Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Deming New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deming New Mexico

I have to go to Deming New Mexico the second week in May. I was just wondering if there was anything to do there, you know, after dark. Any night life?
Old 03-09-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a funky museum, which you will be happy to know closes before sundown, so you will have plenty of time to enjoy the night life. However, I think the gas station closes early. The Mexican border is not far, but there's nothing there either.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Rare1
There is a funky museum, which you will be happy to know closes before sundown, so you will have plenty of time to enjoy the night life. However, I think the gas station closes early. The Mexican border is not far, but there's nothing there either.
Sounds like a good place to be from.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:19 PM

Hey Bearwhiz.

I think you already got most of it. You want to make sure you have your truck pretty theft proof when getting in/around the border. We have a BIG theft problem here in the border states. Also, you do not want to leave anything of value in it, they will bust the windows to get in.

I have the JimmiJammers, Ravelco, and the factory alarm module and two sets of wheel locks under the hub caps. Outside of a flatbed, my truck is not going anywhere. I saw one recently with a chain around the rear axle backed up to a light pole in a motel parking lot, really big, heafty lock in it. I also have a tint all the way around, I bought the type that when the glass breaks the tint holds it together (somewhat) just to slow them down a little. So far, I have been lucky when getting in the border area. All the stickers and labels for all the additional theft prevention kind of make them move on to something easier.

The Illegal Runners (coyotes) love our trucks, they steal them and use them to run in country from the border loaded to the hilt with illegals. They bash them up to a point of a total wreck and render them useless and run them out of fuel in the process, then they abandon them somewhere. Every so often you can get a good deal in a buyout from the insurance companies when they find and bring in a bunch of trucks. Usually someone here or on the other diesel sites has reported one of them to us as stolen.

Just a word of warning before you make a trip here. You might want to take a few precautions.

CD
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a pretty good steak house and winerys in Deming, and that's about it. The only place that has less is Playas.
If you're going to spend any time in the area, go to Las Cruces. Lots of good eating places, friendly people, and good places to stay. Deming is only 45 minutes or so down the road. The further west you go out of Las Cruces, the less there is.

workingontrip#7downsouthShortround out
Old 03-12-2007, 09:02 AM

Bear,
Good advice from CD. Not much in Deming. We own a worthless lot in Deming Ranchetts. Been in the town. There are a few resturants. Pick up one of those Free travel cupong books at rest area. When you get in town check in visitors bureau, thay are friendly and all the info. Have fun and a safe trip.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:38 PM

I went to Deming one Sunday,it was closed.