Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Clinton Library Opening Ceremony Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 04:52 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clinton Library Opening Ceremony Pictures

First things first… PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Don’t turn this into a political thread!!!

Today as some of you may have heard on the news is the grand opening of the President Clinton Library. I know there are many on this forum that don’t like Clinton but that is not what this thread is about.

The LRFD was assigned with emergency services for the grand opening and I thought I would tell you guys about the festivities.

The weather for the event was unfortunately bad. Steady rain with the temp hovering around 50 degrees. The Fire Dept was assigned with Egress, Decon, Haz-Mat, and Bomb Squad duties. The opening went off without a hitch.

I didn’t realize until about 3 weeks ago exactly how big of a deal this was. All of the living presidents except Ford were there today. Former President Jimmy Carter spoke first. I was really looking forward to hearing him speak. H.W. Bush spoke next and gave a very entertaining speech. President G.W. Bush then spoke and had many kind words to say. Clinton was the last to speak.
There were also many celebrities there today. Barbara Streisand, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Halley Berry, Ted Danson, just to name a few.

The high point for me was the performance of U2 front man Bono and “the edge”. I have always wanted to see U2 in concert. Today was probably the closest that I will come.

These pictures were taken when U2 was performing. Many people were starting to leave because of the heavy rain. Sorry for the bad image quality. They were taken with my camera phone.

There is going to be a special on Prime Time Live tonight on the Library if you get time to watch it.

Britt

Old 11-18-2004, 04:56 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lights off the Flame Thrower...
Here Top.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:10 PM

I Repeat ONE more time. This is NOT a political thread. Please don't treat it like one.

Britt

Old 11-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time at the trailer.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by wannadiesel
Glad to hear you had a good time at the trailer.

man it sure does look like one doesn't it?

a $160 million dollar trailer

i wonder if that means it will be a tornado magnet?

britt

Old 11-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Banned

Man Britt, looks like beautiful weather that day...shorts,t-shirts, you know..
Old 11-18-2004, 08:37 PM

Thank you for being there to ensure the safety of our current and three former presidents.

Now, did you get one of the cigars they were handing out at the entrance to the Lewinsky wing?

(I wanted to get that in before this thread gets locked......because you know that's coming)
Old 11-18-2004, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by TireHauler04
Man Britt, looks like beautiful weather that day...shorts,t-shirts, you know..

yeah the weather sucked.

but it was still fun. pretty cool seeing 4 different presidents in one place.

U2 was great also!

britt

Old 11-19-2004, 09:20 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wasnt gonna Flame ya. You Prob have a Halon system in the thread anyway.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:04 PM

Streisand was there? I thought she was leaving the country with that actor that starred in Red October after W got elected the first time. What was his name? Michael Baldwin wasn't it.

I saw some of the speaches on CSpan tonight. Crappy weather for sure.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 PM

I'll bet security was TIGHT! I remember what it was like when W came to Elmendorf, AK...Air Force 1 landed on base and W gave a speech in one of the hangars. But to have 4 presidents w/ all their Secret Service agents everywhere...WOW!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by welder27
I'll bet security was TIGHT! I remember what it was like when W came to Elmendorf, AK...Air Force 1 landed on base and W gave a speech in one of the hangars. But to have 4 presidents w/ all their Secret Service agents everywhere...WOW!

it was pretty cool seeing all of the secret service and the motorcade for all of the different presidents. they basically shut down all of downtown little rock and all of the interstates coming into town.

while clinton was president we were pretty used to all of the fuss. but you get 4 presidents in town and MAN

britt

Old 11-20-2004, 05:41 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Saw U-2 in Frankfurt. Good concert, seemed strange though, seeing all those American tractor-trailers in Germany. Big fleet.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
$160 million and Clinton won't tell us who the main contributors are.

What is political about white trash opening up a double wide for the public to see in Arkansas? I think it is funny that all of the idiots there didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain.

Where can I get me one of those "hillybilly handshakes" that Monica gave Clinton?

To have a sitting president show up at an event for the sleezy Clintons makes me sick. That's not political......its the truth!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
$160 million and Clinton won't tell us who the main contributors are.

What is political about white trash opening up a double wide for the public to see in Arkansas? I think it is funny that all of the idiots there didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain.

Where can I get me one of those "hillybilly handshakes" that Monica gave Clinton?

To have a sitting president show up at an event for the sleezy Clintons makes me sick. That's not political......its the truth!

Just couldn't help yourself could you?

If this thread gets locked so be it. I mistakenly thought that some of you could be mature enough to put your political preferences aside and see it for the historical event that it was. Obliviously I was wrong.

I guess I’m an idiot for standing out in the rain? Guess I’m white trash since I reside in the same state that the Clinton Library is in? Obliviously someone liked him since he was elected TWICE.

In all of the political and religious threads I have posted in I have never insulted anyone.

Thanks a lot for you very nice post Geico. Really meant a lot to me.

Oh and one more thing. The $160 million you refer too… all of the contributors are listed in the OFFICIAL PROGRAM!!! They only gave out 30,000 of those so I could see where you might have missed it.

Lock it if you need too.

Sincerely

Just an idiot from Arkansas

Britt

Quick Reply: Clinton Library Opening Ceremony Pictures