Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cat owners more intelligent than dog owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Cat owners more intelligent than dog owners

It appears that on this site that there are more dog owners than cat owners. I know that there are also many cat haters here. Just read an article that I thought that I would post here to promote a nice fight.
Yeah, yeah, I know - DTR's resident trouble maker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...og-owners.html
Old 02-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the owners might be more intelligent, but...

The popular myth of cat intelligence was dented last year with the publication of a study showing that they did worse than dogs at a simple reasoning task. Cats presented with two pieces of string, only one of which was attached to a food reward, could not tell which one to pull for their treat.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If cat owners think they are more intelligent, Think about this.
Cats don't have owners, They have servents!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Load Hauler 04
[/Thread] ....
Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know how many people get up in the middle of the night dog out.

I wouldn't let a dog or cat in my house
Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No pets at my house, but I have noticed that my neighbors cats don't bark at night
Old 02-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have 2 cats in th house. The first one was my wifes and she was only alowed to get it on a compromise. She got the cat I got a ATV. The second one we kinda adopted when some freinds of ours wanted to get rid of him cause he was a little sycotic and they where having a baby. We were only suposed to have it for 6 months or so but its now been here around 6 years. They offered to come get him but they where just gona dump him on a gravel road so i said we would keep it. Hes fun to have around anyway. Like I said hes a little sycotic(sp). He thinks hes a Doverman and hes almost big enough to be. He has drawn blood from at least 3 people threw there jeans and he dont have claws. He loves to play rough and if ya get him all wound up and walk away he will atack ya. Makes for a fun critter to have around. Personaly I am not a huge cat fan but the one sleeps all day and is never around and the other is fun to mess with. If we lived on a farm or accerage I would have a dog no dought but not in town. That and we can leave for several days at a time and just leave extra food and watter out and not have to worry abought them.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM

ok I have a golden retriever in the house most of the time and a cat, named Wiggy. My dog and i are scared to death of the cat. at night, i put the cat in the dog crate and let the dog roam the house. I personally hate cats very much, but the ex-woman loved them. the cat will go out of its way to attack anything that moves, and sometimes it dont have to be moving to be attacked. The cat is about two years old and still is kitten size. I think dog owners are a little brighter than cat owners but i am dumb for keeping the thing. my 2 cents.
Wheelo
Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 PM

All pets have servants. If pet owners didnt serve their pets food, they wouldnt get fed. Are there dogs out there that have steady incomes and can drive to Wal-Mart for a milkbone?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by GasganoFJ60
Are there dogs out there that have steady incomes and can drive to Wal-Mart for a milkbone?

Post removed for the use of profanity.

Last edited by madhat; 02-08-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: S/L
Old 02-07-2010, 01:59 PM

I think both cats and dogs can be just as dumb or as smart as we want them to be.

Ive been raised around both cats and dogs and currently have a cat thats maybe 4-6 months old. From the pets ive had in the past I think dogs are more like "best freinds."
Anything you wanna do, dogs are ready and willing at all times.

Cats are more like "room mates that you get along with." Roommates may not always want to go with you for everything but you know your belongings aint gonna be chewed up when you get back.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:50 PM

I love people that won't have anything to do with dogs or cats. They are the same people that think the police will protect you. I personally have both. The cats come and go as they want,and keep the rodent population in check. The dogs are more like kids. They live with us and are fun to have around. I don't have to lock my doors at night time because I know if anyone is around. When we leave we lock the doors to protect any would be bad guy. Some day well probably come home and have a whining crook setting in the corner and have the dogs surrounding him sizing him up for coldcuts.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:05 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

A reminder: The title of the thread is Cat owners more intelligent than dog owners.
This is not a debate as to whether dogs are smarter then cats or vice versa. The debate is about whether the cat OWNERS are smarter than dog owners.
Well, are they?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
We have cats, my wife was straight "A" student in college. The cats are hers, but I feed them empty their litter box and walk my dog everyday. I guess cat owners are smarter.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by BigIron70
We have cats, my wife was straight "A" student in college. The cats are hers, but I feed them empty their litter box and walk my dog everyday. I guess cat owners are smarter.
Now that's funny.

Quick Reply: Cat owners more intelligent than dog owners