance for resolution in the next month or so. any prayers on my family's behalf would be appreciated.

Prayers on the way for you and your family, brother.

Totallyrad 12-23-2008 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet (Post 2324966)
Time for a praise. A lot of my customers know how tight it is and they have really made sure my son has a great Christmas.

God is so Good.

That's good to hear Scott. Merry Christmas to you.:cool:

04ctd 12-24-2008 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 2325016)

praying for you here. I hope God shows you His power and glory and you and your family get a wonderful testimony out of it.

have you guys been reading "our daily bread" this month?
powerful, powerful stuff.
few days ahead is a few about "feelings..."
and being unfulfillend and losing enthusiasm.
that's me. feel like i fell off the track lately, really been "unfulfilled"
and no present will fix that.

God pulled out a miracle for us last week, and no one even noticed. till we talked later.
we were out on the bikes (my wife RARELY rides hers in traffic)
and i made a series of mis calcuations that put us in the worst intersection in our area, at the worst time. it is 4 lanes, 2 either way hammer down, and the center turn lane is like a crash'em up derby

i was praying hard, and we put her up to the front so she could pull out when she was comfy, and POOF both lanes in our direction were clear, and she made a perfect turn and ROARED out of there.

when i told her i had been praying for her safety, she said she was too, then realized it was a miracle. awesome! i gave that story/testimony to a guy at church, his wife is afraid to ride with him, and it knocked his socks off to think that God cares about you enjoying creation on a bike and being safe.

FiverBob 12-24-2008 09:24 AM

Good thread, Rick - - thanks. We can get so caught up in our own life we forget about others. Our Manna Ministries food program at our church has been deluged lately with people in distress, many of them members of our own church. You sit by them and they smile but are hurting inside. Shame on us for not being more sensitive to the needs of others. When we have little stress in our own lives it is easy to become blind.

I have one need I pray about every day. One of my best friends was diagnosed with spreading ocular melanoma. It was discovered at stage four in his lungs and liver and he was given 2 months to live. That was eight months ago. He just lives daily believing God will keep him here until the time is right, then he will go home. He will be going thru the scans first of January - - if all is still stable, he is coming down to spend some time with us. I would appreciate your prayer for him - - name is John - - retired minister - - super guy.

And for the rest of us, smile and remember God loves you.

Bob

ramlovingvet 12-24-2008 10:23 AM

Prayers for John and his Family. and Marry Christmas Bob

Totallyrad 12-24-2008 02:36 PM

Scott, funny how sometimes little things are really big when you look back on them. 5er, thanks.:cool:

ramlovingvet 12-24-2008 07:20 PM

A special Prayer to all our Troops away from home for Christmas.
May the Lord Protect and watch over them.

Merry Christmas.

Totallyrad 12-24-2008 09:34 PM

I'll second that!^^^

SIXSLUG 12-25-2008 03:21 PM

Prayers to all those in need this holiday season. We went really small on the gift giving this year and I think its worked out for the best. When things get tight the love gets a lot bigger round here. Prayers again to those in need through these tougher times.

Kurt

Kenny D 12-26-2008 08:38 AM

Ill pray for evryones peace and fiath to increase for this new year of 09

somthing cool i found i thought it was encouraging

When your hut's on fire

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions. One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky. He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost. He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. He cried out, 'God! How could you do this to me?' Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching the island! It had come to rescue him! 'How did you know I was here?' asked the weary man of his rescuers. 'We saw your smoke signal,' they replied.

The Moral of This Story:

It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering. Remember that the next time your little hut seems to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke signal that summons the Grace of God.

P.S. You may want to consider passing this on, because you never know who feels as if their hut is on fire today.

God bless us all as he always does[roll]

tchdodg 12-26-2008 09:08 AM

I don't post up on here often, mainly for info. But, it is great to know there is a thread like this on here. Times are tough all the way around, we've been really blessed. Good boss who knows how to manage money and people and puts Christ first. Things are slow, but better than most, can't complain. I would like you all to pray for a friend though. He's a volunteer fire chief in my county, like me. Christmas eve they received a call of a Signal 82/30. Someone had lost control at an intersection, hit a tree, truck burned beyond recognition with driver inside. The Chief was first on scene to find out it was his 18 y.o. son. Can't imagine what that's like and don't want to experience it, but definitely pray for that family. If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it, but that would really test me. Merry Christmas to all.

Kenny D 12-26-2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by tchdodg (Post 2327685)
I don't post up on here often, mainly for info. But, it is great to know there is a thread like this on here. Times are tough all the way around, we've been really blessed. Good boss who knows how to manage money and people and puts Christ first. Things are slow, but better than most, can't complain. I would like you all to pray for a friend though. He's a volunteer fire chief in my county, like me. Christmas eve they received a call of a Signal 82/30. Someone had lost control at an intersection, hit a tree, truck burned beyond recognition with driver inside. The Chief was first on scene to find out it was his 18 y.o. son. Can't imagine what that's like and don't want to experience it, but definitely pray for that family. If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it, but that would really test me. Merry Christmas to all.

My best friend we grew up togheter died in 03 on his ricer bike his father had just died not long before and he was an only child so she lost her whole family and i sat next to his mohter with tears in her eys on sun week after week and that woman never lost faith atleast not enouf to give up on it (what a testimony)

point is that statement is true if God brings you to it he'll bring you thoght it

Fronty Owner 12-30-2008 05:47 PM

Just heard from my daughter, a kid she kinda knows tried to beat a semi across the bi-pass.
Lets pray for the families and the truck driver, he done all he could and the news is probably gonna be devastating when he gets the whole story.
Two passengers died at the scene, the driver was flown to Tulsa.

ramlovingvet 12-30-2008 07:48 PM

Man I cant imagine how the driver feels Mega Prayers to him and his family.

Fronty Owner 01-02-2009 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet (Post 2332191)
Man I cant imagine how the driver feels Mega Prayers to him and his family.

just a followup, the two girls that died are listed here
http://www.gracemanorfh.com/Obits/

Free89W350 01-03-2009 06:17 AM

I am going to request a prayer if you all don't mind. 2 good friends of mine that were high school sweet hearts had 2 beautiful boys. Their oldest boy Joey passed away in his sleep on Jan. 2nd at the age of 4 which is also his younger brothers birthday (just turned 1). I have 2 children of my own and can not even imagine what it would be like and really don't want to. I feel very sad and at the same time awkward, I don't know what to say to my friends who I have known since grade school. I just pray that they pull through this and I look forward to happier love filled days for them.

ramlovingvet 01-03-2009 11:18 AM

Prayers Sent. No words to express the feelings.:(

ramlovingvet 01-03-2009 06:37 PM

A few months back we started attending a new and small church.
Today the Deacons fired the Pastor for very ungrounded reasons.
Please Pray for this Church and Pastor Carl.

Totallyrad 01-04-2009 09:39 PM

Folks, how about adding Chris and his family to your list

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=228535
Let's keep Chris and his family in your prayers. They're having a tough go of it right now and could use a little Spiritual support. Thanks!

iker42 01-13-2009 04:45 PM

Prayers send out to all of you and especially to you Chris, thats gotta be so hard.

Id like to put in a request, not for myself, but for my ex-girlfriend and her family.
They are all going through a very tough time. Pop, their father and grandfather on the mothers side has been fighting respiratory and other illness.
He has been in and out of the hospital on several accounts and has to use O2 everywhere he goes.
I met him a few times and he is a great man.
Please help me pray for his return to health or a safe and speedy trip to the Lord, should that be his calling.

Mike

cbrahs 01-13-2009 04:53 PM

Prayers are on the way the way Mike! that is pretty honorable to keep the ex and her family still in your heart.