Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Digital Cameras????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital Cameras????

I'm looking at SLR digital camera's anyone have experence with the Cannon 10D, the Fuji S2 Pro or the Nikon 100 I believe I want the ability to change lenses like a 35mm.So far these are the only three I've looked at anyothers you know about I will also consider thank you
Old 05-24-2003, 04:31 PM

Re:Digital Cameras????

what price range do u wnat to be in?
Old 05-24-2003, 04:38 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Before we can answer your question we need to know price range and the amount of pixels you need. What do you intend to do with this camera? Pleasure, business or ????<br>The wide angle lens on some camera's block the flash. If you intend to use a wide angle lens then you need a hot shoe. Not all digital camera's have hot shoe's.<br>There are some excellent web sites with the latest digital info and consumer reports. Take a look at CNET.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:11 PM

I've been researching, the Cannon's approx 1600 the nikon 1700 and the Fuji about 2200 these prices are just for the body, lenses extra. I decided I just want to spend the money once rather than buy a cheaper camera and it not be what I want. I want the capibility to change lenses like a 35mm camera, the camera I listed are around the 6 Megapix level, I relize lenses and flashs will be extra. I was really interested in wether anyone had any personal use with any of the cameras. As in anything we can buy, we can research it and read specs all we want but it'salways best to talk with people that have actually used the item and since so many people read here I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had used any of the listed cameras thank you so far for your help and ideas/comments
Old 05-24-2003, 11:38 PM

Although i dont have an SLR digital camera I do have a few film camera. my digital camera is an Olympus its an older 3 mega pixel camera that has a 3x optical zoom with a lens that tranlsate to about 28 to 90mm. The picture quality i find to be excellent and i did much research prior to my purchase. I few fact that u may not now a regular phote is some where over the 25mega pixel range so even at 6 megapixles ur not close. this does not mean u cant get great photos like i said my 3.3 m camera takes great shots. Of the cameras you mention you didnt say anything about the Olympus. that and the nikon cameras i researched had the best ratings. the fuji was a nice camera but it used an interpilation(sp) method to get a higher pixel rating this may or may not be the case with the camera you are looking at. I would recomend buying a camera from a company that also makes optix or lenses. then go and hold all the camera bodies and see which one feels the best in your hand. price the flashes. the flash for my digital camera was as much as the camera. then compare features like how many multiple shots can the camera take before you run out of memory and it must write to the card. what kind of focusing mechanism does it use? how many different resolution does it have. and so on..Oh last but not least how user friendly is it!!! happy shopping sorry i couldnt tell you any specifics...if u want to wait till they hit 10megapixels i will be able to tell you more thats when i plan on buying my next camera and it will be an SLR then.<br><br>Dan