Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"The Cooler" Sept. 19th - 26th

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Cooler" Sept. 19th - 26th

Dang,
5:00 pm CST and no cooler entry yet? What, is Shovelhead on vacation? Oh yeah, he is.
Well, took my new Remington BDL 30-06 to the range for the first time today. Pretty smooth shooting with Remington Accutip boat tail cartridges (165 grs). The gun has Remington's new "R3" recoil pad on it. Was expecting more recoil, but it was not bad, the pad helps quite a bit.

~Rob
Old 09-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like we might be in for the seasons first snow tonight. Its going to be a cold drive to work in the morning.

The weather hasnt been on my side to get any shooting in. It seems like we went from hot and dry to cold and wet within a weeks time.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Rich
Old 09-19-2004, 05:27 PM
DPG

Weather-wise, this was a perfect weekend. Blue skies, temps in the 70's. Took the fiver and went down to Grand Valley State University to visit my daughter and take in a football game. Great time! Even had fireworks after the game. Now back to reality tomorrow morning!

DeWain
Old 09-20-2004, 06:19 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got in all the shooting I wanted this weekend.
Had 25 officers to qualify on the 9mm Saturday. Took from 0830 to 1400 to run them through. What a goat rope. You would think that when you are told to be on the range at 0830, you wouldn't have them showing up when they felt like it.
Had another group of 60 on Sunday that took from 0800 to 1400 to just get zeroed on the M-16 range. That's after we ran a bunch of them through the beamhit system. Had one that we told to adjust the sights 18 clicks to the right. Ought to be simple enough, nope, not at all. The individual turned the front sight 18 clicks to the right. Couldn't even get it on paper. Goat Rope II.
Got home around 2000, but got them finished.
These clowns are sure making retirement look good.

footsoreandhineydraggingShortround out
Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 AM

Morning guys,,,you to Shortround

Start of another week
Had great weather this weekend, spent half a day yesterday washing and waxing the truck. Think I hire it done next time, dang thing takes forever to clean up!

Who has the donuts this morning?
Old 09-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Well, I'm back in the other "OTHER" building and it still is the same pit it was 11 years ago.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:03 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning boyz,

My Friday and off 2 big weeks! Woohoo!

Gonna hit the Betsy tommorrow for the BIG fish. Wednesday have to shoot to Lansing and tie up some loose ends from dads funeral. Then Friday, bright and early shootin for da U.P. eh? Expecting to stop for breakfast in St Ignace, then go west. Gonna try to make a meet with Upersledder in Iron Mountain and use the pool at the resort he works for, and hit Copper Harbor area too.

Karen, Chris and I took all the dogs (ours and her parents 3 Goldens) for a run with the work-horse last night. We flushed a woodcock. We got the dogs settled and I took Kaley over for a sniff where he landed. She put it up and then a 2nd one went up. We've had a few cold nights, so I don't know if they were locals or migrants. I'll be getting Kaley out with the gun after we get back next week. Should be "hot" then.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Starting off another cold morning here. First time this year I had to wait for the "Wait to Start" light.
Nice to know that the heater grids are still good.
Mondays around here mean meetings! !

Gotta stock up on my coffee for these sleep-a-thon meetings!

Hope eveyone has a good, safe day today.

Rich
Old 09-20-2004, 02:28 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Heasdin out, seeya guys........Bruce, I counted the bulletts.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:46 AM

Mornin' all,
Beautiful day in North Texas. Too bad I am wasting it at work. Gotta go get a flat fixed Went to the dump and got "screwed". Left the screw in the tire as it makes a nice plug.
Called [**The tire shop***] to see if they had any Nittos in stock, just in case they couldn't patch mine. Said they had one at a warehouse just outside of Dallas. They want to charge me $12.00 to go pick it up if I need it. I think that is crap, I have the road hazard policy and they shuttle tires all over town from one store to the next without charging. I am going to raise stink with them if I need a new tire and they try to charge me. I have bought several sets of tires there and these will be my last if I have to pay. Heck, the ones I have now, they shipped from Arizona and I didn't pay extra

Took the Remington to a gunsmith to have the trigger pull adjusted, can't wait to get it back and be able to squeeze off a few rounds.

Have a good day ya'll
~Rob
Old 09-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Colder today than yesterday.... and yet were suppose to be back in the 80's by weeks end.
Gotta love fall. Got a good dose of white stuff last night all around us but nothing here:

Have a good one guys.

Rich
Old 09-21-2004, 08:58 AM

Morning all, another wonderful day in law enforcement

Thanks Dieseldaze for the picture of the white stuff,,,,just what I needed to see! No point in rushing that along. I am sure we are going to get hammered this year with it.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:46 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Its Tuesday?? must'a slept through Monday.....had a kegger for my oldest daughters 21st B-day Sturday, and I think I may have had jest one too many...caint seem to remember Sunday or Monday....

Sunny and Bee-u-tifull here in the Heartland, temps in the 70-80 range, sunshine and gentle breezes.... Y'all keep that white stuff out there Deizel...Farmers Almanac says we will have ours around Halloween...

Well..... guess I oughta get out and at it....been slurpping the joe and shootin the stuff long enough.
Y'all have a good one!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:21 AM

The weather is here now, 43 degrees and snowing at the top of the hill, I'm guessing a white lawn in the morning, Time to start the bath remodel (Oh boy )
Old 09-21-2004, 10:37 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Boy, oh boy, oh boy, am I ever doing the happy Snoopy dance today.
Just got a copy of the order comformation for 30 each .22 rimfire conversion kits for my M-9 Berettas and 30 each COMPLETE .22 rimfire upper receivers for my M-16A2's. Delevery in about 30 days.
It really feels good to take over what was a really broke section, build a fire under their rear, weed out those that won't and never will, get the backing from the command group, and start doing what was supposed to have be taking place ten years ago. Happy, happy, happy.
Next project is to shrink a 300 yard KD range down to 1/4 scale for use with .22 rimfire ammo. (grabbing bulldozer, post hole digger, tractor, C-4 (just in case), pipe and angle iron. Yeehaa.

wonderingwhatelseIcanthinkupnextShortround out

Quick Reply: "The Cooler" Sept. 19th - 26th