Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR breakroom July8 - 14

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 09:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
DTR breakroom July8 - 14

Good morning from Paradise. Sorry for you folks that are experiencing heat waves, flooding and sundry other onslaughts from nature, but where I live, the weather is hard to beat. A beautiful blue sky at dawn that is slowly giving way to some clouds, which by nightfall could become some more rain. The high for the day is forecast to be around 72F.

Sheesh, what is happening to the breakroom? Lots of lookers, but zero participation. This used to be such a lively and fun place to drop in to every morning for a coffee and some friendly ribbing, taunting, laughter etc. C'mon you newbies, jump in and liven the place up.

Freshened the place up, petted the lonely dragon and left a bowl of my usual assorted cut up fresh fruit. It is prickly pear time again, so cut up a bunch and you will find them in the bowl of fruit. Only instant coffee and ph00 today.

Filled the truck up yesterday. OUCH!!!!! The rising price of fuel hurts - a lot!

Another day to be thankful for everything. Here is an oldie to help you;
Old 07-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Thanks for airing the place out Stan.
Our heat wave finally broke, back to mid 60°s where we belong.
Between the heat and a terrible cold, I stayed home and did computer maintenance. Mine was so bad it didn't want to load the program to fix it. Figured out how to trick it and got it all cleaned up and working right again.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Little late getting here, but there is some fruit left and warmed up the ph00 - - - -yummy, both of them. Dragon did seem excited to have some company and came and brushed around my legs - - soooo, fed him some snacks. Thanks for getting this thing up and running again.

Sunday School and church this morning and out to eat with several SS couples. Fun - - delicious chunk of salmon with goodies to support it - - and good company. Just now slowed down and cranked over the peuter - - been that busy all afternoon. Movers coming tomorrow to take the piano out of the wife's sister's house - - wife bought this piano when she was a teenager and sold it to her sister to get some money when she headed out for college (where we met). So, now we will have a Hammond organ and grand piano in the living room and a spinet in the workout room. Crazee. But, she does not want to let her piano go bye bye. We are kicking around gearing down in size in the house, so the organ and big piano will go bye bye.

Refill and see ya tomorrow...…………….
Old 07-09-2018, 12:00 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Evening folks.

Grabbed some fruit but it was all squishy from being too old...

Well, that sounds like a joke told about gay bars. Oh well, I guess I'm going to hell now, eh?

Finished up section 3 of 7 of my siding restoration. Cecile is still moving along. Tonight we had a neighbor come by who happens to be a former classmate of my wife, but a year earlier. Lots of talk about folks they went to school with that are All dead, now. Mortality here we come!
Neighbor is opening up a cbd store soon. I guess its a hemp product that supposedly has healing properties. I figured I'd give it a shot, so I had a 300mg hit tonight, following two burgers, mac salad, baked beans, salad and a hot dog with kraut, followed by 4 beers.

All that gas producing food has made my rear end noisier than the local school marching band's percussion section. Sewer gas doesn't compare to what I'm generating tonight. Geesh, wonder if I hung out in a pasture with a couple hundred cows, I'd be contributing to global warming.....

Yuk... I'm even offending myself, and usually your own farts don't bother ya!...

Oh boy.... Its great being over 50. The older I get, the more noxious I am...

Lol
Attached Thumbnails DTR breakroom July8 - 14-0708181336a_hdr-1024x576-1.jpg  
Old 07-09-2018, 06:44 PM

Hey - - that house is really looking good. Lots of work. My last house was redwood on the second floor and stone on the first. That redwood was very easy to care for. In 18 years, it had two separate coats of sealer and the color was almost the same as when installed. Keep up the good work, but don't kill yourself on it.

Another busy day over at the other house. AC decided to quit running. Had no power to the thermostat. Looked and looked - - finally traced it to the low voltage DC power supply. Traced it to a blown fuse. Probably all the lightning hits we have had around here the last week or so. Sure glad I found it - - closing is in three days. Hope that it holds. Don't want problems.

Too late to worry about food or drink - - just finished supper so scratch the dragon a bit and refill it water dish. Seemed happy.

Have a great nights sleep and good day tomorrow.
Bob
Old 07-10-2018, 08:22 AM

Morning gang. Heading out the door for a busy day and won't be back until late tonight. Sooooo, thought I would feed the dragon, set out a fresh pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee, a pot of ph00 (you get what is left after I get mine - - ...) and brought an assortment of Dunkin Donuts for you to enjoy.

Have a great day.

Bobby
Old 07-10-2018, 01:34 PM

Thanks Bob.

Had a half of an old fashioned donut. That is the only,DD donut that doesn't contain too much oil, messing up my diet.

Lol

Hot, low humidity day today, reaching,near 94* f. Good day to install a window in the direct sun. Maybe ill do that !

Stopped mid day to pick up a package, and I'm back to finish up the window install.

Picked up some crumb cake for ya all. Eat,up.

Back,to baking in the sun
Attached Thumbnails DTR breakroom July8 - 14-0710181141_hdr-1024x576.jpg   DTR breakroom July8 - 14-0710181428a_hdr-1024x576.jpg  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:32 AM

Morning NJ - - looks like the two of us are the only ones who got out of bed for the last couple of days. So, put a small pot of coffee on for ya and made a single cup of ph00 in the Keurig for myself. Left a good junk of fresh baked banana bread on the counter for ya.

Off to the ticker doc today. Been a while. See how things are going.

L8R
Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 PM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey ya'll. Been quite some time. Hope everyone and their families are well.

What happened? This used to be the watercooler
Old 07-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hmmmm
jim reeves gives me flashbacks of my drunken parents trying to sing along with his records.
🙉
All is normal here for this room
Old 07-12-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
All is normal here for this room
Not quite normal - - - haven't seen you around for a while. Thanks for dropping in. Late getting here again - - long busy day. Just finally finished my supper. So, going to grab a "K" cup ph00 and get one of my hidden cookies.

Hopefully make it earlier tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:27 AM

Hidden cookies? What kind? Oatmeal raisin is,my favorite.

Fresh, gooey,chocolate chip are good as well.

Yesterday was a long day. Working for,yourself has its benefits and drawbacks. Long work days, then no work days . Up at 4 out the door at 5, hour north to ritsy titsy land, 14 hours on the job, then got lost coming home, as the GPS wants me,to ride the parkway, and me trucky no rikey.

This am , is Friday the 13th. Good luck day for those without superstition. Stopped at the Dr. for my annual physical, blood work, and off to the bagel store for a porkroll and cheese. Grabbed a dozen bagels, assorted variety, cream cheese and butter. Got a banana nut muffin for Bob, and off to my day..

Finished the window replacement on my home.. To be continued
Old 07-13-2018, 08:28 AM

Window
Attached Thumbnails DTR breakroom July8 - 14-0711181109_hdr-1024x576-1.jpg   DTR breakroom July8 - 14-0713180708a-1024x576.jpg   DTR breakroom July8 - 14-0711181459-1.jpg  
Old 07-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Hey, that is looking good. You working on this house sounds like my last one. I did most of the work myself in rebuilding, a 2500 sf second floor addition, redid the upstairs apartment at the other end of the house and moved into there while completing the south end. Rewired the whole house and replumbed the whole house (5 bathrooms, two kitchens, solar water heating) 5 new AC/heat units complete with ducting, new windows, new sheet rock everywhere, complete trim out, new roof and added a three car garage tied into the existing house with a breezeway between. I had all the stone work done by others. Was torn in selling it after all that work in it. Had worked on it for 18 years. DUH. Kept adding, adding, adding. Fun in some ways and a pain in others. Sooooo, friend, be careful - - been there, done that. Had a major heart attack in the front yard doing landscaping and flat lined on the way to the hospital. That was when I realized it was time to gear down to smaller house, less work, more time for the RV travels and hitting the water for a couple weeks in the boat. Still miss those sunsets over the bay over there.

Enough gabbing, but seeing your work got me wound up. A banana nut muffin????? You are sooooo bad. You just want that LDL to bounce off the ceiling. Shame on you. UUUUMMMM, it was good...……………. put fresh coffee and ph00 on and filled my cup...…………………….

Be careful gang - - - Friday the 13th.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Well, I think it's time I cut my losses and sell the house. Who ever remodeled the place before we bought it did things dangerously wrong, a lot of things. The latest being the stove being a fire hazard.