Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR breakroom March 4 - 10

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:31 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The DTR breakroom March 4 - 10

Good morning y'all. The last few weeks has not had a breakroom started on time, so let me see what I can do. It was very hard to get the coffee pot sorta cleaned due to all the old dried up crusty coffee stuck to the sides, but did what I could. Coffee today is from Mexico. That country has some very nice tasting coffee, but not many north of the border know about it. Fresh ph00 t00. The mango season has started, so there is also a big bowl of assorted cut up fruit with lots of delicious and healthy mango. Fresh coconut water in the fridge. This is unadulterated stuff, right out of the coconut. I drink a glass every morning. Freshly made tacos on the counter next to an assortment of delicious fillings. The potato and meat filling is quite spicy, but delicious. All healthy stuff today.

Fed and watered the dragon, cleaned up it's mess and it is happy, but is very interested in the food on the counter, even although it has been fed. Better get your share before it scoffs the lot.

Sorry for all of you experiencing bad weather, but down here yesterday I honestly do not know how the weather could be improved on. It was a joy to be outside. The direct sun was hot, but everywhere in the shade it felt wonderful.

Hope the everybody has a great day. Go to church and count your many blessings.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for breakfast Stan
Old 03-04-2018, 10:44 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Morning folks, survived another blizzard. Well, 3"-4" on top of the several feet we already have.
Thanks for breakfast Stan.
Anyone hear from the seal? Hope he didn't get poached.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Another day, another dollar deeper in debt....

Have a safe week folks!
Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all high 50s around here but rain and snow rest of the week yall have a good one
Old 03-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Hey Clint when it warms up again lets hit the Gun Club and kill some paper
Old 03-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang - - gorgeous day today - - cooled down a bit from a record setting week of quite warm weather, like in the low 80's which is high for this time of year. Today's high was 75.

Had the funeral for sis-in-law today. Had a viewing at 9am at the funeral home where all could gather and reminisce about their times with sis. Well attended graveside service at 11:00 with great weather. Really was quite a celebration rather than dreary - - we all knew sis was ready to meet her maker and went home praying all the way for it to happen. So, we mourn the realization we will not have her around to enjoy, but happy she is free from a body falling apart without doing it under pain and duress. So, all around, everyone is happy, but still a bit sad to loose her. Sweet lady.

Think I will pass on the goodies this late at night. I took all the family members and those that helped during this rather long vigil out to our favorite Amish restaurant in town and fed them - - still stuffed. Nice time for family all to be together and talk.

Have to rework my Get To Do list now with some new priorities like get a home cleaned up, freshened up and ready to hit the market - - and do it quickly. So, going to hit the sack and get up with a load off my mind.

Will sneak a ph00 on the way out ..............
Old 03-06-2018, 08:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

G'day y'all. Too late to make coffee etc.

Bob, sorry for your loss, but the death of a Christian is in many ways cause for celebration. Yeah, hard on those left behind, but that is a temporary situation. Now to put your life back together again.

Today took my truck and my wife's car in for the usual 6 month emissions check. My truck passed, but my wife's fairly new, low mileage SUV failed. She was told there was a leak in the exhaust, possibly a crack in the muffler. HUH? How can the emissions test reveal a leak in the exhaust? I think that she got ripped off with that company hoping to make some extra cash from her. Boy, is she livid!!!! I blocked the exhaust and had her listen carefully for any leaks, but of course, nothing. My code reader has a smog test setting on it and that showed no problems. First time that she has been to that particular company. Last time too for her and me.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi
14” of snow here
Bye
Old 03-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Hi
14” of snow here
Bye
That snow has muffled you - - well, at least we know you are still alive. Hey, it is spring down here. Do have clouds today and some light rain, but just was out in short sleeve shirt to have blood drawn for tests and it was very nice. AC and heat has been mostly off for several weeks now. Only my NC and Ill family that come down and get hot.

OK, fresh ph00, coffee and a cinnamon cake on the counter. Come get it -- - and don't trip on the dragon. Sound asleep right inside the door.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:22 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
7 hours of heavy, Nor Easter rain here , hovering in the mid 30's.

Even ducks are sleeping in today
Old 03-07-2018, 11:29 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
20 minutes ago, it was raining, and there wasn't a single drop of snow anywhere

I stand corrected. I guess its going to snow...
Attached Thumbnails The DTR breakroom March 4 - 10-0307181222_hdr-1-1.jpg  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:30 PM

G'day. Scotty and the rest of you that are being dumped on with the horrible white stuff, I feel for you. Makes me VERY glad that I live where I do now and very far away from that stuff. My truck has never seen any of that and shows it.

Last month one of the church members who owns a language school here abruptly lost one of their teachers and in desperation the company owner asked me to fill in and teach an early morning class of business and technical English. The company is Dana, which I know many of you are very familiar with. I did not mind as it is only 15 minutes from my house. This morning as part of the class we did a tour through a small part of the company. I am VERY impressed! This division is huge. There are many large buildings covering many acres. I am familiar with production lines and everything that I saw was world class and extremely professional. The division that I saw this morning made axles and u-joints. Went through the heat treat plant as well. Was quite impressed with the unending checks made for hardness, dimensional, tolerances and much more. Never realized that the axle flanges are induction welded to the axles and watched that operation for quite a while. It's impressive to see the red hot freshly welded flanges moving up the conveyor to the next stage. Happened to notice the performance chart on one of the axles and see that last month they produced just under 200,000 of that particular part. Even in parts of the plant that by nature of the work is very dirty, the floors were shiny and no garbage anywhere. For those that are interested, this is a 6S, lean manufacturing plant that strives for continuous improvement DAILY!
Old 03-08-2018, 11:09 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Prep day. Nothing but clear liquids this morning then the poop juice this evening and night. At least my bore scope is early in the morning instead of late in the afternoon like last time. I'm going to be one cleaned out and wore out puppy by morning.
Upper teens into the upper 20°s today with a chance of more snow and more snow tomorrow. Weather lady said the normal accumulation for March is 72", we are all ready at 50".
Old 03-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Good luck, Cougar - - hope everything comes out OK. Better you than me.

Cooler day today with light clouds and warm son. I have three orchid plants blooming in the lanai - - they are loving it. Grass AND WEEDS - - GGRRR - - - are growing, flowers blooming. Sorry some of you are still getting hammered. How many flights was it cancelled yesterday? Some horrific number.

Put a small pot of ph00 on and left a couple sprinkles on the counter. Have a great day.

Bob

Quick Reply: The DTR breakroom March 4 - 10