Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Breakroom 1/21-1/27

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some pics of today's adventure. My rig is the yellow one

It started snowing on the way out of Phoenix, all the way to our destination which is about 70 miles NE of town. It snowed the entire time we were there.

There was probably 8 to 10 inches of fresh stuff on the ground.

Here is my buddy messing around in the wash

It snowed so bad that they closed down every way in and out of the town that we were near. We were stuck there for about 2 hours; then they finally opened one road up to take the long way home; but boy was it sure beautiful. I took this pic while driving back to the valley.

We gassed back up about halfway down the mountain and this is what my buddy's rig looked like..

It was a fun day. Short run; but it was a great time. Heck, we even got snow in PHOENIX, ARIZONA today....crazzzzzzy weather here. But it allowed for a nice snow run! Hope you enjoyed some pics.

Josh
Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Chapter President

Well, I finally got to ride one of the horses, and the little round pen was still too muddy to ride in so I didn't try and see how well the other one wasn't going to do. (That and I had to fix the light wiring on the trailer after he played with it.)
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Busy day here

Last night had a bunch of the Chapter #33 guys over and we put a new fuel system on Leonard's truck and hung out and drank a few and ate some wings.
Sunday TJ & Leonard came over and we pulled the trans out of TJ's (GB5.9) truck, that tranny is huge and heavy. Told him he could let the truck sit on the lift until he gets his tranny repaired. cold out too and snowed a little.
Need some more coffee, got any left?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:33 PM

Heck yes...I just put another pot on. I'm tired, but I gotta stay up. I just cooked up some chili too!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
So, Josh, what is this, are you 3rd in command of the DTR break room? Glad to have the help... But I wonder where our boss is...? Looks like you had a lot of fun today... What is all that white stuff?

Should have my walbro come in this week. Very excited. Got a contact about a guy that needs stuff hauled around from time to time, hope he calls me, I'm ready to make some $$$$$

Bout to have a bite and hit the sack. See ya'll in the am.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 PM

Hey now Hat, someone's gotta do it.

Ya it was a blast! I know you'll be itchin to get home and get it in eh? When is your edge supposed to come in? I can't wait til you see the difference...You will be one happy hat, that is for sure.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

We need a picture of this fabeled break room...

The edge is suposed to come in some time this week, but I do not think that I am gonna hook it up until I get the walbro installed... I have heard too many stories about l/p's and f/p biting the dust. I'm about as happy as a puppy with two tails.

What do ya think about the new avatar?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:20 PM

I like it, fits you well!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Chapter President

Madhat, looks like you need to get off your diet. I'd say your just skin and bones, but you don't even have the skin.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 PM
DTR Mom

Much appreciated Josh for gettting this room right!

Thanks for the pics too, sure is funny to read PHOENIX but see snow.
btw- fella, you have four inch snow tracks in the pics but list eight inches is that what she told ya?
ahhh nevermind....I'll have to put a pic in of my 46 ****** jeep stock with the artic cap on it.

DAVEY (DSSIMEK) always glad to hear what you are fixin for food or to do for the day.

Rick (totallyrad) just vacuums man, we hit it bad with American almost word for word last september out to Reno. They will deliver your luggage for free, right to your door though. sniff sniff~ that you? LOL

REDLEG , buddy you must be THE up to date info man- I thought Begle was the only one who knew of 'ENYA'..........wow, I am impressed.
Ok, janitor chewy should be on this wekk, make sure you tell him ya missed him. he's soooo sensitive.
MADHAT, you are a redneck southern boy. that's why them thar 58 y.o.ladies flutter at ya like moths at the bug light....... here's some tar for ya.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:05 AM

Hey now dont be knockin my measurements! That was closer to the highway where some vehicles had already been back...further back where we were the snow was much deeper....ergh, ugh ya. Time to hit the rack. Later everyone, See you in the AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Madhat, looks like you need to get off your diet. I'd say your just skin and bones, but you don't even have the skin.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
btw- fella, you have four inch snow tracks in the pics but list eight inches is that what she told ya?
ahhh nevermind....
Ok, janitor chewy should be on this wekk, make sure you tell him ya missed him. he's soooo sensitive.
MADHAT, you are a redneck southern boy. that's why them thar 58 y.o.ladies flutter at ya like moths at the bug light....... here's some tar for ya.
Why do ya gotta bring measurements into this? You know he's a little nearsighted... The poor janitor... I thought that he was done last Friday... burning up some of that leave, I guess... And I think that it's just because she's a dingbat. Thanks for the mud.

Rain here, almost 3 inches since midnight. Glad I drive a tank to work every day, unlike some of the vehicles I seen sliding around this morning.

's on...
Old 01-22-2007, 05:48 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Frozen wet stuff has quit falling.
Most roads are passable, even with a 2WD dually.
BUT, there are still some morons trying to run 80mph and finding new and interesting things to test their 5mph bumpers, air bags, and roll over protection on.

Gov't has been given "Unscheduled Leave" status.
The GS'ers are considered "Non-Essential" employees.
I guess us contractors (You know...the ones who are actually here to perform work) are deemed essential.
Gotta love it.

Coffee thermos is full, bread and lunchmeat in the fridge.
I can hold out for a coupla days like this.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

OUCH!!! I seen that 04CTD posted on last weeks thread, so I heckeled him about it, and the thread got locked!!!!! Please sir, can I have another???

Nope, just 'closed' it so folks would know which one to post in.
Ed
Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awright all you slackers, I'M BACK! The party's over, so no more messin' up the breakroom just to see how long it takes the Marine and his recruits to clean it all up! I KNOW he had this place clean and it's a mess again this AM. I took a pic of it while it was clean just to prove it was clean. I see we have some foo-foo dispensers for 5verBob. Nice touch. Gotta keep the old guys happy I guess!

Sleet and 20 degrees here this AM. The roads oughta be fun. S'posed to be like this all week, so I guess I won't be goin' anywhere soon.

I gotta go scope out the restrooms an' see what kinda mess THEY'RE in.

TheJanitorIsBackAndYouShouldAllBeScaredChaikwa.

Quick Reply: DTR Breakroom 1/21-1/27