Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

deserted abandoned unused break room 8- 17 June

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:46 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Fantastic morning down here. Absolutely beeeuuutiful weather. The rainy season has started, so everything is greening up wonderfully. Hardly need to even use my lawn sprinklers any more.

Lary and Scotty's LEGGS!!! Sheesh! No further comments!!!!

NJTman, yeah, saw that on the news. Stupid is as stupid does. She will never live that one down.

Cracker Barrel, I am in! Love that place. Buuuuurrrp!

Off to church. After another coffee.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Spent the day getting to know the old GPS installed in my plane. Apollo NMS 2001, no longer supported, but it works. I however, still find myself punching buttons and seeing what the result is. I plan to fly with a I-pad, ForeFlight and a glare shield mounted "Bad Elf". Ok, pilots, what do you think? Also helped FBO set up a new natural gas grill. All went well until we dropped the keyway to the flex hose in the grass. It seems it comes from the UK. Itty Bitty Vine Grove don't have any of those parts! Looks like the FBO is making an on-line purchase.

Hope all the sickies are doing better! As for me, no word from the cancer guys on the last patch they chopped off. I'm going with no new is good news!
Old 06-11-2017, 07:42 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by sherod
Spent the day getting to know the old GPS installed in my plane. Apollo NMS 2001, no longer supported, but it works. I however, still find myself punching buttons and seeing what the result is. I plan to fly with a I-pad, ForeFlight and a glare shield mounted "Bad Elf". Ok, pilots, what do you think?

So you dun did it and bought that C-150? Congratulations. Forget the GPS and other new fangled gadgets like an obsolete GPS or even the Bad Elf. Become a real pilot and just use your watch, the compass, maybe the DG (HI) and an up to date sectional map. Those will accurately take you anywhere in North America that you need to go, plus make piloting a lot more fun than just blindly following some gadget like a GPS.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:08 AM

Good morning again from Paradise where it is still o'dark 30 and the moon shining brightly through my window. Threw out the untouched coffee and ph00 and made fresh stuff. Gave all the mouldy food to the dragon who seemed to enjoy them. Not going to put anything fresh out if nobody eats anything.

Got a very full day of work planned, so that is why I am starting my day a bit earlier then usual.

L8tr.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Ladies and Germs,
A new week lets get out there and accomplish something!

I am going to go help Ed mount a couple JATOS on that C150 maybe enough of those we can convert it to VTOL
Old 06-12-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning Ladies and Germs,
A new week lets get out there and accomplish something!

I am going to go help Ed mount a couple JATOS on that C150 maybe enough of those we can convert it to VTOL
Who knows ? Maybe you can turn it into an BYOB at the same time ???

Old 06-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
........................................................... ...............GOOD.

Thanks Stan, the man. I didn't bring anything either. Maybe next week things will look up some. Stay positive.

Have tree man here today trimming my two big oaks. Also removing my bougainvillea hedge - - tired of getting ripping up with that thing while trying to find the root of the hundreds of vines growing up into it and ruining the looks - - - so, to the dump, kill the weeds, and then decide what to do with the space. Redoing some of the other plants while the guys are here. Trying to shape the place up a bit - - not fun and rather warm and humid trying to help. Glad they are doing it and not me.

................................refill and gone.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Monday is here. Car needs new tires. Hit a huge chuck hole and busted the belts on a tire. Going to replace all four, so a little extra expense this week. The Gofundme site should be operational by the time you guys see this. Any extra will go to N8723G. Kinda liking the idea that my friends will help support my expenses!

Now to the serious.... Came up on a rollover of a utility truck with a boom lift today caused by a blown rear dual tire, rain and cruise control. Think about the "what ifs". Driver was airlifted and truck totaled. Don't use cruise in a driving rain.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM

Lary, you are certifiably crazy, but I like your idea. The C-150 is a dinky little plane, so just one bottle mounted between the wheels should do it. Definitely VTOL after that. One small problem, Vmo may be exceeded in about 1.7 seconds after hitting the go button. Hmmmmm, I wonder at what speed the wings pull of a 150 in a near vertical climb?

Knocked off work for the day as it looks like it may rain soon. Been busy since daybreak working outside my house. Been painting a long, high wall and spent half the day climbing up and down an extension ladder. Sounds simple, but the wall goes around the corner on part of the house and cannot reach all parts. Plus halfway down the wall is a huge bush about 10' high and 10'wide that leans against the wall. Wife loves that bush and will not allow me to trim it back. So ..... poor hubby had to find a way to temporarily pull it away from the wall with no damage. Has anybody ever noticed that wives sometimes expect miracles from us?

Bob, bougainvillea bushes (trees?) are hard to get rid of once established. As a example, about 6 years ago we had three large bougainvillea growing against a wall where we park out vehicles. Needed to take them out, so hooked them up one by one to my truck and yanked them out by the roots. Every year since then, they push up new shoots and every year I cut them back deep underground. But still they grow ......... ! Just did it again a few days ago.

Time for a shower and a coffee.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings
I've been enduring some nasty to severe side effects from the very high dose long stretch of Cipro
this one is some kind of SR variety that is matching potency of IV version. Had to stop after day 11. Swollen tendons, felt like my body is sunburnt and extremely fatigued.
saw the surgeon today. He is working on the next move for reconstruction at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Hopefully all files will be submitted this week.
And hopefully I start feeling better. Never have I felt this rotten.

Working on replenishing my gut now. I kind of like Kefir milk. Using unpasteurized sauerkraut and other fermented foods too.

Sorry about the gas. It's more potent then I thought.
watched a car outside the break room inhale some and it went Back to the Future.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - put the ph00 and coffee on after cleaning up - - not bad this morning.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Has anybody ever noticed that wives sometimes expect miracles from us?

Bob, bougainvillea bushes (trees?) are hard to get rid of once established. As a example, about 6 years ago we had three large bougainvillea growing against a wall where we park out vehicles. Needed to take them out, so hooked them up one by one to my truck and yanked them out by the roots. Every year since then, they push up new shoots and every year I cut them back deep underground. But still they grow ......... ! Just did it again a few days ago.
Duh - - - yours too???? Wives are like that, but still very necessary. YEH.
I guess you know I didn't need to hear about those roots on the Boggies - - right. I was hoping they were not that variety of a plant. The only good thing is the plants going back in will allow me to get in and control any growth in the boggies without making me a bloody mess. So, progress.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I've been enduring some nasty to severe side effects from the very high dose long stretch of Cipro. Never have I felt this rotten.

Bummer, buddy. Not a nice thing to hear starting out my day - - Need to pray a little harder for ya. Hope all works well with getting into Mayo. They could do nothing for my father - he was there for 3 weeks - - I had to carry him off the plane when he came back home. Horrible.

Grabbing my ph00 and get my day off and running. Y'all be good.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Greetings
I've been enduring some nasty to severe side effects from the very high dose long stretch of Cipro
this one is some kind of SR variety that is matching potency of IV version. Had to stop after day 11. Swollen tendons, felt like my body is sunburnt and extremely fatigued.
saw the surgeon today. He is working on the next move for reconstruction at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Hopefully all files will be submitted this week.
And hopefully I start feeling better. Never have I felt this rotten.

Working on replenishing my gut now. I kind of like Kefir milk. Using unpasteurized sauerkraut and other fermented foods too.

watched a car outside the break room inhale some and it went Back to the Future.
Dang Scotty, be careful. Flouroquinolone antibiotics can cause some real damage. It looks like magnesium can help some.
Magnesium Helps Heal Cipro Damage - NaturalNews.com
Old 06-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Dang Scotty, be careful. Flouroquinolone antibiotics can cause some real damage. It looks like magnesium can help some.
Magnesium Helps Heal Cipro Damage - NaturalNews.com
I know, its crazy. USA has a black box warning for this stuff. HealthCanada issued warnings in January this year.
I've got the magnesium, prebiotic and probiotics as well as glutamine garlic and milk thistle.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:29 PM

Just finished painting that horrible wall and came in to catch up on the news, have a shower and have lunch.

Scotty, that all sounds horrible. Definitely will put your name higher up my prayer list.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:11 PM

Where is everybody? Wazzamatter, why is everybody staying away? We need the janitor back to liven the place up.

A friend just sent me something that I decided to share with y'all. Some of you older fathers may relate to this, particularly the farmer types. Maybe like old dog?

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...kPjUbmIA?rel=0

Quick Reply: deserted abandoned unused break room 8- 17 June