Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dirty rat scammers!!

Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dirty rat scammers!!

There's a common scam going on. I have a P/U box in the ads and some guy emailed me and said he was in the used equip. and real estate business. To make a long story short, he had one of his customers send me a cashiers check for $4530. Then I was supposed to send him a cashiers check for $3630 - I would get my $900 and he would get the change. I called the bank of the $4530 check, as soon as I got it, and found out it was counterfeit. His whole plan for payment was bizarre. It was so ridiculous, I can't believe anyone would fall for it. This guys says his name is Fred Spilberg and says he's from Canada - I doubt if any of it is true. In many cases they are local guys. So beware! Craig
Old 06-11-2006, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This scam happens a lot. As far as I know not too many of the scammers have been caught. The RCMP has a web site that deals with the scams. Phone busters or something like that.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:17 AM

Thats one of the most common scams around, probably wanted you to Western Union his "change" back? I would never agree to any deal like that, ha ha tell him to cash his check himself and bring you CASH
Old 06-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

He tried here but I kept ignoring him and refused to answer anymore of his e-mails.Before I knew he was a scammer I e-mailed him back with my phone numbers where he could call. Of course no calls. Then I got on the internet and tried looking him up no such person and no such company.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive read abought that same scam on all kinds of boards. Everything from horses to ATVs. I cant balive anyone would even think for a second that was on the up and up.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM

Sounds fishy anytime you have to give money to someone your selling something too Thanks for the heads up
Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 PM

Anybody knowwhat this would be all about:

I had my Durango on C list for sale. brief descripts and few pics. I got an email that said......... About your car/ truck for sale. I am intersted in your car/truck for sale and want to buy it. I agree to the price and will send you a check for the amount of the vehicle plus the cost of my moers. Go ahead and cash the check and then when my movers get there give them the rest of the money......................Obviously i never responded since he ddn't even know if it was a car or a truck
But how would this work as a scam. He tells me to cash the check first. ????

My next one was a guy interested in some plow parts i had listed for $675. I got an email saying he was interested and that he needed my name and address for the cert. check to mail to me and then he would have it picked up.
Still tryin to figure that one out. I was gonna give him a partial name and a buddies address to see what came of it, but decided just to ignore it
Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 PM

The first one sounded suspect. He could easily have paid the movers at time of recieving the vehicle. How much was the delivery fee should be in writing. The second senario about the plow sounded like it was on the up and up. I have conducted business this way before when buying parts from this and other sites. I think the person sending the money is the one hanging himself out their. That why always take into acount the number of posts and check their past post.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 PM

I got a few of those scams when I was selling my wifes car. One guy sent me two $2,000 chashier checks. They were obviously fake. I kept them though and the next scammer sent me a $6,000 cashiers check and asked for me to send him $2,000 change. So, i sent him one of the fake $2,000 checks

I hoep he tried to cash it !!!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Checkmate
Anybody knowwhat this would be all about:

I had my Durango on C list for sale. brief descripts and few pics. I got an email that said......... About your car/ truck for sale. I am intersted in your car/truck for sale and want to buy it. I agree to the price and will send you a check for the amount of the vehicle plus the cost of my moers. Go ahead and cash the check and then when my movers get there give them the rest of the money......................Obviously i never responded since he ddn't even know if it was a car or a truck
But how would this work as a scam. He tells me to cash the check first. ????
Your bank will cash the check with your account liable for anything that goes wrong. It can take up to 30 days for the fake check to be returned to the bank and when it does happen your account gets a debit for the full amount. Which means you just got scammed and now owe the bank the cash you sent the other guy!!

I always mess with them. I act very interested and start setting things up and make my story more and more crazy as time goes and they finally realize I am messing with them and stop e-mailing me I get a kick out of it. I know it makes them made by how much time they waste on me
Old 12-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Never thought about the bank thing. Guess it makes sense.
Think I'll start having fun now.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:03 PM

you have to really be careful on ebay and craigslist also theres alot of scamming going on there also. you cant trust anybody anymore its a shame