Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

żżż Break Room żżż 12/31 - 1/6/07

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey all, kinda late gettin in here. not much going on around my place today.

matinence guy came and fixed my heat this morning, had a shrader valve in an external heating unit that was leaking from not being capped. so got that fixed and now my apartment will stay warmer than 70*.

other that that, i watched a broadcast of Barrett Jackson Auto Auction today. not sure if it was from this year, i think it was a past auction.

well time to go find some lunch and be lazy till 15:00.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Dentist appt. at 07:00 this morning, took a trip past the dealer to enable my high idle, got to go grab a couple more parts, then I guess I'll get into the garage and get going on building stuff for the new wheels.

I would take a nap, but Chaikwa's coffee has given me too much heart burn to snooze.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Caravan on Fox news right now.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

evening guys. just walking thru for a stale cup of joe.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
evening guys. just walking thru for a stale cup of joe.

DON"T DO IT!! Chaikwa's brew gives awful heartburn today. He's up to something new. Help us all! I'll make some fresh ginger root tea ready in 30 min. Come and get it!

Supper is warming up (leftovers) then back to the garage to wire lights for the bumper - a little chilly - may have to fire up the propane heater to keep things toasty.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 PM

i thought wiht the new year, we were going to stick with plain black sludge....

and ginger root tea? tea is supposed to have ice and sugar in it... nuthin else...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Hey FRONTY Good to see ya here...don't mess with the donations!!

FESTUS!! It is appreciated for thsoe in the know of how good it is...

Fronty 's from oklahoma- black gold, texas tea....heheheh get me the wonderful Georgia boys or Alabama to tell me about sweet tea, ice cold....

when it's cold and heavy moisture wind, while working outside all day- give me a hot bath and hot fragrant tea anytime!!

college son did his laundry and cleaned his room (STOP THE PRESSES!)
worked the dogs this morning, let them free run this afternoon while hubby and I cut and split more wood. Blessed that it is January and we have yet to go through the first 50 logs out of 130. Great start to next year's wood.
outdoor boiler, home built splitter and grapple really make the work a no brainer......dogs came back pure black but very grateful for a full run....

tomorrow hook up the trailer for a run to Rochester, NY and a needed charity
effort. over 900 SKIDS of pet food, all sorts dry and canned brand new, but not wanted by the area stores. this place is all unloaded by volunteers for soup kitchens and churches that feed the poor/homeless. no means for pet food distribution. hubby is state prison lieutenant that is in charge of all inmates that work outside in the community. He called me when they were going to throw out all this brand new food. I called 20 agencies that shelter animals. I drive a tractor trailer on friday for a load. probably will end up making two runs. Thursday back to another job site for more concrete blocks the guy found. this past week saw more than 1100 blocks of all sizes being removed, some broken ones for rip rap in the road ditches. Since I normally listen to folks arguing or pushing paper, I just may end up with arms like PISTOL>>>>>>> now where's me spinach.......toot tooot
Old 01-02-2007, 09:13 PM

born and raised in arkansas, I know how tea is supposed to taste.

Now I live in gas country (I would say oil, but its mostly natural gas) and work in the industry. joy.
by the end of the month, our shop is going on 12s. 7 days a week...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Festus
DON"T DO IT!! Chaikwa's brew gives awful heartburn today.
Looks like the people north of the border don't have a taste for DTR coffee! Give it a few weeks, you'll DT with out it.

and ginger root tea? tea is supposed to have ice and sugar in it... nuthin else...
AMEN!! (and maybe a little Jack...)

Bout to hit the rack. Mrs Mad made some really good home made fried chicken with Franks hot sauce on the side. I let mine steep for a while in it... love that Franks. Maybe I'll try some in the coffee in the morning. I've put it on everything else. We watched a movie with the kids, Barnyard, pretty good. If you have kids that are under 10 or so, they would like it, and I got a kick out of it as well. Then me and the wife watched Super Ex-Girlfriend. It was ok, kinda shallow. Not too bad. I wish I had the problems that the guy in that movie thought he had... I mean, Yes, Dear. I'm turning the computer off now...

See ya'll in the am...

gladthewifebuyscharmincausethefranksisgonnagetmela terburninhat
Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
... outdoor boiler, home built splitter and grapple really make the work a no brainer.
What d'ya mean, "home built"? That's a genuine Backwoods, (patent pending), creation, not HOME-BUILT!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
I drive a tractor trailer on friday for a load. probably will end up making two runs.
Wow, you remember how to do that? You gotta shift those y'know. And be able to count to at least 8! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

chaikwa.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by madhat
Mrs Mad made some really good home made fried chicken with Franks hot sauce on the side. I let mine steep for a while in it... love that Franks. gladthewifebuyscharmincausethefranksisgonnagetmela terburninhat
All I'm gonna say is that I'll be standin' by with the cleanin' equipment!

chaikwa.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 PM

she prolly has one of those little rigs with an automatic transmision...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

she prolly has one of those little rigs with an automatic transmision...
OW! If YOU knew her like I know her, you'd know she's gonna get you for that one!

chaikwa.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:51 PM

I know....
Old 01-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Lots of brave souls here messing with Heidi... Not it...

Coffee's on. Just turned the switch on like chaiwka said, nothing else. So if it's jacked up today, (more than usual) don't blame it on me.

Going to the dealer this am for the last of the waranty work this morning, truck is about to hit 36K. It's real nice having a 2 year old truck with 35.5K on it... I was looking up my books on line for my classes that start in a few weeks, and that crap is stupid expensive!!!! 200 and somthin bucks for 3 books!! Glad that the Marine Corps pays for everything else!

Hump day. Everyone have a good one...

Quick Reply: żżż Break Room żżż 12/31 - 1/6/07