Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

04 suburban

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 04 suburban

Well, they finally replaced our sagged worn out shift truck at work with an 04 suburban ...........

I got to say I actually like it (OMG sacrilage ....I know), it's actually a pretty nice unit .....I mean it's the bottom trim line and IMO it's decked out pretty good

it's got the 6.0 gasser in it wich I must say I'm very dissapointed with ......... what a gutless motor........ I expected more

my buddy tells me I'm just ruined by my truck and no gasser will ever be good for me ....he may be right

I wish dodge would make a unit like this and put a Cummins in it ..........
Old 06-24-2004, 07:58 PM

Does anybody know why Dodge doesn't make something like that? You'd think between the Hemi and the Cummins, and if they offered a manual tranny, they would OWN the towing SUV market. Plus you'd have all the wannabes after them too.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Banned

I still say the best family big suv is the Burb. It's the perfect size, is very, very, very easy to drive, rides great, looks good, and is very reliable (we've had 3 with over 100K trouble free miles on them). My mom had a 2000 with the 5.3 and that thing would get up and move. Only problem though is that it had to be above 4K rpms to get up and move. The Vortec engines love the high rpms.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by IA_James
Does anybody know why Dodge doesn't make something like that? You'd think between the Hemi and the Cummins, and if they offered a manual tranny, they would OWN the towing SUV market. Plus you'd have all the wannabes after them too.
I highly doubt you'll see an SUV like that with a manual tranny. The vast majority of SUV owners wouldn't buy a manual tranny even if one was offered.

Truck owners are a little different, and enough of them will buy manual trannies to make them worthwhile to produce. A good number of six speeds are probably sold to fleets that want the lowest price possible for a stripped truck.

Most SUVs these days are hardly stripped. I bought a base model 2002 Durango a few years back with zero options. It had auto tranny, power doors/windows, and even manual dual climate control as standard on the base model!

Brian Elfert
Old 06-28-2004, 11:12 PM

I realize that most of the SUV's today are not exactly "stripper" models, but don't get why the stick isn't available in a fairly well optioned SUV? Most of the interior parts are the same vs. the same model truck. Back to the original point though, why doesn't Dodge make a Suburban/Excursion type vehicle?