Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am I crazy?

if I can't find a white truck I like, am I crazy for considering repainting the truck forest service green?!?

always loved the look of the really pale/pastel fsg trucks

Forrest
Old 06-19-2005, 07:24 PM

I would have to say that you are.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Banned

not crazy, maybe a pint or two low tho.... belly up to the bar and fix that imbalance .
Old 06-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

I guess it's the correlation with being up in the mountains... cuz that's the only place I ever see trucks that color...

if I can't find a nice white, dark blue, black, or silver truck, I might have to do it LOL!

I ain't gonna be caught dead in some maroon or gold retirement mobile!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i have a pic that has one in the background,

a second gen dodge 1500 2wd, 2 door longbox, it looks ok, but would be nicer if it was an emerald green.. Not quite my taste but itll do till i can save up for a new paint job..

Tx
Old 06-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Banned

I've never been one to follow the herd...

I cut my teeth hot rodding fairmonts while all my buddies were playing with mustangs...

I'd really like to do a Cummins swap on something, but Dodge did a pretty decent job and when I buy my next truck, I hope to have more money than time...

I like my trucks to look like "work" trucks... steel wheels (or black coated aluminum), black grill, white paint, cab lights, etc. something that looks like a fleet truck... if I can't have contractor white, I might have to go with forest service green

Forrest
Old 06-19-2005, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by Forrest Nearing

I ain't gonna be caught dead in some maroon or gold retirement mobile!!!
Hey I resemble that remark! My trucks maroon! I'm not that old! What's wrong with maroon? There's quite a few of us around here with maroon trucks. I will have to agree with you about the gold color. I aint to crazy about it myself. My Bro has a gold truck and I always hack on him about. He tells me that its not gold its tan?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Banned

the worst are the red/gold two tone trucks!!

I just have a thing against maroon... can't stand it... couldn't tell ya why

oh well, I'm sure that's how most people feel about sea foam green!

Forrest
Old 06-19-2005, 11:52 PM

in a word, yes.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:13 AM

Forrest,
I think that a 4x4 would look great in Forest Service Green. Slap on some black steel wheels with some 35" all terrains, maybe some dark green or black Rhino liner on the lower side of the body for chip damage ... and of course, you have to have the black brush guard / big bumper combo, side steps and a tool box.

I would drive that anywhere .... (glad I wasn't the only person who liked that color).

PISTOL
Old 06-20-2005, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by BUCKSHOTMCKEE
Hey I resemble that remark! My trucks maroon! I'm not that old! What's wrong with maroon? There's quite a few of us around here with maroon trucks. I will have to agree with you about the gold color. I aint to crazy about it myself. My Bro has a gold truck and I always hack on him about. He tells me that its not gold its tan?
At least get it right, its not maroon, its molten red And I too resemble the remark, and Im only 24, and not even CLOSE to retiring, unfortunately
Scott
Old 06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Forrest,
I think that a 4x4 would look great in Forest Service Green. Slap on some black steel wheels with some 35" all terrains, maybe some dark green or black Rhino liner on the lower side of the body for chip damage ... and of course, you have to have the black brush guard / big bumper combo, side steps and a tool box.

I would drive that anywhere .... (glad I wasn't the only person who liked that color).

PISTOL
you're seeing what I'm seeing!!!

I figured cammo would just be too redneck... the FSG is a little more understated

Forrest
Old 06-20-2005, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by Dieseljunkie
At least get it right, its not maroon, its molten red And I too resemble the remark, and Im only 24, and not even CLOSE to retiring, unfortunately
Scott
Yeah, and to add to that, it is not gold, it is not tan, it is bronze thank you...

I am 23 and way past the point of wanting to paint my truck. Girls like the colr, but I don't. I'm thinking fire engine red, add on some cab lights, and then some Eagle 409 wheels. 33-12.50-16 Maxxis Buckshots, and a leveling kit, and tint the windows.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by Dieseljunkie
Scott

I've even heard it called "Blood Red," I like that!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by BUCKSHOTMCKEE
Once again you go the attention of a maroon (garrnet - get it right! ) truck owner... I'm still young at heart that what matters...I'm only 34...

Quick Reply: am I crazy?