Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Music Video- Nearly Done

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DTR Music Video- Nearly Done

Well, I started cranking on a new DTR music video, since it's been awhile and I have nothing else to do. But now that I'm half done I have a few questions...

I just browsed through the "Member Gallery" on here and got a hundred or so pictures, which are good, but I need some good video as well for the few "pace pounder" sections of the tune... I kind of decided to keep it DTR members only, so that leaves me somewhat devoid of too many videos, altough I don't know of too many places to find Diesel video's in general anyways... If anybody has any videos, or any pictures that they'd like in the video, I would be very pleased to know how to get a hold of them. I don't know who has Photo-Bucket sites around here or anything of that nature...

Another question that came up: I have realized that there is potential to make the video into a very good memorial video for somebody. Nowell Thomas came to mind, but he was the only person who came to mind... I do not believe that it would be the slightest bit objectionable to anybody to use his image a couple of times in the video, just for a few second clips at a time, but I figured I would check first. Anybody think that would bother anyone, or does anybody have any other ideas for people who deserve to have a video dedicated to them? (I'm not that in-touch with the Diesel world to know if we've lost anybody else recently.) And if nobody would mind that, does anybody now where I could find a high resolution picture or two of him and his truck? Thank you for any help there.

And of last consideration is how I am going to host this thing once I'm finished. But I figured that somebody here could tell me how that'd work...

Thank's for any help.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some video from Columbus OH dyno day. If you want it, I can dump it to DVCAM or MiniDVC tape and send it to you.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 PM

can we get a sneek preview of what you have done so far???
Old 02-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by durasmack
I have some video from Columbus OH dyno day. If you want it, I can dump it to DVCAM or MiniDVC tape and send it to you.

I would love the video, but it's way too much trouble to go through snail mail like that. I know that there are sites out there that host video that you could upload and download from; that's what I'm looking for mainly.

Originally Posted by Impatient
can we get a sneek preview of what you have done so far???
At the moment I have sections of a six minute long song filled in with a bunch of pictures from the Member's Gallery; in other words, I have 3 minutes of musical slideshow in 6 minutes of music. So NO, you can't have a sneak peek.

If anybody wants to eMail me pictures, I have an address at Begle1@Gmail.com set up... The pictures can't be too large, but they could be larger than the pictures in the gallery without having to worry about moderator approval first.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:55 PM

I don't have any truck video, but I do have some video of me driving an ARCA car around KS Speedway at ~150 mph...
Old 02-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Banned

Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
How big daya want em?

Sent a few your way.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Rob Thomas is another one you could add as a memorial too, I am sure you can get some pictures form the guys over on NWBombers
Old 02-20-2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Rob Thomas is another one you could add as a memorial too, I am sure you can get some pictures form the guys over on NWBombers

Hmm correct me if im wrong

isnt it Rob Hanson? Rob Thomas is the dude that sings with Santana... Gots that cool song Unwell...

Tx
Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Banned

sent you a few emails, hope they werent too big. thanks for the effort, I have to learn how to make my own also.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

*Cough*

Need more pictures and videos...

*Cough Cough*

Anybody know what the attachment size is on gMail? Or any sites that you can post video to...
Old 02-24-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by jfpointer
I don't have any truck video, but I do have some video of me driving an ARCA car around KS Speedway at ~150 mph...
Did I mention this is in-car video?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:19 PM

I'm sure that the Rockjeep 73 brothers could help you out!

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/pla...6-DCF2FDB5D2BE

Pm them and tell them I sent ya

Rick
Old 02-25-2006, 04:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Begle1
*Cough*

Need more pictures and videos...

*Cough Cough*

Anybody know what the attachment size is on gMail? Or any sites that you can post video to...

Can you use some from our gallery here? I can email you the pics, but wouldn't it be easy to pull them from my gallery?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Can you use some from our gallery here? I can email you the pics, but wouldn't it be easy to pull them from my gallery?
They'll look better if you e-mail higher resolution versions of them. The gallery enforces fairly low-res pictures for storage and bandwidth considerations.

Quick Reply: DTR Music Video- Nearly Done