Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Close encounters of the LEO kind.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have never really had a bad personal experience, the only time I did have an issue with the police it was self inflicted and completely deserved by me. The cop actually handled it well.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

Had we started that encounter being belligerent and non cooperative, there is a good chance we would have died right on that highway that day. The Cops would have been proven wrong eventually but that would not have helped us at that point.
I think that this is something to take to heart.

My personal experiences of the last few years with LEOs were all rather nice. I try to make the stop easier for them, keeping my hands in sight of the officer etc. Less stress for him (her), easier atmosphere.

Just my 2c

AlpineRAM
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was driving my 89 golf diesel. mind you this car only had 52hp but with 850 000 km on the clock probably alot less.

so this guy in a newer golf cuts me off nearly puts me into the curb and is doing about 120km/hr in a 50 zone.

so i drop down a gear and give it all that little 1.6 liter can handle. (not much by the way i think i hit 65 km/hr tops before i had to make a right had turn at the lights about 100 meters up lol)

so i try to follow that guy down a side street cause i have seen him before but its useless.

sure enough cheries go up cop pulls me over gets out and just looses it on me for speeding.

once he calmed down and stopped yelling i said i know there was a speeding golf but that was green and newer than mine trust me i tried to follow him.

at which point he backed up slaped and fore head appologized and realised he pulled over the wrong car lol.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sure am glad I was never EVER like my older twin.
Cept for the time when...
and when...
and then...

It took 6 cops with batons many hits and tackles to get me to go with them one time when they mistakenly chose me as one of the party goers at an apartment complex where my real brother lived.
I had a cast on my right legg too. I managed to push the buzzer on my brothers apartment right before they started grabbing at me. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and fit the party animal form perfectly...therefore they wanted me. I was cordial initially but they wanted nothing to do with that.
I think what set them off was when a set of their keys got tossed into the pool right before I started dragging two of them along the grass while they tried to take my bottle of Tequila. The baton across my throat impaired my breathing some and the hits I took to the solar plexus and the back of my good legg started to anger me and I flipped the switch. Not a good scene...of which I regretted especially after I saw what they did to my brother who came to try and rescue me from a patrol car.
This all ended up in court on the Monday and all charges where dropped.
I apologized for my actions and behavior and all but one of the cops apologized too. This same cop cornered me outside the courtroom and said to me; "This is my town and you will never walk freely here again." I smiled and looked over his shoulder and asked the court guard if he got all that. He nodded. I then looked away and started to leave when a hand came down on my shoulder and this cop came unglued...in a big way. I did what i could to shake him...he landed on a bench rail and then the cops and guards seized him and told me to get the heck out of there. At first I said...No. Then I shrugged it off and left. My brother was shocked and badly injured from this encounter.
The lesson I learned? Not too sure on that one other then to keep my cool.
One bad cop was making a mess for all of us.

Like I said, I am glad I never acted up.