Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Advice please on a new sleeping bed purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do your self a HUGE favor and spend the money for a king! You will thank your self later for doing it! After sleeping in a king I have a hard timew going to a friends house and sleeping in anything smaller.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
Sleep numbers are only good for sleeping if you sleep two feet apart(ie each on your own side, not in the center) and if you plan on doing nothing but sleeping on, my exgf had one.
That gets cured after your married.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Redleg
That gets cured after your married.
LMAO, I was going to say, me and the ex sleep on a king once, and she was ****** at me, and I never notice she came to bed, those things are huge.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 PM

Get a QUEEN if you love your fiance; so love doesnt go cold sleeping further away from each other on a king size. Sleep number beds are great. The beds that bend up and down ect not worth spending the extra dough....thats why you have pillows. You can also get some sleep number pillows while your at it.
Iam a pretty tall guy so king doesnt do me any good, there only wider.

i can handle sleeping on a wood floor its the pillow thats important to me, so for the lady its a must with sleep number. adjusts to each other side
Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I slept on one of those once. In Florida. All I did was sweat all night. It seemed like the foam held all the heat in.
Ummm...You were in Florida. (It's hot there from what I hear)

Old 02-06-2010, 10:34 PM

I slept on one of those once. In Florida. All I did was sweat all night. It seemed like the foam held all the heat in.
These beds hold your heat more, dont know where you may of been staying but most likely it had plastic liner under the sheets....it happens theres nothing more uncomfortable than waking up on a sweaty bed.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by txarrowhunter
These beds hold your heat more, dont know where you may of been staying but most likely it had plastic liner under the sheets....it happens theres nothing more uncomfortable than waking up on a sweaty bed.
On that topic, has anyone noticed that most women like to be warm when they sleep, like 70+ degrees in the room, and most men like it cold like as in 60 and below room temp, I almost always have trouble sleeping when I have slept over at Gf house in the past.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
On that topic, has anyone noticed that most women like to be warm when they sleep, like 70+ degrees in the room, and most men like it cold like as in 60 and below room temp, I almost always have trouble sleeping when I have slept over at Gf house in the past.
Yes sir! But to correct your statment... I think women like it to be 75+ some even 80+ (my wife). She wants it to be a dang oven in there! And she still wants to get under the covers and then have the nerve to want to "cuddle".

For me, crank the a/c to 68, give me a sheet to cover my @$$ and feet and I sleep like a rock!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:11 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I don't think it was the foam holding all the heat in...

Not to side track this thread, but what exactly are 'construction driving cattle'? Cows that drive cement trucks?
Nope. Cows that build saw garages. And based on the pictures I've seen on this site, they do a pretty good job.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
DTR Mom

Wink

heheh^^^ sleep number here, but we only sleep in the bed! heh

queen size. it is tough enough to buy sheets and such for that. king size, people just normally gravitate to the edges. and when she gets mad- ho boy! even you can get a chance with a queen sized bed!

king size, she may just forget your name.

the hospital type beds ,raised foot head, aren't for daily use. it messes up the circulation for pressure. unless you need the head raised to prevent sleep apnea... should have a medical reason for that type.

put a fiv ehorse motor on it, you can charge a nickle for the bull ride.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Had a Tempurpedic for 3 years. After the first week it was great. Slep like a rock. No aches, pains or complaints. After about 3 years on it though, I was getting back aches, couldn't get compfortable on it and generally wasn't sleeping well. Mentioned it to Mama and she was having the same problems...... Switched it out with a decent pillow top innerspring mattress from the guest room and back to rock like sleep.

I still use the innerspring and do well with it, I also have slept in the guest room on the tempurpedic and slept well after moving it down there. But honestly, I'd rather have a waterbed....... Full wave too. Mama hated them though.....
Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im not worried about us forgetting about "activities" in the bed besides sleeping.....due to the size of the bed. Im sure we will still have plenty of "cuddle" time as well.

We have pretty much decided to go with a King now. We went looking again tonight...but still have not bought.,,,,,Just working thru the decision making process. I appreciate everybody's input.

I'd say currently, we are leaning heavily toward a Tempurpedic "Cloud" model, king size, with no vibration.....but WITH raised head/feet option. This would be a solid mattress not the split down the middle type. They also come with free delivery (from sleep experts), 2 tempurpedic pillows, and a 20 year warranty. It's gonna cost some $$$, but I think we will be happy with it. We are "sleeping on it" so to speak.....before we pull the trigger.

We were pricing the sheets, comforter etc. at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond store and they were only about $50.00 more for a King in the same all in one sets.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:15 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
im not worried about us forgetting about "activities" in the bed besides sleeping.....due to the size of the bed. Im sure we will still have plenty of "cuddle" time as well.
I was kinda wondering about that comment as well...

I would definitely go with a king, seems like you guys have made a good decision. You'll have to do the jumping thing with the glass of wine on the corner of the bed before you put your new bedding on and tell us if the glass actually stays upright!!!

We have pretty much decided to go with a King now. We went looking again tonight...but still have not bought.,,,,,Just working thru the decision making process. I appreciate everybody's input.

We were pricing the sheets, comforter etc. at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond store and they were only about $50.00 more for a King in the same all in one sets.

My wife has gotten some screaming deals on bedding on the internet. I think we have a couple of different comforter sets now. We did get a set from BB&B and they have pretty good stuff.

Have fun with your new bed, but only in the center.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 AM

If you sleep on your side or with your arms under pillows like I do you might not want the raised mattress. I have to have flat becasue I sleep with a pillow under my head with my arm under it, and a pillow over my head with my arm over it, kind of like a 5 layer sandwich
Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bansh-eman
For me, crank the a/c to 68, give me a sheet to cover my @$$ and feet and I sleep like a rock!
68??? That's HOT! It was 36 in my bedroom when I woke up this morning and I could see my breath. PERFECT for sleeping... which is probably why I over-slept!

Originally Posted by wyododge
I don't think it was the foam holding all the heat in...
Oh really? What do you think it was? Hmmm?

Originally Posted by wyododge
Nope. Cows that build saw garages. And based on the pictures I've seen on this site, they do a pretty good job.
Oh. I've never seen a saw GARAGE, but I'll take your word for it.

$50 MORE??? I wouldn't spend 50 bucks PERIOD for sheets, let alone 50 MORE! Dang, if I had to spend more than that I'd just buy a tarp. At least I could use it for something else and get my money out of it!

Quick Reply: Advice please on a new sleeping bed purchase