Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dog attack

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
My concerns;
Who will the dogs bite next.
How much damage will the dogs do to the next person.
Who will make the owner to be responsible.
Who will pay the medical bills.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fill a squirt gun with ammonia, when they come after
you, hit them in face. They will never come after you
again.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Well, if they don't find the dogs she will have to go through rabies testing.
That low growl is making me nervous.

I hope they find the dogs. I went through the rabies series when I was 8 or . I sure hope for her sake they have a better method now.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by grouch
I hope they find the dogs. I went through the rabies series when I was 8 or . I sure hope for her sake they have a better method now.
they do

not so bad now, but still

dogs need found, killt, and tested at the owners expense then small claims court case to be compensated for medical bills, reconstructive surgury pain/suffering and any time loss from work.

perhaps then more owners would keep thier dogs in check
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 AM

As far as I'm concerned, nonlethal means are out of the question. If you don't kill them, you just pass the problem to their next victim who may not be so lucky. In my case a long time ago, the next victim was a county sheriff. Pepper spray did nothing. Repeated pounding with a night stick finally broke off the attack. The owner tried to hide the dog (it ran off), but it got out and was immediately shot by concerned neighbors with kids.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man I hate to hear that, and hope everything is okay with your wife? Nothing worse than an irresponsible pet owner! I hope you find the animals before they can hurt someone else.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Maybe some good news. Heard through our land lord that a dog had been quarantined. She didn't know that it was my wife that had been bitten. Animal control is really screwed up here so we can't get any information until the original "dog catcher" comes back on duty.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm glad they caught the dog.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Just forward the information about the owners please.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Just forward the information about the owners please.

Yeah! Wouldn't want to be the owners.....
Scotty's oil change method is to remove the oil filler cap then pick up the truck and hold it upside down over the drain pan.............

Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Yeah! Wouldn't want to be the owners.....
Scotty's oil change method is to remove the oil filler cap then pick up the truck and hold it upside down over the drain pan.............

Didn't take very long though did it?
Man cave is coming along here. Got the wiring in. Insulation and drywall next. Going R-52 in the attic.
Wrap and wire on the outside after soffit and fascia on the wknd.

BACK to the topic. There where some pitbulls that got loose from a drug house up here several yrs back. My friend Curtis, LEO shot one five times before it dropped. This happened almost in my backyard. I used my car to take one down.
The reason these animals got taken out was because of the insane effort the dogs made to attack people in the area as well as anything else that moved...they were crazed and went to sleep that night. One of the owners had an accident.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^Scotty, yes, accidents happen, we have a meth house 5 doors down from us with pit bulls and the cops were ignoring the problem. We told the cops that if things are not addressed in a timely fashion, "accidental fires can happen and that maybe our trucks towing trailers might stall on the road to their house and the fire trucks might not be able to make it". It did not take long for the issue to be taken care of.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had 1/2 my right thumb bitten off while taking a 150# Akita off my sons face. The dog did not make it and the state wanted to press charges against me for what I did to the dog. My son was tore up bad, but came out of it ok thanks to Bostons Children Hospital. That was 22 years ago, then I got bit on the same hand at work breaking my thumb and finger, that was by a pit-bull, the team took care of that dog.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope all is well. I use to ride bicycle (a long time ago) and I use to carry a drink bottle full of rubbing alcohol for those kind of dogs. I am not cruel to animals and have three dogs of my own that are all rescues that I would not trade for the world. BUT, when a dog has something on it's mind, you need to be able to change it's thinking. The one that use to chase me all the time got one dose of rubbing alcohol in the face and never came out of the yard after me again.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:44 AM

Wife found out Friday that "a dog" had been quarantined by animal control. They will not release the name of the owner until after the quarantine period is over or let my wife identify the animal. So we have no idea what dog they have in the dog house.

Quick Reply: Dog attack