Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chick-Fil-A. What's the big deal???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chick-Fil-A. What's the big deal???

We were running some errands yesterday and my wife and daughter wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. We got into the place after fighting for a parking spot and the place is just jam-packed. People were standing waiting for a table. Now, I understand that my daughter likes it for the playland they have but what's the big deal about the restaurant for the grownups?? The food is OK at best but this place is always crowded. What's the big deal???
Is it just me?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 AM

I think for "fast food", the chicken is supposedly good. I likeit but I only ever eat it when I have to... ie. traveling and it's either that or Burger King or McDonalds.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:00 AM

i went to a chick-fil-a on monday and had the same problem. love there nuggets and waffle fries
Old 04-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love their food more then any other place in the world!!! I dont know why tho....
Old 04-02-2006, 11:24 AM

I think the food is great but when they are busy it aint that great. Luckly ours here is never busy.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:40 AM

The line actually moved very fast inside the store but the drive thru line was wrapped around the building. The food is OK, The ice cream is OK, but I'll say that their iced tea is great.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually have Chick-fil-A once or twice a week for breakfast. They have those little hash-brown chips and the chicken-egg and cheese bagels that are really tasty.

The strangest thing is that whenever I have heartburn I crave Chick-fil-A.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:43 PM
JKM

Is it wrong that i have NEVER heard of this place?

JKMgonnastayincanadawhereherecognizesstuff...
Old 04-02-2006, 01:46 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JKM

We don't have any within 50 miles here. I've had it a few times while in PA and once at my brothers in NC. I really like it, it's probably the best "fast" food you can get. The one we were at in Garner, NC was packed the day I went too.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
We were running some errands yesterday and my wife and daughter wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. We got into the place after fighting for a parking spot and the place is just jam-packed. People were standing waiting for a table. Now, I understand that my daughter likes it for the playland they have but what's the big deal about the restaurant for the grownups?? The food is OK at best but this place is always crowded. What's the big deal???
Is it just me?

its the same here in LDO

its the hot spot for the beautiful women of LDO, hence why i eat there three or four times a week, except gettin the girlies to notice ya is kinda hard, and its always super packed. They are kinda expensive here too, the nuggets combo is almost 7 bucks..... good food tho.. their sweet tea is poison tho...

My alltime favorite tho, is whataburger, for its sweet tea and value....
Old 04-02-2006, 02:19 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
There are a number of them in the Raleigh area. All of them are busy. They have great food and GREAT service!!! I know there will be those times here and there where someone experiences bad service, but I have yet to experience a bad employee or a wrong order. I've been going there close to 10 years now. NONE of the others could say the same. Their biscuits are good too.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by JKM

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I've never heard of the place either.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:46 PM

I wouldn't wait in line for fast food if Shania Twain was servin' it up nekkid FOR FREE!....... Some little piece of tissue-wrapped crap that takes about 10
or 15 of'em to fill you up........

Sorry fellas. This Texas heat is commin' back & I just about can't take it !

There.......... I feel better now.... ....... ......
Old 04-02-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
always clean.

nice expensvie local restaurants around here have water standing in bathroom (inch deep) moldy, nasty stink, greasy.

people in SC are just nasty,

but independent owned stores like that are held to a higher standard.

them stupid waffle fries too....WHOOOA...put some hot sauce, salt & pepper in a pile, ketchup on top, use the waffle edge like a plow to stir up... (don't make diesel noise while plowing - the hotties WILL notice you then - when the wife slaps the back of your head)

this fat kid might have some this week....

my favorite is "#4 swap the meat" where the #4 has all the trimmings (cheese, lettuce, mater) , but not the grilled chikkin, being from the south, i get them to "swap the meat" and put the DEEP FRIED stuff on it.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by koogala
I wouldn't wait in line for fast food if Shania Twain was servin' it up nekkid FOR FREE
WHO'S THAT? NEVER HEARD OF HER, OR HIM, WHATEVER!!!

For our wonderful Canuck friends, a whole bunch of Yankees have never heard of a Tim Hortons, either. I have to blind fold the CFO going thru every Canadian town perchance she will see the Tim Horton and HAVE TO STOP. I try to get her attention to the other side of the road about the time we pass one - - unless I am hungry too - - then, "Hey honey, look what is over there".
Bob

Quick Reply: Chick-Fil-A. What's the big deal???