Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Canadian Coming to the US HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Coming to the US HELP!!!

Hey guys I have heard that any canadians coming to the US will be hastled for gas and such. Seems that even if all of us aren't behind our PM we are still treated at traitors. I will be proudly flying my american flag in the window of my CTD.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:00 AM

Re:Canadian Coming to the US HELP!!!

Haven't heard of any of that going on around here Jamie, but since I always fuel up at the truck stops I doubt I would see any of that anyway. Hope your trip goes well; drive safe.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In the same boat end of the month have the same feelings going down to Vancouver Washington. Good luck
Old 04-07-2003, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:46 AM

Most of those gas station employees can't speak english yet. Don't you carry a Fish thumper under the seat ?<br>I haven't heard of it actually down here , but suppose there are a few stupids up closer to the border.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:47 AM

Ya we carry a billy club for fish LOL that wouldn't be good. I was thinking of telling them I have some unfinished business with bush at the boarder jokingly and see what happens (Like I would say that!)
Old 04-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Banned

Well I know they are turning people away and not giving a reason. I don't blame them one bit. America is at war. But I would suggest no President jokes at all. You would probably get rejected.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:33 PM

[quote author=spots link=board=8;threadid=13289;start=0#125348 date=1049764833]<br>You would probably get rejected. <br>[/quote]<br><br>And probably end up on nation wide news, as well.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:03 AM

Just had a few friends come back from a trip down into Montana. They had to turn back because they couldn't find any stations that would sell them fuel. All they got from the attendents was &quot;Your Canadian, no fuel here for you&quot;<br><br>It's a shame that most of us Canucks don't support the pinhead we have for a leader, but because of the few retreads that do, we all pay. <br><br>Godspeed to all my fellow members here that have friends and family in the conflict.<br><br>I'll park the soapbox now.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:50 AM

Well, living 20 miles south of the border, I haven't heard of any of the gas station hassles your friends may have experienced. We pump our own fuel so how would an attendant know if you were a Canadian? Most of the stations around here are owned by one member or another of a rather large Lebanese American family anyway. However, I am saddened to report that we had some idiot wandering around our local mall slapping paper on cars with Canadian plates telling them to go home since they didn't support the effort. Needless to say most of us don't agree with this **********, (my own censoring, you put in the appropriate word). I'm just one small voice speaking in the wilderness of idots. Americans, join me in speaking against this b.s. If the idiots are allowed to get away with this sort of thing, it will only get worse.<br><br>~Dave
Old 04-08-2003, 08:29 AM

Like Dave said, most of us don't support or agree with the tribalism displayed by the &quot;Yankee go home&quot; rejects. If you fuel up at the large truck stops where all the big rigs go, I doubt you will have any problems getting fuel.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Makes a guy sick, I saw on the news where a lady from Canada had a note on her windshield in Blaine Wa. that said, something like this...Leave our country now.<br><br>As soon as some of the business folks and her friends in WA got wind of this and saw the note on the news, they contacted her to make it right.<br>She stated she did support the USA and did not agree with our puppet ministers choice of not helping.<br>Afterall, why would our PM support the war when he has an appointment at the UN when he retires? :<br><br>I heard on the CB a few times from US truckers stating that they knew that most of the Canadians they talked to favored the coalition and were not impressed with out so called leaders stance.<br><br>Now the average citizen takes the grief once again. <br><br>SMASH<br>
Old 04-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Pretty rediculous situation, people turning Canadians away from fuel pumps and sticking &quot;love letters&quot; under windsheild wipers&quot; :<br><br> The good news is that the morons who do such things are not representing the majority of the American People. Come on down Folks , you are welcome here!.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Amen Top.
That's like judging us by the actions and words of the Hollyweird types.

Ed

Quick Reply: Canadian Coming to the US HELP!!!