Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom 11 - 15 nov. First week of deer season

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 07:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Breakroom 11 - 15 nov. First week of deer season

Well it 840 everybody must be out hunting so I will start the new room biscuits gravy coffee and phoo ready to go
Old 11-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Seems like the breakroom is completely empty. Even the dragon is missing.

Bitter cold has arrived. -11C with wind chill of -19C.
Colder highs coming this Wk.

I've been working on my heater core RnR and posted in the 3rd gen non engine section about my discovery with the heater treater doors. Was I supposed to take the foam wrap off the doors? I ask because it all came off and blocked air flow and door movement...except the recirc door. I tried putting the foam back on a couple sets and you could see the foam catching in spots so I pulled it all off. I'll live with the possible clunks.
Now I know why the temps where always different from drivers side to passenger side and lots of heat to rear seats all the time. One chunk of foam had fallen into the passage and another was laying across where it should've closed.

Coffee time.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Scotty;3257390]

Don't know where you are but glad I'm not there! It's 47F here this morning, sunshine and no wind.

Had my coffee, time to go work on the fence.

Everybody have a good one!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:51 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Thanks RR1 for starting this weeks break room. Popped in here much earlier, but nobody around and no new breakroom, so left it for others (like you) to get this week moving.

Scotty, BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! It is for reasons like that, that I now live where I am.
We have freezing cold morning here too. Right now at 08:50 it is a chilly 16C and a slight breeze. Should be in the mid 20's in a few hours.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Found the dragon. 44° and windy here in the global warming capital of the world. Where did our winter go? Going to have to pull the winter tires back off.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Scott, since when is -11c "bitter cold". Even with a wind. -9c here this morning, clear, just a nice fall day. Little more time to get yard work done before winter really hits.

Working on making some sserious changes in my professional trajectory at this point, not taking a new direction, just a different way of getting there.

Have fun people
Old 11-09-2014, 11:48 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Scotty how close to Manitoba are you?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Well it 840 everybody must be out hunting so I will start the new room biscuits gravy coffee and phoo ready to go
Just got back in. Perfect cold weather this morning, so the deer stayed in bed.

Windy, nasty last night. Got 2 from the rocking tree stand in the willows. If I get 2 more, I'll fill out the party. They'll be ticked. 4 rounds a year is a lot of ammo for me to shoot.

Thanks for the grub. Gotta go get ready for winter, which is tomorrow according to the prognosticators.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Haven't hunted this year. Wife doesn't really care for venison. One of the guys from work did get a nice one yesterday morning on my place. He promises me a backstrap. I'm looking forward to it. Grandson may want to hunt, if so, more or me!

See ya, and be safe!
Old 11-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by twichit
Hey Scotty how close to Manitoba are you?
Twitch, on the map I have, Scotty is about 2" from Manitoba.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:11 PM

Happy Sunday all y'all, RR1, thanks for opening the new breakroom. We had family for a sleepover lat night and lots of beer and wine was involved so I went to bed without opening a new breakroom. Boy, having kids around sure changes things. If DW and I have a late night party, we can just sleep in the next day. The kids are 8 and 10 so they aren't actually high maintenance but you still need to get up and make breakfast the next morning. This morning we had bacon and gluten and sugar free chocolate chip pancakes.
Family has headed home now so we get to relax a bit. The dog is crashed on one couch, I am on the other and DW is just chilling at the kitchen table.
We just got a txt from my sister saying that the weather Scotty has mentioned has made the highways horrible. She is the passenger, not the driver, so txt message status reports are acceptable.
Have a good and safe Sunday everyone and send warm thoughts to Scotty, Pind, Cougar and I, the polar vortex is on its way.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A happy Sunday afternoon to the gang. Great church service this morning - - filling up with snow birds running from a few snow flakes further north.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Have a good and safe Sunday everyone and send warm thoughts to Scotty, Pind, Cougar and I, the polar vortex is on its way.
Admit it - - you love it. Otherwise you wouldn't be there. It is horrible down here too. Rained all afternoon yesterday (of course, we could use it) and got really cold last night - - down to 61. About 75 out there now, so not real hot here either. Orchids are blooming nicely and plants still growing like mad. May not need the weekly lawn cut though this week - - we will see.

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here. Y'all be good.

Bob
Old 11-09-2014, 02:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
What the heck is a polar vortex, another northern government department? It's called weather. It happens 24/7, and it only exists so that all of humanity has something in common to whine about. It dipped to -14c just before sunrise, and is holding at -6 now. And, it is November in the north country, we've still got it pretty good.

Going to give the corral one last raking with the bobcat, and hope it stays relatively frozen for a while.

If you want warm thoughts, keep moving... you'll stay warm.

Have a great day
Old 11-09-2014, 03:30 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=ssandlin;3257393]
Originally Posted by Scotty

Don't know where you are but glad I'm not there! It's 47F here this morning, sunshine and no wind.

Had my coffee, time to go work on the fence.

Everybody have a good one!
Originally Posted by pind
Scott, since when is -11c "bitter cold". Even with a wind. -9c here this morning, clear, just a nice fall day. Little more time to get yard work done before winter really hits.

Working on making some sserious changes in my professional trajectory at this point, not taking a new direction, just a different way of getting there.

Have fun people
Well Hello Scott from TX! welcome welcome, wear shorts while you work.

I am still riding my motorcycle cause the ground is dry.... tues will be 40 f and we are planning a picnic ride. had snow the other day, gropple after that. as long as it isn't a cold rain, I am ready to ride/work! spoke with janitor, busy! gonna have to drive out there and tackle him. send DTR love.

Pind! always feel for ya working in frozen wasteland (winds brrrr) but you can not kill the boss to improve your position status= self promotion....
snicker. believe in yourself, and toot yer own big excavator horn!!! get after it!

watched the BBills self destruct. sent killer cat straight up from my lap during a botched td/fumble. endured the pain of clawed legs and chest and a football loss with a warm pumpkin beer. it actually was delicious. shocked me.

way to go on the deer, JM! Sherod! we only eat venison. 95 acres here but the deer know when to leave, gun season is the end of the month, bow hunters have tried and been outsmarted. I swear, If a large doe/buck come to the porch again, I am riding them into my barn. with respect. dinner.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Pind, are you ever so politely calling me a wimp? If so you might be onto something. I have lived in Canada all my life, southern Alberta for 30 years, so I should be used to this. Also, let's be honest, it isn't really all that cold yet and the snow is just falling not blowing in a howling blizzard. As I mentioned back in the summer, I am actually better in the cold than the heat.

Dinner tonight is going to be a comfort food kind of night. There is a pot roast in the oven, spuds for mashing are ready to get peeled and cut. Veggies are yet to be decided.

The house is warm and smells like roast beef. It may be cold and white outside but all is good in here. Nothing to complain about.

Happy Sunday.

Quick Reply: Breakroom 11 - 15 nov. First week of deer season