Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chrysler customer service coming back to the states.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should not have said most I should have said lots. Sorry my bad.
Thanks for the writing comment maybe you could teach me to write better. It sure might help my chance of future employment. Insults are great.

I know the Lav3 is based off the Mowag family of armoured vehicles. As is the Coyote Recce vehicle used in Canada the Grizzy and the Cougar .
I also know that General Dynamics makes and develops Military hardware through out the world. Along with GM.

I am not going to get into it with you on this subjuect in great detail. Such things as Radar, Sonar, some of the intricate ways it has been used, lots of the US's missile R&D, Space program has come from Canadian sources. Like it or hate it south of the border takes lots of updated sources for themselves. Then hide behind the job protection/ National security.

It sure is funny being on the other side of the coin and seeing the situations that happen and knowing people who have been directly affected by such.

Cheers, the point is the US not only has lost jobs, It has taken jobs by strong handing it's Friends.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good call. Another perspective is if our Canadian Immigration adopted the same rules for work here (green card required) 90% of the US citizens working here in Canada would be detained or deported. IN fact, the company I work for had to work loading logs on a barge in Alaska, and we had to have a one to one ratio of American and Canadian workers. Yet the US comes here and load their log barges with zero Canadian workers required. It makes it almost impossible for Canadian company's to compete, all I can say I wish the the situation was reversed (shoe on the other foot)
Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As to the OP--- Luke, I always enjoyed reading your posts, and even though you told us our trucks had enough power the way they came (your right)-- I still enjoyed reading your posts, and DTR is the poorer for you not being on here as much. IMO anyway. Thanks for info. I for one am glad to hear it. As to the Canada and USA back and forth, you guys may be right, we have had it too good for too long and are now paying the price. Cheers
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GM Canada’s Diesel Division purchased Motorwagenfabrik AG (Mowag) of Kreuzlingen, Switzerland for an undisclosed sum in July 1999, although the sale was not announced until a month later. Mowag, designer of the Piranha LAV that Diesel Division builds under licence in Canada, has estimated annual sales of $250 million. Mowag has supplied LAVs to Denmark and Sweden in Europe, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and Qatar in the Middle East, and has bid on sales to Malaysia in Asia. Mowag also has licenced production of the Piranha to companies in Chile, Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom in addition to Canada.

Then General Dynamics bought out GM's rights to produce the LAV series of vehicles. But GM Canada still produces them under contract.

Those are actual facts,

Yes GM and GD are both US companys but both have Canadian divisions, both have taken Canadian inovations and sent them south of the border to be built for large scale for the US DoD.

Next time you should check your facts.

I am out of this conversation now it can continue under PM if you want to discuss this further.