Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Online Poker

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online Poker

Does anyone here play online poker? I just started playing and im getting hooked. I like it almost as much as my truck.

Marshall
Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM

I know a few guys that do it but I havent yet b/c of the reason you just said. Getting hooked lol. I tight with my money when it comes to that stuff.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM

you can play for free on some sites, you can also get into money games on those sites. I do the free games, instead of gambling real money away, id rather buy bombs for the rig.

Marshall
Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 PM

i do quite frequently, sometimes i get to buy a gallon of diesel with my winnings
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 PM

never tired it myself... I spend to darn much time on the computer here let alone if I started playing Online poker!!..

Be careful in the money games though.. Some people sign on with friends in the other seats.. then they compare notes to take the others money...
Old 03-09-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I play for free on pokerstars.net

Nut, I find that I only get on about 1/week. Just too much other stuff that I HAVE TO GET DONE! Blasted responsibilities!

Oh well.

Tony
Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't and never will. Whatever you do don't play for real money unless you can happily afford to lose it, and you probably will. I've had two experiences with people I knew well. One that lost $200,000. of his customers money and another that drove his family to near bankruptcy. Why would anyone bet good money when you have no idea who is at the other end. There is absolutely no reason to believe it's fair or honest. Play for fun, play with your friends, or at least play with someone across the table from you. Don't get scammed.

Wertspirit
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wetspirit
I don't and never will. Whatever you do don't play for real money unless you can happily afford to lose it, and you probably will. I've had two experiences with people I knew well. One that lost $200,000. of his customers money and another that drove his family to near bankruptcy. Why would anyone bet good money when you have no idea who is at the other end. There is absolutely no reason to believe it's fair or honest. Play for fun, play with your friends, or at least play with someone across the table from you. Don't get scammed.

Wertspirit
I agree! I play with funny money ONLY! I work too hard to enjoy what I have to just squader it all away!

Tony