Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom- Coffee-foo-foo-tea- And Chatter 4/6-4/13/08

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin all

Work week starting today for me. Snowing a little right now but don't think it's going to amount to anything.

Scott give it to him. Hate it when young people don't respect seniors.

The coffee is pretty good this AM Claude thanks for hitting the button. Where are the energy rings hiding?

Have to get at it, they don't pay me for sitting at home on my butt drinking coffee.

Have a good one drive safe and have fun.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:41 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

morning all...

admin... I disagree with deleteing posts before midnight, there are one or two of our members that are a few hours ahead of EST.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Ah, they don't count.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:20 AM

sure they do.. I have been among them several times.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
alwaysonDTR

I knew we counted for something......
Old 04-06-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Alwaysworking
I knew we counted for something......
Or Not.....Snowed off an on last night, about a 1/2 inch on ground this morn. Got down to about +12 last night, woke up late with a cold wood stove so in the process of warming the house up, it dropped down to 57 in here, so not to bad nowadays. I turned off the oil stove couple weeks ago, since the wood stove will heat the place as long as its around freezing point or above outside. That is if you keep it fired up. Something hit me wrong last night around 3 am. and had me praying to the porcelain god. Have no idea what it could have been,
Old 04-06-2008, 02:29 PM

Afternooner all,

Nice sunny day in NW Houston. 5er and Bob are out basking in the turtle spa. The doggie figgered out how to open the spa and take a turtle out to play. Not good, put the turtle back in and secured the top.

Taxes done, a few $$$$ coming back,, and we are eligible for the rich uncle Sam give away in May.

Our 5th wheel is listed at the consigment lot for sale. That is a good thing.

Friday took the Chrysler town and desert to a friends auto shop in Huntsville, at the request of the daughter. No problems found. It rain so hard on the way out of town it was like driving in a river. The belt got wet, the alternator light came on, and the power steering was hard. Cleared up in a few minutes. I-45 was going about 30-40 MPH.

Where daughter work, the power went out, They sent everone home. Sounds good, but there was no power to open the big sturdy gate at the parking lot, and could not get back in the building, as the card readers coulld not open the doors. Unhappy campers in the parking lot.

Wife on a job search, so she has more time for school right now. So my job jar is full, and I work slow. Cuts into my DTR time.

Had a good visit with army son. He came down for the weekend. He is stationed at Ft Hood.

Chawakwa, teach them youn'un respect for us sexy seniors. Big problem is some kids have no respect for anyone, or themselves.

AK, Paul, hope you are feeling better. No more sacrifices to the China Budda.
Maybe is was chowmain poison or something.

Have a good un and be safe out there. Off do do some rounds.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek
Afternooner all,
Nice sunny day in NW Houston. 5er and Bob are out basking in the turtle spa.
Hey, how did you know where I was. Just came in - - gorgeous out there - However I didn't find any turtle spa - - just a Bob spa. Finished my papers from yesterday and today and some magazines and was drinking Blueberry foo foo - - I figured it would all be gone around here this late in the day.

This thread sure got off weird while the sane ones were all sleeping. That Old Dog can't get off that sack of seeds to go to bed with all the normal people. Then we get other people come along and encourage him. Don't know about this.

OK, gonna go watch a fight and eat a bite. See ya morry,

Bob
Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM

I got the grill going, the firepit just beyond getting rid of downed limbs, a cardinal on the bird feeder chattering away, a cold Coors Light beside me and a wireless internet connection.. Life is good this afternoon.

ETA, and my favorite rock station on in the background.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

AkTallPaul: According to a couple we were camped close to in NM, upset stomach routinely follows an Alien abduction. They also told us that the Aliens had been sucking the electricity out of their trailer battery’s at night so they should know.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:56 PM

yea, it was as good as it looked on the grill
Old 04-06-2008, 05:59 PM

LOL Maybe thats what happened when I was out riding in the old test area. I was gone longer than I had planed on.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner

yea, it was as good as it looked on the grill
what are the vise grips for?

and i wounderd where that good smell was coming from
Old 04-06-2008, 06:09 PM
DTR Mom

Wink quick revolving door test....

AKPAUL: nope! just guilt from not babysitting my twelve gear salute and parking practice for the road test......

FRONTY- that looked great!!! along our 500 mile journey North, we saw MANY chicken BBQ fundraisers....until we promised to get the next one. didn't see one for another 120 miles.......

our property is still there and everything working like it should. about two feet of snow still up there but the ice is floe-ing.....big ol Northern (resident we think) slapped the water for us. turn into a walleye and he won't do THAT twice...

looks great in here, thanks to 'ALways' and furry janitor........

had blueberry pancakes today so leaving blueberry doughnuts out for the late shift......
Old 04-06-2008, 06:36 PM
alwaysonDTR

well guys i off to go visit my grandma.

Quick Reply: Breakroom- Coffee-foo-foo-tea- And Chatter 4/6-4/13/08