Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR ghost breakroom Mar 5 -11, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Blizzard here.
probably tomorrow too.
Can't get home.
glad i have the girls with me.
Yuk buddy - - - hate to tell you this, but supper on the lanai was wonderful this evening. Great steak on the grille, smashed taters with gravy, ph00, apple pie with ice cream. 81 degrees. Two blooming orchid plants in the middle of the table. Birds singing and the sound of the splashing water from the fountain. Beautiful blonde across the table from me. Wonderful. Wish you guys could have been here and shared the supper with us. Saw the TV weather and noticed the garbage up your way. No thanks. Drive safe and squeeze the girls for us.

OK, off to hit the workout room. GROAN. ............................Hey, it is working. Just did my blood work last week - - lipids are beautiful and I have been off the statins for two months because they tear my legs up horrible. So, for the first time in 17 years, I am off the statins. Just have to watch the diet and keep up the exercise. Gladly, doc. Hate those statins. I am so grateful for this event - - it has been nasty and painful so many times trying to find the right one. There isn't one for me. Alters your life. So, I am smiling and looking up and saying Thank You.

OK Bob, go grab those weights.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:30 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Did you have to mention LEGGS Bob?
Scotty will be here shortly to show his off.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hot Coffee and Fresh Phoo for all of you, Donuts on the counter enjoy!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad to see the gang is still here. I have visions of squashed chickens and LEGGS in my brain. I have been dealing with a Family situation concerning my Grandson. Not much time to visit. Still no answers, but Faith will pull me through. I'd appreciate a quick prayer to the man upstairs in Pat's regard.

Had a Military guy pop into the control room with his pass card. I was training a new guy and concentrating on his efforts. Military guy had a can of training OC spray and fired it directly at me. I broke the chair getting out of the way and un-assing the AO. Now, I got to figure a payback. I'm thinking about a open can of tuna hid behind his desk!!!!! Maybe a Taser fitted with just the wires running from my office to his with the bare wires in his chair cushion. Hmmmmm.... The thoughts.......
Old 03-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hot Coffee and Fresh Phoo for all of you, Donuts on the counter enjoy!
Bad bad boy - - shame on you, Lary. Thanks for the ph00 but DONUTS????
Wish I could, but refuse. Doc just OK'd me to be off my statins and give it a try. Been off to two months and still within his parameters, in fact busting them, but that is all diet and exercise. So glad - - 17 years of those nasty things. So, I will be stubborn and stay clean. Have 24 hour monitor on today - - hopefully that will be clean or show specifically any problems so we can clean them up.

OK, filling the ph00 cup and gone. .......................
Old 03-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
LEGGS

winds are touching 60 mph now
nasty
made it home safe and sound
Old 03-07-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Looks good in here Stanadian.
fresh cured slab o bacon 🥓 on the counter and the slicer is adjustable.
chickens are in the pen ready for fresh squeezed eggs.

big major storm forming around here.
nothing new about that lol

hanyday olive ewe
Be careful with this fella^^. He will have you eating within an hour of meeting.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:23 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Good morning all.

BOO!

Coffee in on. I'll leave the snacks to the next guy.

L8R
Old 03-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by HOHN
Be careful with this fella^^. He will have you eating within an hour of meeting.
why wait an hour?

ok the snacks for today are as follows:
eggs benedict
huevos rancheros
steamed clams
beluga roe
filet mignon
fresh grilled squash x5
pureed fruit with real cream
seven fresh squeezed juices of different fruits

hope that quells the griping

roads are still closed, even the international border crossing is shut down. Parked for today at home.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:47 AM

Morning all. Scotty - - sounds horrible. I will not make you jealous by letting you know our high today will be 79, low humidity and sun. Orchids love it. Glad you are home for this "lovely" day to spend hunkered down.

Saw doc this morn, quick check of the monitor, but digging into one dizzy spell I had with it on. Thinks it could be that valve that acts up sometimes. Otherwise blood pressure perfect, heart beat perfect, he was happy. Soooo, so am I. ................

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here. ...................................
Old 03-09-2017, 05:05 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise where yet another boringly beautiful day is expected. Not sure what the high yesterday was, but somewhere in the 28 - 30C degree range. This being a typical March, the afternoons are sometimes a bit breezy, but that is OK. Will take that over the horrible white stuff that some of you are enduring. The jacaranda trees are out in full bloom and driving down a jacaranda lined street is very pretty. These are messy trees and they shed their flowers a lot which means that under each tree there is a thick carpet of purple flowers. Get on a high spot and look over the city and the main color at this time of year is purple. Red will soon be added to that when the large flame trees start to bloom.

Coffee and ph00 is ready. Leftovers from Scotty's little snack yesterday are in the fridge. Could not find any donuts, just sugar crumbs on the counter.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks Stan....I added a bunch of Krispy Kremes to the mix the jelly filled are terrific!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:18 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Lary, that is NOT playing fair!!! You play dirty!!! You know that poor Bob is trying to avoid temptations like this. So are the rest of us that are trying to maintain our girlish figures. Decided to help, so fed all the KK's to the dragon. It must have got on a sugar high because it's tail was wagging so hard that it broke some of the furniture. Will blame this on you, so you can pay for new stuff.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Thanks Stan - - that Lary guy just doesn't get it. Some of us need some help - - sometimes the temptation is more than I can handle. Ya did good. (now, let's see what is left in the donuts!!!.....................)

Gorgeous day down this way too. Heading out to new restaurant that is supposed to be good with a beautiful blonde, then over to Costco and see if we can buy them bare. We will see. Uuuhhh, on second thought, how much will fit in the back of her new car???? Oh well.

Have a gudurn......................................Ph00 - - - -
Old 03-09-2017, 11:24 AM

Working right next to the computer for a change, so can hear when something new arrives.

Bob, your sentence construction made me smile. The restaurant is supposed to be good with a beautiful blonde? Ummmm! OK. Or are you going with a beautiful blond to a supposedly good restaurant?
Sorry, could not help it.

Quick Reply: The DTR ghost breakroom Mar 5 -11, 2017