Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone have a smoke ticket??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a smoke ticket??

I got one here a few monthe ago. It has been in argument around here for awhile it is actually a city ordinance now. although me and a friend of mine are findind this hard to beleive seeings how, how would you tell what excessive smoke is? I mean an order to give you a ticket for noise they have to have a Decibal gauge (was told that by a cop) so how would they say you have excessive smoke well anyway i got one.

Here it is you have to look close cause i had it folded in my wallet and ot is kinda messed up. But it says " Excessive black smoke and noise from exhaust"

Name:  myticket12.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  227.5 KB
Old 06-29-2005, 08:17 PM

So what happened in court? I have been to Owensville several times, have a few friends in the area.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:20 PM

Those are the kind of tickets ya tear up....
Old 06-29-2005, 09:13 PM

LoL , i had a talk with the prosecuting attorney and told him this is a joke. So he said that the officer did write it up wrong but he would still have to charge me with faulty muffler. It was a 25$ court cost ticket. I think it was worth it to be in front of the whole court when the judge said

"" How do you plead to the charge of excesive black smoke and noise by exhaust""

I just so badly wanted to say GUILTY , but you aint seen smoke yet
Old 06-29-2005, 09:35 PM

How do they know your muffler is faulty??

At least it was only $25
Old 06-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now this may qualify as excessive but who knows and I have been pulled for illegal exhaust too.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...php/photo/3800
Old 06-29-2005, 09:55 PM

Now this may qualify as excessive but who knows.
Yeah thats about how much i put out. So it would be considered ecxessive in this town anyway.
How do they know your muffler is faulty??
What muffler , Nah in this town that is just what they reduce alot of things down to. Thats what i said i said i just put 300+$ worth of exhaust on there it better not be faulty. And he said that is just what i'll write it up as.

I am still happily chugging around town. I am friends with someone that has a relative on the chamber of commerce and he said that they had a big meeting about all the diesels in this town. And a RED and GREEN dodge was brought to there attention It wasn't me and my friend, nope no way.

Ever since he dropped in the laser cuts, 370's and a HTB2, we are still tooling around just chugging and haven't had any problems since.

So what happened in court? I have been to Owensville several times, have a few friends in the area.
I am sorry you had to experience being in this town Nah anyway be carefull if you chugging the smoke through now the state boys have been up here.

Ohhh yea forgot to mention this is 100% true after that ticket they gave me which i left out some of the I did over it about how diesels dont have to have mufflers ect...

They called the DOT to sit in town on the weekends on side streets ect... We were all like

Isn't that crazy?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:39 PM

well, if it bothers you too much, put one of these in front of your house......

Old 06-30-2005, 12:57 AM

I got one the other day for excessive smoke.

Told the officer that you can stuff it because the dealer says that nothing is wrong with my truck. Take it up with them if you think there is a problem.

He let me go.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
"Excessive" is such a relative term..........
Old 06-30-2005, 08:23 AM

Well I vented for 30 minutes but instead of submitting it all, I'll just add:
Like in a previous post, the guy you smoked today might be the rulemaker tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Clunk
....the guy you smoked today might be the rulemaker tomorrow....
....or the soccer mom in the minivan you smoked today probably has the rulemaker's telephone number.....

Rusty
Old 06-30-2005, 08:32 AM

I have

Exhibition, cost me 25 bucks, I got nailed once too for illegal exhaust.. back when i had my stinger on the truck the guy thought it was straight piped.. Two weeks ago heda been wrong, today hed be correct.... as long as u watch out where u smoke ppl, or just are lucky enough that no cop is around, then u can get away with it.. But ive gotten two tickets...

Tx
Old 06-30-2005, 08:36 AM

How would you like to be in traffic, no ac in the mid-summer, and inhailing black diesel smoke.

Have fun, just be courteous!

Quick Reply: Anyone have a smoke ticket??