Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Drive-Thru 7/29-8/4

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The plot thickens. The weather alarms just went off for my area. No tornado alarm yet, just severe thunderstorms. Today is the 25th anniversary of Canada's largest tornado disaster in Edmonton, Alberta - 180 miles from here.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
while your working on new antilock brakes, can you have them make some that will actually lock when I want them to?
I was teaching them an EMT Basic refresher. I have NO idea of how their anti lock brake stuff works. Or doesn't work!

Everyone stay safe in the wild weather. We had a sprinkle here last night.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I was teaching them an EMT Basic refresher. I have NO idea of how their anti lock brake stuff works. Or doesn't work!

Everyone stay safe in the wild weather. We had a sprinkle here last night.
so you were teaching emt at a brake place?
weather was 110 today officially... keep a good balance of heat and a enough cool to keep your core from overheating.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
so you were teaching emt at a brake place?
Yes. They have their own first response team. A lot of the bigger places do. So do some electric utilities, which we will start training again this November.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Yes. They have their own first response team. A lot of the bigger places do. So do some electric utilities, which we will start training again this November.
That is soooo fantastic. Once you have gone thru it, you have a new appreciation knowing you are around people that know how to help you when/if the undesireable hits you. We have equipment at our church and people who know how to use it. Keep it up, man.

Bob
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
That is soooo fantastic. Once you have gone thru it, you have a new appreciation knowing you are around people that know how to help you when/if the undesireable hits you. We have equipment at our church and people who know how to use it. Keep it up, man.

Bob
Yes, it IS a great thing. The people involved in it are very dedicated and interested in what they're doing. The companies on the other hand, see it as a way of lowering their insurance premiums and not much else. If it weren't for that, there'd be no incentive for them to let the programs continue.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by cougar
Morning folks, still on solo control. Wife is home but non-functional. Made her and the cat breakfast. Looks like I will be playing nurse for a few days.
Glad they let her out. Make sure to wake her up every fifteen minutes just like at the hospital.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
The weather alarms just went off for my area. No tornado alarm yet, just severe thunderstorms.
I forget. Does a rain dance cause rain or make it go away?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
In most cases, a rain dance causes it to rain. The way you dance, it has the opposite effect.

How's it goin anyway?

Strange weather here this year too, but hey, I'm strange, so it suits me fine. Work is steady, although not at all coherently patterned. No big projects, just a steady trail of broken junk interspersed with other people's mistaken attempts.

Off to eat, then find a shower.

have a good one people
Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by pind
In most cases, a rain dance causes it to rain. The way you dance, it has the opposite effect.
The truth hurts.
Glad you are still kicking.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Administrator

The day is NOT starting off well!

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1st:

1619 - The first black Americans (20) land at Jamestown, VA.

1774 - Oxygen was isolated from air successfully by chemist Carl Wilhelm and scientist Joseph Priestly.

1790 - The first U.S. census was completed with a total population of 3,929,214 recorded. The areas included were the present states of Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia

1834 - Slavery was outlawed in the British empire with an emancipation bill.

1873 - Andrew S. Hallidie successfully tested a cable car. The design was done for San Francisco, CA.

1876 - Colorado became the 38th state to join the United States.

1893 - Shredded wheat was patented by Henry Perky and William Ford.

1907 - The U.S. Army established an aeronautical division that later became the U.S. Air Force.

1914 - Germany declared war on Russia at the beginning of World War I.

1936 - Adolf Hitler presided over the Olympic games as they opened in Berlin.

1944 - In Warsaw, Poland, an uprising against **** occupation began. The revolt continued until October 2 when Polish forces surrendered.

1946 - In the U.S., the Atomic Energy Commission was established.

1953 - The first aluminum-faced building was completed. It was the first of this type in America.

1956 - The Social Security Act was amended to provide benefits to disabled workers aged 50-64 and disabled adult children.

1957 - The North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) was created by the United States and Canada.

1995 - Westinghouse Electric Corporation announced a deal to buy CBS for $5.4 billion.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

I made the coffee despite the fact that I really didn't feel like it. Therefore, you WILL drink it and you WILL like it!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
The day is NOT starting off well!

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

I made the coffee despite the fact that I really didn't feel like it. Therefore, you WILL drink it and you WILL like it!
Don't suppose your mind set has anything to do with that.....
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j_martin
Don't suppose your mind set has anything to do with that.....
My mind set is BECAUSE of that.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

My mind set is BECAUSE of that.
You lost your mind years ago how would you know how its "set".
Old 08-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A late good mornin' - - - been running and working all day - - no rest for the wicked. So, finally stopping to grab a coffee - - - YES, SCOTT, I WILL DRINK IT AND SHUT UP. YES SIR. ......

Office building got flooded this morning. One tenant had plumber in late to do some work in their unit. Had to shut off the water. Did not turn it back on last night. One tenant did this morning - - flooded the building. This included a huge dance floor that was just refinished within the past month. Frantically trying to dry it out before problems, but don't feel good about it. Somebody is in deep doo doo. Have work starting at our place tomorrow, so worked early getting ready for them. This will be neat.

OK, refill, and off to catch up. Therapy early, then grab the whip and get the workers going.

Bob
Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
So, finally stopping to grab a coffee - - - YES, SCOTT, I WILL DRINK IT AND SHUT UP. YES SIR. ......
I didn't say to 'shut up', I said you will like it! And you DID, didn't you?

Quick Reply: The Drive-Thru 7/29-8/4