Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anniversaries

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 09:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anniversaries

Well folks, Tomorrow is going to be one of those days.<br>2 years ago we lost our daughter, seems like yesterday.<br>As like many other families on the site, we never thought it would or could happen.<br>Our 2 year old daughter had been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer.<br>I won't go into detail, but I will say this.<br>Enjoy the time you have, make every day count.<br>That little girl taught me that no matter how much it hurt, as long as we were there with her, everything was ok.<br>At 3 1/2 she had lost the battle. <br>Now 2 years later, my wife and I still have our good days and bad.<br>But we have each other, a good family, and some great friends.<br>I find that now the good memories come before the bad.<br>The little things that made us all laugh together.<br>Those little things are what keeps you going.<br>So as I sit here with a smile, I can only tell you that even<br>though our time was short together. <br>I wouldn't have missed it for the world.<br>Becky, Dad loves ya, I know you can hear me.<br>Thanks for letting me get that off my chest<br><br>Rich
Old 02-01-2003, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Anniversaries

god bless you and yours richard ...... scott
Old 02-02-2003, 05:44 PM

Richard,<br><br>My heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to lose a child. There will always be a hurt in your heart - even as time goes by, you'll never get over that. I'm sure she was a very precious baby to you both. <br><br>My oldest son died of suicide almost 8 1/2 years ago - he would have turned 30 this past Christmas time. <br><br>Remember your daughter fondly - keep those happy memories of her precious smiling face and wonderful laugh in the front of your mind.<br><br>DW<br><br>
Old 02-02-2003, 06:57 PM

I have a daughter, now 5, that was born 3 months premature and there were a lot of days that we thought would be her last. She is severely physically handicapped, but we are so thankful and appreciative of the fact that she is still with us. My heart goes out to you and others who have lost children. As close as we came, I still cannot imagine what it must be like.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Our families sympathy and prayers go out to you and all families who have prematurely lost children.
My stepson and riding buddy Ron was taken from his mother and me in '95 by Leukemia. Ron was 21.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:22 PM
DPG

richard:<br><br>I can't know what it is like to lose a child, but we did help our closest friends through the loss of their 21-year-old son last fall. After all this time the medical community (CDC in Atlanta, Mayo Clinic, U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor) has not been able to determine a cause of death. His heart just stopped. We know about the good days and bad. He was our son's friend from second grade on. But, we still have our two, wonderful, healthy kids. And I thank God for them every day. I pray that God will give you peace, and joy for the light that Becky was in your lives, and the lives of others that she touched. Know that you and your family are in my prayers.<br><br>DeWain
Old 02-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

&quot;Rice-Rocket&quot; Ronnie.
Stomped several &quot;Hot Rod&quot; H-Ds street racing during Myrtle Beach bike week in '94
He was riding his Suzuki 400 Bandit.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

My deepest condolences to all of you that have dealt with the horror of losing a child.<br><br> God bless you and yours.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:58 PM

I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child, but I do know how me and Cattle Hauler felt when we saw our little one laying there lifeless and helpless at her hour of birth. By the Grace of God she is healthy. <br>I feel for everyone the pain it does cause in your chest. The ones that have been lost are much safer than we are right now. <br>God Bless You All<br>Dana