Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Confession

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confession

Recently I went to Baltimore for business and rented a vehicle through National. I have Emerald Aisle service which means I skip the counter check-in and just pick whatever vehicle I would like that they have parked on Emerald Aisle. I had a choice, an Impala, a Malibu or a Toyota Sienna minivan. I said "I'll take the minivan". I liked it. It was comfortable, I sat up higher than in any of the sedans they offer (which is nice, especially in a foreign (to me) area), and it drove like a car. The power sliding door was It would have made an awesome road trip vehicle. Even my wife was laughing at me (as you probably are now), especially since it was MY choice. She went so far as to call my manhood into question.
I am embarassed to admit this in a public forum (admitting you have a problem is the first step) and was wondering if I should seek professional counseling?

~Rob
Old 06-30-2005, 09:38 PM

Were you compelled to stop by a soccer game??

Minivans are fer Girls (just like Poweerstro....uh, never mind....)

Actually, the Grand Caravans ride really nice....but im still not buying one.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I rented a brand new Chevy Venture mini van to take the wife and grandbabies to the beach, it was an impressive little ride overall. I had to pour oil in the gas tank to make it smoke and stink, but it did OK

I wore a hat and sunglasses so nobody would recognise me in the minivan
Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the attributes of our Grand Caravan, but I know they aren't for tall men. My knees hit the center console/cup holder at a wierd spot, and my ankle is sort of twisted unless I use the cruise control. But it has LOTS of power, all things considering, decent mileage, tons of room, and makes my wife happy. As long as the last one on the list stays consistent, then I have no trouble keeping my truck!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:51 AM

Mini vans are fine unless you are trying to pick up chicks in it ... then you look ridiculous.

PISTOL
Old 07-01-2005, 04:38 AM

My wife has a Sienna and she just loves it! Our choice was between that or a better optioned Grand Caravan and she said it was no contest. It is pretty nice but it's no "Real" truck.....
Old 07-01-2005, 07:00 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd limit the number of people I offered this information to.
You have agknowledged your problem (as you said) for you and your wife's sake, pick the sedan next time. How was B-More? Get a chance to check out the Inner Harbor?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:05 AM

hotdram, Don't be embarrased, we've all been there. It's a normal "phase" that we go through. That is until our kids (or the kids we're praying for) become 12,13 or 14 years old and no longer want to be seen in the family wagon. Then they ask you to drop them off 100 yards from their pal's... and you discover you're not cool anymore.
Nat
Old 07-01-2005, 07:45 AM

Minivan? What's that?
Old 07-01-2005, 08:31 AM

I like driving my wifes safari van (4.3l v6). Pull up to those ricers at a light and embarass the heck out of them when I leave them at the line.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Driving a Mini van is like picking your nose..Great as long as nobody catches you!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:40 AM

The wife really likes my CTD, made the mistake of letting her drive it.
My neighbor did the same thing, they now have two CTD's in the driveway.
I might have to buy another CTD soon.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by natstayl
hotdram, Don't be embarrased, we've all been there. It's a normal "phase" that we go through. That is until our kids (or the kids we're praying for) become 12,13 or 14 years old and no longer want to be seen in the family wagon. Then they ask you to drop them off 100 yards from their pal's... and you discover you're not cool anymore.
Nat
I'm not embarrased anymore (I think that is step 2) after reading most of the replies (except Dr. Evil's and RLV's). Heck even Top rented one. Although I really do hope it is a phase. My wife stated something to the effect of "over my dead body" would she drive a mini-van, but if we have the children that we are praying for, especially more than 1 at a time, I think she will change her mind, her little RX-300 will be a might bit cramped. She also mentioned some nonsense about me selling the truck if we need a minivan, so she could keep her SUV. After checking her forehead for a fever, I casually let it slip that I would seriously think of trading her in first. My back doesn't hurt too bad now from sleeping on the couch.

~Rob
Old 07-01-2005, 12:27 PM

A mini van is only cool when it's an Austin Powers ******* wagon.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:31 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hotdram
[B]I'm not embarrased anymore (I think that is step 2) after reading most of the replies (except Dr. Evil's and RLV's). Heck even Top rented one.

What Top refers to as a Mini Van is a M-113 APC with allt the hardware. M-2 Cal 50 and a M-60 out the cargo hatch.

Quick Reply: Confession