Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Scammers using credit cards now???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Scammers using credit cards now???

Here are several emails I received recently the odd thing about these is they do not mention a Cashiers Check as these emails typically do Maybe these idiots have come up with a new method ?

"HELLOSIR/MAD
MY NAME IS SCOTT JONATHAN AND I WIL LIKE TO KNOW WEATHER U DO CARRY DUMP TRAILER INSTOCK. AND IF U DO CARRY THEM REPLY ME BACK SO THAT I CAN LET YOU KNOW THE SIZE,AND THE QUANTITY I WANT..AND ONCE AGAIN I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM SHIPPING THE DUMP TRAILER TO ONE OF MY COMPANYS IN WEST AFRICA......BUT I WILL HANDLE THE SHIPPING CHARGES......AND DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARD AS A FORM OF PAYMENT.BEST REGARDS"

"HELLO DEAR COSTOMER,
THANK YOU SO MUCH, PLEASE MY NAME IS MR LARRY GATES AND AM SENDING THIS EMAIL TO KNOW IF YOU DO CARRY TRAILER OR TRUCK FOR SALE, AND I WILL ALAO LIKE YOU TO GO AHEAND AND EMAIL ME BACK WITH THE TRAILER AND THE TRUCK MODEL / TYPES / PRICES AND PICK UP PRICES OKEY, AND ALSO THE TRAILER AND THE TRUCK WILL BE PICK UP FROM YOUR LOCATION TO MY NEW COMPANY, AND ALSO WHAT FORM OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACEEPT NOW, SO IF YOU DO ACEEPT CREDIT CARD AS PAYMENT, TRY AND EMAIL ME BACK WITH THIS ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU DO HAVE FOR SALE OKEY, SO THAT WE CAN PROCEED WITH THE ORDER / PICK AND THE PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD, SO AM STILL ON MY COMPUET WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU BACK AS SOON AS ASAP OKEY, AND ALSO AM VERY VERY HAPPY TO BE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU OKEY, THANK YOU SO MUCH AND HAVE A NICE WORKING DAY,
THANK YOU,
MR LARRY GATES,"

"Hello Sir,
Goodmorning,am Mrs.Patricia and will like to know if you carry
any Trailor Truck instock.Actually i need the Trailor Truck for one of my Warehouses abroad.Owing to this, i will be contacting a shipping company who will take care of the shipping .So all i want from you is to get back to me with the prices of the Trailor Trucks you currently have instock so that we can proceed from there.I will also like to know the types of credit cards you do accept for payment.Have a nice day and i wait to hear from you.
Patricia."

"Dear Sir,
Goodmorning,am Mr.Christian and will like to purchase a Truck .Actually i need the Truck for one of my Workshops abroad.Owing to this i will be contacting a shipping company who will take care of the shipping .So all i want from you is to get back to me with the prices of the Truck you currently have instock so that we can proceed from there.Have a nice working day and i wait to hear from you.

Chris."
Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scammers are so lame.

Just look at the grammar and names they are trying to use..? So obvious.

Wouldn't it be funny if they just used their real name, like:

Thank You,

Arishmahad
Old 09-27-2007, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you just have some fun with them? Whenever I had someone like that contact me and ask for my bank info I would give them info like this:

Mr. Edit
1234 Main St.
Anytown USA
Ph - (xxx) xxx-xxxx
(phone number to local FBI office)

Bank info:
International Bank of Pancakes:
acct # - Edit
Old 09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure it would be an amazingly high number of these that go out every day. Only one sucker a day and these jerks make free money.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 PM

With all the publicity about scammers and Phishing messages, I find it amazing that ANYONE responds to these. Occasionally I will open one just to see what kind of line they are laying out. The last one was the $50,000,000 cashier's check from Nigeria! Sure, someone is really gonna send a total stranger something like that!

One of may favorite says is "The world is full of stupid people".
Old 09-27-2007, 04:54 PM

lol yea I get them all the time and reply with two words that I never get reply from I think you know which ones lol.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ouchman

Mr. Edit
1234 Main St.
Anytown USA
Ph - (xxx) xxx-xxxx
(phone number to local FBI office)

Bank info:
International Bank of Pancakes:
acct # - Edit

EDITED...
That's the first time I've been edited for words that kinda sounded like other words and initials that kinda looked like they might be some other kinda words that may have been bad or something... maybe

ps - moderator - no need to scold me in private - I should have known that those "almost-a-bad-words" would never pass here.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:27 AM

i have been getting a few of those type of emails myself since i have my Elcamino for sale.

Good Afternoon

I am Allan Stevens,am a citizen of United State.But i work with Medlad construction in Germany.I saw your ad advert on this classified site
and Am so much interested in your item so that i can purchase it for my own use there in united state.

So i would like to ask you few question regarding the advert placement.

*********Is the item still available for sale?

********Is the item perfect as new?

********Will you be accepting A Money order coming
from a debtor of mine there united state to the amount of the money his
owning me

So the payment that will be coming to you will be included with the item sale price with shipping fee.There will be sum extra fund on the payment cause i have promise my son that i will be send him sum certain amount to him via westernunion money/Money gram so that he can be able
to pay for his tuition fee.

NB.The item will be ship to my address in the state and the extra fund will be transfer via MONEY GRAM MONEY TRANSFER to my son in united state

If you truely know that you are willing to help me and willing to be faithful with me,kindly send me:

(1)YOUR NAME

(2) YOUR ADDRESS or MAILING ADDRESS

In order for immediate payment issuance TODAY.

Thanks so much and God bless you
Old 09-29-2007, 09:48 AM

Hey Larry I didn't know you sold trailers, Im in the neighborrhood for a 32' toy hauler. Do you think if I give you my Visa number you can pacakage that up and drop ship it to me?

Are these people serious, how could anyone run a business if they can not even spell okay(OKEY)? Idiots.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:45 AM

when the scammers send me the same email, I saw your advert online what was the final asking price, condition bla bla. I reply in a not so friendly way. honest people get ruined by criminals and scammers
Old 10-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like the feds are trying to do something about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299197,00.html